Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    Under rules introduced for the 2019-20 season, the minimum suspension for a player found guilty of an aggravated breach of the FA’s discrimination rules is now six matches, which can be increased depending on any additional aggravating factors.
  • Options
    One would hope that their players would want to make a stand but I guess that they would be too scared to stand up. 

On the plus side, the goalkeeper has to come up with a credible explanation as to what was said and he won’t know when asked what is on record one what is not. 

Football need these issues to come out and be dealt with to retain any sort of credibility.

I think it highly unlikely that a player would make this sort of thing up and no doubt it was overheard. If the only witness is a Charlton player than so be it. For it not to be true I would expect there to be a witness to be able to provide a different explanation. If not, the reasonable probability would apply IMO.
  • Options
    Reaction of Leeds fan to this on social media is absolutely pathetic. All got their tin foil hats on - it's all a conspiracy...

"Saturday : shall we release this story? Nah
    Sunday : Shall we release this story? Nah
    Monday: Shall we release this story? Nah
    Tuesday: Leeds playing tonight? 🤔"

"Doubt that's true"

"10 times the amount of coverage than the derby incident because it’s Leeds"

"Nothing in it.fake story to deflect from derby drink culture created by fat frank lampard.keogh finished because of it."
    Mental picture of this novern monkey completing this distribe as he finishes inside his whippet!
  • Options
    Ironic what you said there Soapy. Whoops.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Ironic what you said there Soapy. Whoops.
    He can expect a knock on the the door from the RSPCA anytime now.
  • Options
    No idea how they prove it but Forestieri got done for the same thing (calling a player the n word) and got a 6 match ban and a 25k fine, even though he was acquitted of the same offence in court.
  • Options
    I bet the Leeds players were very careful with their language last night. All the WBA starters except for the goalkeeper were either black or mixed race.
  • Options
    There can be no accommodation or appeasement of racism or racially motivated abuse.  There is no doubt we in England are way ahead of just about all of our european neighbours in sensitivity on the subject.  Epithets and slang that are still common place on the continent passed into disrepute, here, long ago.
    After 8 months living and working here he should have learned enough to know that referring to someone's ethnicity in any negative connotation whatever is absolutely unacceptable, and will be dealt with severely.  We can fully expect Casilla and Leeds Utd to come up with some weasel words mitigation 'He misheard me, I'm from Tarragona, I didn't realise, he was rude to me, blah blah, excuses excuses' then I doubt the FA and EFL will display the cojones to punish the action rather than the muddied intention...  "... warned as to his future conduct..."  and all that BS

I'd love to be wrong about the outcome...

• Options
    There can be no accommodation or appeasement of racism or racially motivated abuse.  There is no doubt we in England are way ahead of just about all of our european neighbours in sensitivity on the subject.  Epithets and slang that are still common place on the continent passed into disrepute, here, long ago.
    After 8 months living and working here he should have learned enough to know that referring to someone's ethnicity in any negative connotation whatever is absolutely unacceptable, and will be dealt with severely.  We can fully expect Casilla and Leeds Utd to come up with some weasel words mitigation 'He misheard me, I'm from Tarragona, I didn't realise, he was rude to me, blah blah, excuses excuses' then I doubt the FA and EFL will display the cojones to punish the action rather than the muddied intention...  "... warned as to his future conduct..."  and all that BS

I'd love to be wrong about the outcome...

"Oh. Well, in that case, you let us know when you have learned what's acceptable and we'll let you know when you can turn up at a football ground again"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is it being heard.
  • Options
    When is it being heard.
    20th November.

