Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Would rather not jump to conclusions on this until such time as the investigation reveals its findings. 

• Options
    That’s interesting because after our game last night I caught a programme on Sky with Geoff Shreeves, Phil Babb and Matt Murray and when talking about Leeds and the keepers loss of form one of them said they’d heard the case had been dropped as there was no case to answer. Seems they heard wrong.
  • Options
    First day of hearing today if above is correct
  • Options
    whats everyone's predictions then?

I reckon NFA after the charge is "unproven"  
  • Options
    Can't believe the hearing has come around so soon, will Leeds' lawyers have had enough time to prepare their case?!

I'm sure they will ask for a deferment to allow further time to prepare - in the interests of natural justice of course.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Would rather not jump to conclusions on this until such time as the investigation reveals its findings. 

Coincidentally, that is how much I've aged since I wrote that comment while waiting for this to be resolved.
  • Options
    It will be a whitewash,over quickly so as to not interfere to much with the main agenda of having a brandy and cigar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:
    The FA conducted their investigation with their own Spanish interpreter/translator. Leeds said they were wrong and employed their own who essentially says something different. Assuming Leko and Bonne saying the same thing as The FA translator, you’d expect it be be fairly straight forward. However, this is The FA and I can see them bottling it. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11927058/alfredo-morelos-apology-correction-and-full-transcript-of-sky-sports-news-interview

Hope they are better than the sky lot.

• Options
    The FA will probably fine Charlton for wrongful accusations  :)
  • Options
    How many points are we going to be docked?
    Don't joke - those arseholes at the FA have rogered little Charlton before for "spurious" claims
  • Options
    They'll do a Saracens on us and subtract 35 points.
  • Options
    Eerily quiet.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Eerily quiet.
    Second day of hearing today if report is correct.

Will need another few months to consider the findings 🤔

Sage's comment perhaps explains where it's dragging on.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    The FA conducted their investigation with their own Spanish interpreter/translator. Leeds said they were wrong and employed their own who essentially says something different. Assuming Leko and Bonne saying the same thing as The FA translator, you’d expect it be be fairly straight forward. However, this is The FA and I can see them bottling it. 
    Sounds a bit like Del Boy asking Rodney to recalculate their takings because it weren't enough the first time.
  • Options
    Do the Catalans have a rhyming slang then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Eerily quiet.
    Second day of hearing today if report is correct.

Will need another few months to consider the findings 🤔

Sage's comment perhaps explains where it's dragging on.
    Baffled if it's taking 2 days (after a delay of several months), when it's a pretty simple case involving ONE comment from the player

After all, all the recent instances of alleged racist comments from the crowd have been resolved far quicker
  • Options
    Been a similar case with Millwall's Harry Ransom and QPRs Lewis Walker last month. The outcome was not proven and I suspect this will be the same with Casilla.

• Options
    Anyone waiting for a positive result to come out of this...

"You are currently 256,675,472 in the queue."
  • Options
    I can see the a guilty verdict being announced at the start of June and the sentence, to start immediately, being a six-week ban. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    Has this been sorted yet?