Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where Do You Sit and Why?

13»

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    west lower, the row in front of the director's area of seating.  sat there the night of the play off game against Ipswich in 98, as they were about to put the west stand upper on.  Just really liked the seats as it's half way up on the half way line which is the best view I think you can get (imo).  Appreciate it doesn't have the atmosphere of the north which looks immense.  Had the seats for 21 years now so very settled and a good group around us 

All down to what you get used to I suppose - my dad sits about where you sit and ok, you are closer to the players / bowyer etc compared to where I normally sit in the north upper, but you don't get anything like the overview of what's going on - it's almost impossible to read the game as well from there and probably why KP used to sit up in the directors box when curbs was manager and report back  - might explain why my dad sometimes sounds like he's been watching a different game. 
    agree.  I do like it, because it's not too close to the pitch so you have a bit of elevation.  I wouldn't like to be in the front few rows, as that is too close and like you say, it's hard to see everything happen
  • cabbles said:
    west lower, the row in front of the director's area of seating.  sat there the night of the play off game against Ipswich in 98, as they were about to put the west stand upper on.  Just really liked the seats as it's half way up on the half way line which is the best view I think you can get (imo).  Appreciate it doesn't have the atmosphere of the north which looks immense.  Had the seats for 21 years now so very settled and a good group around us 
    My seat in the East stand also has a really good view. Indeed I think that players scores and opinions from Covered enders should be discounted, as they have a lousy view of the game  :D
  • West Stand Lower Block D. Sun doesn't get in your eyes.
    If @AveryAddick has his way smoke might....
  • LenGlover said:
    West Stand Lower Block D. Sun doesn't get in your eyes.
    If @AveryAddick has his way smoke might....
    On the topic, somebody was smoking a spliff in North Upper on Saturday lol
  • Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

I have never liked watching football behind the goal.
    Agreed. You often to struggle to see how things are shaping up from behind the goal.
  • North lower block C, been season ticket there since we returned to valley along with friends and family. Had a couple of wobbles during the last few years, due to the owner, but hung on due to low cost.
  • Addickted said:
    At home until the Belgian physco has gone.
    Biggleswade. 

• when I get dahn the Valley .. West Stand, 1/2 way line near the front
    ......to give verbals to the away bench?!
    That was considered in my decision making process. Last season, after yelling towards Ched Evans to sit down after Fleetwood almost scored, Joey Barton turned, looked directly at me (my friend was the only
    other person in my row) and told me to “eff off”. I’m a bit of a sad wind up merchant, so had I been a bit younger, I would have got myself a nice little seat there permanently.
    Behaviour out of character from Barton.
  • edited October 2019
    Now North Lower B block, sit same location i stood as a kid, when we returned to Prem sat in the East stand front row with my son so we could watch the Away team warm up. Had Ronaldo wink at us, had a wind up with Shearer, got spat at when i asked Viduka did he watch the the rugby world cup final, Quadrue crashed into me when i tried to pick the ball up from in front of the hording. And got on to telly with the Prem Plus Pass advert on Sky which ran on a loop for about 18 months. because this was where the steady cam operator stood and my son use to share his sweets with him before the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

Agreed. You often to struggle to see how things are shaping up from behind the goal.
    Agreed if you are low down but not high up - the height is more important than side / end - that’s my view as someone who probably sits in the west lower 2 or 3 times a season and the rest in the north upper - and my opinion counts more anyway as I’m north upper 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

Agreed if you are low down but not high up - the height is more important than side / end - that’s my view as someone who probably sits in the west lower 2 or 3 times a season and the rest in the north upper - and my opinion counts more anyway as I’m north upper 
    I really feel that you get a fuller view of what’s happening side-on. For some reason I just notice a lot more when I’m in the east to when I’m in the north upper.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Always go in the West Upper as near to the halfway line as possible, for no other reason than it’s the best view in the stadium.