44th anniversary of Franco's death.
  • Options
    Given the events in Bulgaria they will be even more focus on this now.
  • Options
    Haven't heard anything about it since it happened so hope this isn't brushed under the carpet.
  • Options
    They have taken it so seriously in that the game was about 3 weeks ago and still no news. Meanwhile he has played 2-3 games. It's Charlton, they don't give a shit about us. All they are interested in is dealing with Bowyer. 
  • Options
    If this was the other way round and Leeds had complained(or any other top club for that matter)they would have been all over it,but hey,its little old Charlton,and we dont give a toss,oh , and just for good measure ,lets charge their boss with something.
  • Options
    Read this in The Athletic earlier today:

Bielsa managed him through that mess but Casilla’s disciplinary fate is beyond his head coach’s control. The Football Association is yet to cite the Spaniard over claims that he racially abused Charlton’s Jonathan Leko but its investigation is live and charges are anticipated. Last month, the governing body interviewed Leko and another Charlton player — believed to be Macauley Bonne — who both maintain that Casilla aimed a racial slur at the on-loan West Bromwich Albion forward. The Athletic understands that FA officials have also spoken with Casilla, who denies the allegation vehemently.
  • Options

Bielsa managed him through that mess but Casilla’s disciplinary fate is beyond his head coach’s control. The Football Association is yet to cite the Spaniard over claims that he racially abused Charlton’s Jonathan Leko but its investigation is live and charges are anticipated. Last month, the governing body interviewed Leko and another Charlton player — believed to be Macauley Bonne — who both maintain that Casilla aimed a racial slur at the on-loan West Bromwich Albion forward. The Athletic understands that FA officials have also spoken with Casilla, who denies the allegation vehemently.
    Hopefully Bonne is seen as a credible witness and appropriate action is taken if he is found guilty, which I assume he is. Can't see Leko and Bonne just making it up.
  • Options

Hopefully Bonne is seen as a credible witness and appropriate action is taken if he is found guilty, which I assume he is. Can't see Leko and Bonne just making it up.
     I don't doubt Leko or Bonne at all but if it two Leeds players making an allegation against a Charlton player how many on here would accept them as unbiased witnesses?
    I would reckon I'm in the minority who would indeed accept them as credible - if not unbiased - witnesses, presuming they were consistent in their allegations/details.

Looking at how Bonne said after the game something along the lines of "the truth will out", I don't really doubt them. It's possible that there could have been a misunderstanding, of course, but I don't see why they'd lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    PaddyP17 said:

I don't doubt Leko or Bonne at all but if it two Leeds players making an allegation against a Charlton player how many on here would accept them as unbiased witnesses?
    I would reckon I'm in the minority who would indeed accept them as credible - if not unbiased - witnesses, presuming they were consistent in their allegations/details.

Looking at how Bonne said after the game something along the lines of "the truth will out", I don't really doubt them. It's possible that there could have been a misunderstanding, of course, but I don't see why they'd lie.
    I'd be very disappointed in even the allegation of racism from one of our players. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

It's innocent until proven guilty. However I'd be very disappointed in even the allegation of racism from one of our players. 
    I've never claimed anyone is guilty, if that's what you mean - I said I'd see them as credible tbf.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:

It's innocent until proven guilty. However I'd be very disappointed in even the allegation of racism from one of our players. 
    I've never claimed anyone is guilty, if that's what you mean - I said I'd see them as credible tbf.
    Removed that bit after re-reading your post. 
  • Options

I would as I think it highly unlikely that a couple of players would make up a story during a game and then make a complaint to the referee. It would not make sense as there is nothing to be gained. Something certainly seem to happen.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I would as I think it highly unlikely that a couple of players would make up a story during a game and then make a complaint to the referee. It would not make sense as there is nothing to be gained. Something certainly seem to happen.
    I agree and they reported it during the game, not as a defence for being sent off or similar.

But you only have to read the conspiracy theories on here every the FA or someone makes a decision that goes against us to realise how biased collectively we can be as fans. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    What's the racist term the goalkeeper is alleged to have used?
  • Options
    Not be revealed
  • Options
    Not be revealed
    Spanish for black?
  • Options
    Not be revealed
    Half the posters on here seem to have a source at Sparrows Lane. It's odd that nobody's leaked it.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Maybe they realise, and have also been told, how serious a matter it is so aren't, quite properly, discussing it.

Nothing odd.