Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    Just gonna put this out there... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37876911

Calvin Andrew got a bigger suspension for elbowing a player
    I would have thought it generally correct that an act of physical violence draws a bigger suspension. 
  • Options
    I agree with Leeds' fury about the decision happening less than 24-hours before a game

Especially when the inquiry happened at the start of the week
    Really? So we should just have “Racist Sunday’s” when the bans for players adjudged to have used racist language are issued to make sure the clubs of the guilty players have as long as possible to prepare for their absence? 

Give over, the FA can issue their verdict whichever day of the week works best, if you don’t want to be disrupted by a ban then don’t have racists in your team. 

The response from the Leeds fans on a Twitter has been appalling - people often say that Liverpool fans have a victim complex but I’ve never seen anything like this before. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just gonna put this out there... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37876911

Calvin Andrew got a bigger suspension for elbowing a player
    I would have thought it generally correct that an act of physical violence draws a bigger suspension. 
     Hmm 50/50 on this.
     Physical violence is of course poor, but can be understood at times. Racism is unacceptable and impossible to understand how anyone believes it to be acceptable.
  • Options
    why couldn't the FA release the evidence the same day as releasing the punishment? by not doing that they have give Leeds scum a chance to put doubt into it. by the time they do most journalist and the football world would of moved on from this. 

they took fucking ages to come to a verdict and when they reach it they fuck it up which then undermines their so called anti racism stance. 
  • Options
    Perhaps we could borrow leko back for the last game and he could, on the balance of probabilities, smash his forehead into that keeper's face 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    hate to post this on here but a spanner 'mate' of mine sent me this from their forum: 
    https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/kiko-casilla-8-match-ban-n-w.41116/

I know not the greatest representation of football fans but straight away they see balance of probabilities, evidence not released along with the words used at the time of the incident and the fact its taken 5 months to reach a verdict means they don't believe it.

all of which could be settled by the FA doing their job properly and Leeds to release a statement befitting a club that's apparently anti racist. (they banned a fan for life recently for racist remarks)

the whole affair has been handled appallingly. leaving so much room for doubt that they might as well not have bothered at all in the first place. 

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I'd give him another two game ban for spelling behaviour incorrectly
    Plus a couple more for the different fonts used.
    Yeah reminded me of a menu at a rubbish restaurant.
  • Options
    Never been anti Leeds before  I have laughed at them messing up promotion but that was just a bit of fun nothing anti Leeds

After reading comments from their fans about all this Leeds are turning into my 3rd most hated club behind Millwall and Palarse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    They're the Millwall of the north. Did anyone expect anything else from them?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I agree with Leeds' fury about the decision happening less than 24-hours before a game

Especially when the inquiry happened at the start of the week
    Really? So we should just have “Racist Sunday’s” when the bans for players adjudged to have used racist language are issued to make sure the clubs of the guilty players have as long as possible to prepare for their absence? 

Give over, the FA can issue their verdict whichever day of the week works best, if you don’t want to be disrupted by a ban then don’t have racists in your team. 

The response from the Leeds fans on a Twitter has been appalling - people often say that Liverpool fans have a victim complex but I’ve never seen anything like this before. 
    If you read through this whole thread you will see a “ victim complex” displayed by many Charlton fans anticipating that the verdict would go the other way with the complicity of the league.
  • Options
    hate to post this on here but a spanner 'mate' of mine sent me this from their forum: 
    https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/kiko-casilla-8-match-ban-n-w.41116/

I feel like i need a good wash after reading that crap.
  • Options
    I think a few opinions may be altered once the FA publish their evidence and verdict.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I think a few opinions may be altered once the FA publish their evidence and verdict.
    Let's hope so, but why on earth would they wait and not publish it straight away? It's just poor.
  • Options
    I thought there was some kind of video evidence of the most of the incident? Was this not used in the investigation or is that part of the reason for the delay?
    Im really confused by this case
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'd give him another two game ban for spelling behaviour incorrectly
    Plus a couple more for the different fonts used.
    That's just because the statement was put together by a committee keen to try and limit the damage. My suspicion is that publication of the actual wording will make this statement look even more obviously a desperate cover-up than it already does. 
  • Options
    What is he accused of saying?
    Am sure I read somewhere... Apparently we had a corner and Casilla said to his team mates to "mark the b***k bloke"

