Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where Do You Sit and Why?

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the East Stand due to a combination of reasons

Its where my Dad's mate used to sit and was who I went with to a few early game, is one reason I got into Charlton

Its also where I sat when I went with my Primary School for my very first game

Went into block F as a Season Ticket holder for the first time in 98/99 because when submitting the application form I wanted to be near the front and close to where I had been sitting previously - Randomly got given the seat I'm in now for that season and still have that seat now - Wont ever and dont ever plan to change that fact either
  • Options
    used to sit with my dad and uncle in lower west block B - 3rd row from front by the tunnel. then moved to north upper block L when in the vodka club, then gave up season ticket 9 years ago, and when i go now sporadically I buy a seat in block A lower west nearish to my dad and uncle. 

Am in the process of trying to upgrade an OAP ticket to an adult in west lower for tomorrow, but wondering if easier to just buy a new ticket in block A for myself?  Anyone know?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    WU K just along from, and behind, Sillybilly.  Originally sat there when first took Jnr aged 7 because:
    1.  Wanted to keep him away from language :-/ (no chance now...)
    2.  Great view along 18yd line and still close enough to cupboard end to get some atmosphere
    3.  Never get sun in your eyes
    Ended up getting a ST up there.  Now I meet Jnr in the pub as he's at Uni and we're almost in the same seats that he saw his first match from.  He's been in all the other stands for cup games and have thought about changing, but got to know people there.  There are some characters that make me smile and as AFKA said the other day, it IS getting rowdier and noisier there.  We still get the chance to stand and get a bit more boisterous at aways so it suits us fine  
    You must say hello sometime. 

PS. Sorry bout the language 😉
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I sit at the back of covered end H block, so that I can stand. Safe standing needs to be a thing, sitting down is boring and makes me feel like im at home watching on TV.
  • Options
    West Upper block M, last row not far off the half way line. Can get a bit parky in the depths of winter.

Best view in the stadium and not too noisy. However, I have noticed a recent disturbing trend for a few around me to join in with the covered end songs.  ;)

• Options
    East Stand Block D right at the back on the centre line.
  • Options
    Covered end lower block E

If you know, you know
  • Options
    West Upper. Block M. On the half way line at the very back. 

View is brilliant. 

Used to sit north upper upper in my younger days. 
  • Options
    West upper block L. That M bunch are a noisy lot 😁
  • Options
    We sit in the NWC section in the front row with the concrete wall in front of us.  Many years ago before the days of flood lights I stood where the big screen is now situated and grew to like the view from the corner. I have sat and stood behind too many goals at away matches to go to our Covered End, I find the East too cramped and the West too expensive so NWC it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    East Stand Block D, great view, great neighbours.
  • Options
    West Stand Upper Block L behind the press box
  • Options
    when I get dahn the Valley .. West Stand, 1/2 way line near the front
  • Options
    Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

I have never liked watching football behind the goal.
  • Options
    ......to give verbals to the away bench?!
  • Options
    exactly
  • Options
    East Stand, near the back, great view 
  • Options
    Don't sit in the north lower if you're over 6foot its absolute hell, the legroom is awful  
  • Options
    edited October 2019

North Upper L Block row RR. Like to be able to stand throughout the game without worrying about people behind me..

And even at 30+, I love to have a sing song at the football.

• Options
    :DantaClaus said:
    West upper. Best legroom and I don't get the piss taken out of me for bringing a blanket and flask. 

You will if I see you!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was considered in my decision making process. Last season, after yelling towards Ched Evans to sit down after Fleetwood almost scored, Joey Barton turned, looked directly at me (my friend was the only
    other person in my row) and told me to “eff off”. I’m a bit of a sad wind up merchant, so had I been a bit younger, I would have got myself a nice little seat there permanently.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Done! East, Block D, Row R. Feel free to say hi! :smile:

• Options
    Have a guess :wink:
  • Options

North Upper L Block row RR. Like to be able to stand throughout the game without worrying about people behind me..

And even at 30+, I love to have a sing song at the football.

I'm over 50 and like to have a bit of a chant
    I moved to the lower covered end because I felt a bit old in the upper(and cheaper)
    But thanks for confirming I'm old
  • Options
    Front of north upper - brilliant view but still in the atmosphere. Used to stand on east terrace pre Selhurst with my Dad etc  ( me and mates used to play run outs and what have you in the ground back then, rarely bothered watching the game although when we played a 'big' team, we had to stay in view) and then had a season or so of covered end before the ground move. Far block of north nearest east when first back, then to back of B block north stand then back of upper when opened, down to midway for a few seasons, now down the front in the middle north upper - came available when loads stopped going a couple of years back - great being serenaded from the pitch at the Doncaster game - The North Upper replaces the directors box for celebration / adulation purposes until a new owner is in place. It is the heart of the club and the team's 12th man!!!       
  • Options
    Lower North, middle, back, sat there since 5th December 1992. Back then it was the back row, when upper went on became second to back row.
  • Options
    West Stand Lower...same reason as robert lee above
  • Options
    west lower, the row in front of the director's area of seating.  sat there the night of the play off game against Ipswich in 98, as they were about to put the west stand upper on.  Just really liked the seats as it's half way up on the half way line which is the best view I think you can get (imo).  Appreciate it doesn't have the atmosphere of the north which looks immense.  Had the seats for 21 years now so very settled and a good group around us 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    west lower, the row in front of the director's area of seating.  sat there the night of the play off game against Ipswich in 98, as they were about to put the west stand upper on.  Just really liked the seats as it's half way up on the half way line which is the best view I think you can get (imo).  Appreciate it doesn't have the atmosphere of the north which looks immense.  Had the seats for 21 years now so very settled and a good group around us 

All down to what you get used to I suppose - my dad sits about where you sit and ok, you are closer to the players / bowyer etc compared to where I normally sit in the north upper, but you don't get anything like the overview of what's going on - it's almost impossible to read the game as well from there and probably why KP used to sit up in the directors box when curbs was manager and report back  - might explain why my dad sometimes sounds like he's been watching a different game. 
  • Options
    Stood on the East Terrace with my Grandad/Dad/Uncle as a lad, moved to the Covered End when old enough in the mid 80s before Selhurst ,Sat in the East Stand the same spot as where I used to stand once it opened, now my son is old enough, whilst we don't have STs anymore and focus on away's, when we do attend (we just missed the Valley too much) its back to the Covered End, G Block tomorrow night.