I really feel that you get a fuller view of what’s happening side-on. For some reason I just notice a lot more when I’m in the east to when I’m in the north upper.
    You cannot see an offside behind the goal.
  • West lower block C towards the back in front of the door to the Millenium lounge.  Been there nearly 20 years.  Mainly because of friends sitting there but I like it and the view.
  • Lower West by half way line - at old Valley Dad always got tickets in main stand when he took me (apart from a few times on East Terrace) - when I went old Valley on my own always East Terrace, never Covered End

At Selhurst we always sat in Arthur Waite on half way line

Return to Valley always in West Stand - when rebuilt as double decker stand always lower West by half way line

I don't like watching football from an end if I can help it

So I suppose its been bred into me !!!
  • North Upper Block K

Best seats in the house IMO, not only do you get a great overview of the pitch but you also get to join in with and be around the North Upper atmosphere.

@ElfsborgAddick you can see offsides from where I sit because being as central as it gets in the stand I get a clear view across the pitch especially the North side of the pitch.

Granted you sacrifice a better view of the South end of the pitch but this is more than made up for with the close up view of the North goal with the block only having five rows to it.
  • I was always north, then north upper when it opened. Since having kids I sat mostly in the family stand and when it's cheaper cup games we go and sit near the home dug out. Now my son's are a bit older we have moved down to the lower north, A block but this is mostly cost related. If I had a bit more would likely go east stand near the half way line or a few rows back from the dugout. Love being close enough to hear the manager and staff chatting. 
  • Where is the North Stand?
  • East Stand Block F about 6 rows from the back, good view. Used to stand on the terrace but at the other end away from the covered end.
    Best view in the Stadium as well, in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• F Block Covered End Lower

Cheap and sat here since first getting season tickets in 2004
  • Used to have 4 x season tickets in the East, not any more due to boycotting though.
  • Back of East stand block G just in front of the away supporters. Dad used to sit me on the wall at the back of the East Terrace just to the right of the half way line. Try to get as close to that view now, giving Duchatelet as little of my money as possible. 
  • When behind the goal your sense of distance is a bit off. Hence the cries of "shoooooooot" when a player is 40 yards from the goal!
  • Currently East near the middle half way up.  Was upper west over halfway line for years until all the price tiers were introduced.  Moved a couple of blocks to save a grand or more as a family.  Then it got a bit sparse up there and we were surrounded by knuckle dragging pondlife with no discernible appreciation for the game and an inane constant litany of profane abuse for any and all players, officials, neighbours alike.  With crowds down to the twunt's low point 2 seasons ago, we swapped sides (East for West) and although it costs appreciably more the matchdays are much  more enjoyable.  My regular crowd's average age is around 48 but we're among the youngest hereabouts, no blankets in evidence, few flasks tho :wink:
    Have seen games from all around grounds of all sizes and it is much easier to get what's going on from the side, behind the goal, the pitch is forshortened and the further goalmouth is essentially in 2D.

• Where is the North Stand?
    Opposite the South Stand.
  • North Upper Block K

Best seats in the house IMO, not only do you get a great overview of the pitch but you also get to join in with and be around the North Upper atmosphere.

@ElfsborgAddick you can see offsides from where I sit because being as central as it gets in the stand I get a clear view across the pitch especially the North side of the pitch.

Granted you sacrifice a better view of the South end of the pitch but this is more than made up for with the close up view of the North goal with the block only having five rows to it.

block K north upper - the jewell in the crown of the valley - fact
  • I've never been a 'behind-the-goal' spectator if I can help it. The only advantage is that you see exactly what has happened when your team scores. Scrambled goals scored by your team are somehow far more exciting if you are behind the goal. However, when the other team are attacking your end, you get the disbenefit of seeing your opponents score at close range and can see little (with my eyes) at the other end if your team scores. Bad defensive lapses conceded by your team are particularly horrible fro, behind the goal. 

At the side, you see cracking shots and good build-ups much more clearly. You can even appreciate opposition goals a bit more.
  • East. Halfway along, halfway down. Where I stood is now where I sit.