Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boy in the photograph

Comments

• Options
    I find threads like this proper Charlton. Can't wait to see how Bob gets on down Eastbourne
  • Options
    I find threads like this proper Charlton. Can't wait to see how Bob gets on down Eastbourne
    Well said. I have really enjoyed following this thread so far.  Well done Henry.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Apart from the boy and his descendants I struggle to see why anyone else is interested.
    But good promotion of the museum from scraps I suppose.
    Surely as a Charlton museum it’s their raison d’etre?

Twat.
    Indeed. What is actually wrong with promoting our Charlton museum? Where's the downside?

• Options
    Major said:
    iainment said:
    Apart from the boy and his descendants I struggle to see why anyone else is interested.
    Surely as a Charlton museum it’s their raison d’etre?

Twat.
    Indeed. What is actually wrong with promoting our Charlton museum? Where's the downside?

Henners might get a promote, and that ain't project fear, that is a very real possibility

;)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sorting through your family photos, @Addickted?
    It is embarrassing when you recall some of them

But to Henry's credit you can see he's just about to give her the elbow.
  • Options
    Just me, or is Katrien a bit of a milf? 
    All a matter of taste but she was about 29 then and not a parent.

OK then, a bit of an ILF.

To be fair, I always found her very personable to talk with.  Just a shame she was so completely useless at her job.
  • Options
    I'm on my way to the house of the Eastbourne Arthur Cheeseman. Will be there in 10 mins. May have confirmation in time for the 6 o'clock news.
  • Options
    On tenterhooks
  • Options
    On tenterhooks
    Kinky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    Your opinion and of course you are entitled to it but I think you are very wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    LenGlover said:
    iainment said:
    Your opinion and of course you are entitled to it but I think you are very wrong.
    I think there are very few people who give a shit about who that boy is but admittedly it didn’t need to be said - I think the museum is a great thing however and will definitely visit it one day when I get a chance 

• Options
    On tenterhooks
    I was gonna say that, but weren't sure if it was tender hooks or tenterhooks
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    LenGlover said:
    iainment said:
    I think there are very few people who give a shit about who that boy is but admittedly it didn’t need to be said - I think the museum is a great thing however and will definitely visit it one day when I get a chance 

Piss off sunshine.....you think wrong.
  • Options
    Top sleuthing, eliminates one possibility, narrows the search.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    LenGlover said:
    iainment said:

a good proportion who do care probably post on here but i doubt you could get more than 50 to say they do - tin hat time...
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    LenGlover said:
    iainment said:

a good proportion who do care probably post on here but i doubt you could get more than 50 to say they do - tin hat time...
    I’m interested ... it’s part of our history so why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Quality work Len.

• Options
    Who's Clark?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Who's Clark?
    The maiden name of Arthur's mother was Clark.

Pure speculation and probably way off beam but there was a long serving director called Clark whom I believe was involved with the builders when The Valley was developed.

Clark is an extremely common name but IF there was some link between Arthur's mother and the director it could account for how Arthur found himself on the pitch.
  • Options
    @LenGlover, that's impressive work.  Now all you need to do is hack BT, get their 'phone numbers, and call them, totally out of the blue, and ask about their family history.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I make no claims to be in Mrs Rooney's league!

However, assuming that we are 100% sure the boy in the 1947 FA Cup photo was called Arthur Cheeseman, I have found an Arthur R Cheeseman, birth registered in Dartford in the December quarter of 1934,mothers maiden name Clark. This Arthur would have been 12 in 1947 so could potentially be the boy in question.

I have found a potential marriage for this Arthur, registered in the December quarter of 1954 in Dartford, to a Norah J Bloomfield but cannot trace any offspring of this marriage. Nevertheless I believe I have also found an elder brother, John H Cheeseman, whose birth was registered in Dartford in the March quarter of 1931. I believe John H Cheeseman had a marriage registered in Dartford in the March quarter of 1960 to an Ivy Reid.

The birth of a Robert Cheeseman, mother's maiden name Reid, was registered in Dartford in the December quarter of 1963. Robert would be Arthur's nephew. There are also two possible daughters, nieces for Arthur, sisters for Robert. Susan, birth registered Bexley June quarter 1965 and Pauline birth registered Bexley in the March quarter of 1967.

No idea if any of this is any use or help whatsoever but here it is anyway for better or worse. 

EDIT: I believe Arthur has other siblings if any of this is of interest or help.
    My understanding is that the family was very much from Charlton, rather than Dartford but it is a possibility.  Thanks @LenGlover for the leg work.

The other Arthur that has been found was born and married in Greenwich but it may not be him either.  Hopefully, well get a reply soon either way.
  • Options
    Interesting thread. 

Two things:

Do you just have the lady’s word it was this person? Have you had that said by anyone else?

Are you sure on the spelling? I know a family of Cheesman’s local to the area, so seems there are a few Cheeseman / Cheesman / Chiesman variations
  • Options
    Who's Clark?
    A bloke from Kent I think.

Oh I know, he's super, man