Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boy in the photograph

Comments

• Options
    That would be the same family, almost certainly.
  • Options
    Just me, or is Katrien a bit of a milf? 
  • Options
    Just me, or is Katrien a bit of a milf? 
    All a matter of taste but she was about 29 then and not a parent.

• Options
    I worked with a guy (must be in his 70s now) who's son in law is an addick called cheeseman. 
  • Options
    Seems like Cheeseman / Cheisman is a bit of a common local name
  • Options
    Seems like Cheeseman / Cheisman is a bit of a common local name
     Not if you wash your helmet everyday.
  • Options
    I met an old chap at the pre-season friendly at Eastbourne United who was in his eighties and I'm pretty sure his name was Arthur. He had connections with the club as a boy; I think he said his dad or uncle was the groundsman back then. Sorry I'm being so vague but I'll see what I can find out for you. 
    Just checked online and there's an Arthur Cheeseman listed as living near the Eastbourne United ground.
    Thanks @captainbob  Is there anyway to contact him?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Bit concerned if he's related to

or

or

The top image looks frighteningly like Steve Sutherland!
  • Options
    My uncle had a good mate, Jeff Cheeseman when he lived in Cherry Orchard, he'd be about 60 now
    Yeah, i knew that Cheeseman family. Two brothers i think, went to Sherrington??
    You might have known my uncle then, Steve Martin, spent a lot of time in the Valley pub!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How old is your uncle  Steve Martin mate?
  • Options
    My uncle had a good mate, Jeff Cheeseman when he lived in Cherry Orchard, he'd be about 60 now
    Yeah, i knew that Cheeseman family. Two brothers i think, went to Sherrington??
    You might have known my uncle then, Steve Martin, spent a lot of time in the Valley pub!
    Yes i did.
  • Options
    I met an old chap at the pre-season friendly at Eastbourne United who was in his eighties and I'm pretty sure his name was Arthur. He had connections with the club as a boy; I think he said his dad or uncle was the groundsman back then. Sorry I'm being so vague but I'll see what I can find out for you. 
    Just checked online and there's an Arthur Cheeseman listed as living near the Eastbourne United ground.
    I'll contact Eastbourne Town and find out more then get back to you.
  • Options
    I'll contact Eastbourne Town and find out more then get back to you.
    Great stuff @captainbob thanks
  • Options
    On a similar vein, their use to be a guy at Wembley who when the teams did their Lap of Honour he would be right in amongst it, with peaked cap with with Wembley written on it. Some of the best photos England World cup LofH, have this moron in them. (Also fetched up in Man Utd Euro Cup win 68)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sorting through your family photos, @Addickted?
    It is embarrassing when you recall some of them

See that you are still using my photo  as well!...... 
  • Options
    Mum's asked my uncle and he don't know any Cheisman's, but mum is certain that my Grandad worked with one over the bottle works.
  • Options
    Went to Chiesmans in Lewisham to see Santa circa 1967...  if that helps?
  • Options
    I've got this picture framed at home and I've always wondered who the chap in a jacket and long trousers is. Can anyone advise on that? 
  • Options
    Jimmy Trotter.

Championship winning forward with Sheffield Wednesday, where he played alongside Jimmy Seed.

Was trainer for Charlton and England and took over as manager when Seed was sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jimmy Trotter.

Championship winning forward with Sheffield Wednesday, where he played alongside Jimmy Seed.

Was trainer for Charlton and England and took over as manager when Seed was sacked.
    Many thanks. Always intrigued me and now I know. 
  • Options
    Jimmy Trotter.

Many thanks. Always intrigued me and now I know. 
    Always happy to plug the museum : - :smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    iainment said:
    Apart from the boy and his descendants I struggle to see why anyone else is interested.
    But good promotion of the museum from scraps I suppose.
    You miserable so and so.
  • Options
    How old is your uncle  Steve Martin mate?
    62/63 I think!
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Those were the days.  Wearing the very same fleece as I type this.

I wonder what she is wearing at this moment...
    Ask @cabbles
    Ha - just seen this.  It was my fantasy that she wear the Mike Salmon goalkeeper jersey circa 93/94.  
  • Options
    As a result of the article we've been given a contact address.

More news when we have it.

Hi Henry. I popped into the clubhouse at Eastbourne Utd on Saturday and spoke with some supporters about the story. They didn't know Arthur Cheeseman but said his name rang a bell and suggested I go round to his house. Can you tell me whether the address you have is an Eastbourne one because if it isn't, it will save Eastbourne's Arthur Cheeseman from a doorstepping.

• Options
    Cheers, I've inboxed you @captainbob
  • Options
    Cheers, I've inboxed you @captainbob
    Great stuff, Henry! Now don't leave us hanging.....
  • Options
    Pathetic comment 

iainment said:
    Apart from the boy and his descendants I struggle to see why anyone else is interested.
    But good promotion of the museum from scraps I suppose.