In Spanish that word is "n***o"

Hence the argument was he wasnt being intentionally racist yet was a cultural difference

If it is the case then I think it would be wise for clubs to educate all incoming players on what is acceptable and what isnt, we may then see an improvement

The argument to that is we shouldnt have to, but unfortunately we dont live in a world where we all hold hands and sing kum ba yah
    Was not at all what happened and Casilla knows it.
    Extremely disappointing response from Leeds but not entirely surprising. 
    I didnt want to ask you on Twitter Olly (as knew Leeds fans would jump on it) but saw your comments in response to the Leeds statement

Did pitchside cameras pick up the conversation? (I know the club use GoPro cameras all the time) or was it  from conversations with the players?
    Cameras caught the moment, but you can’t hear what’s said. The incident was not at the corner as most believe, but after the ball was cleared. There are no defenders involved, just Casilla and the two relevent Charlton players who heard it very clearly.
    I obviously won’t post exactly what was said, but the content and the context certainly don’t allow for any excuses relating to the Spanish language.
    The players involved heard very clearly what he said and, crucially, have absolutely no reason whatsoever to have made it all up.

Which surely leads to the question........how was he found guilty if you can't hear what was said?

Do the cameras clearly show him and he was found guilty by evidence from a professional lip reader?

Or has he been done purely off what Leko and Bonne reported?

Personally i feel the FA have made a complete balls up of the entire case. If you commit a dangerous challenge, abuse a ref, make a gesture to the crowd or anything you'd likely be done immediately and banned within 1-2 weeks of the incident. This case took about 5 months and then a decision reached within a few days...........and yet they haven't actually released what the evidence was, what he said etc. 

To top it off, he's ended up with a ban shorter than Sturridge got for tipping off his brother about a transfer! Should have at least been banned for the rest of the season, as now he'll be back just in time to help Leeds potentially win promotion and become a hero.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ..... and relegate us 
  • Options
    The points below are very relevant to what Leeds fans seem to be complaining about re burden of proof:

19) The standard to which the FA must prove the Charge – and thus each of those matters - is the balance of probabilities: FA Disciplinary Regulations: General Provisions - Regulation 8).

20) We heard submissions as to the approach that we should adopt (as a number of previous Regulatory Commissions have adopted) when considering whether the FA had proved the Charge to that requisite standard:

a) First, that the civil burden of ‘balance of probabilities’ should be applied ‘flexibly’, such that the more serious the allegation and/or the more serious the consequences if the allegation is proved, the stronger (or more cogent) must be the evidence before the tribunal should find the allegation proved on the balance of probabilities: see R(N) v Mental Health Review Tribunal (Northern Regions) & Others [2005] EWCA Civ 1605 @ paras 62-64 per Richards LJ

b) Secondly, that the more serious the allegation, the less likely it is that it occurred i.e. the inherent improbability of an event should be taken into account when weighing the probabilities and deciding whether on balance an event occurred: see In Re H and Others (Minors) [1996] AC 563 @ 586 per Lord Nicholls:

i) That dictum has been clarified in subsequent authorities 11

ii) Contrary to what was suggested for a period after In Re H, Lord Nicholls was not saying that a ‘heightened standard of proof’ was applicable where allegations were serious. In Re H simply establishes that, if an event is inherently improbable, it will take better evidence to persuade a tribunal that it had happened than would be required if an event was a commonplace one: see for example Re B (Children) [2009] 1 AC 11 @ paras 13-15 per Lord Hoffman; Re S-B [2009] UKSC 17 per Lady Hale

iii) A tribunal must take care when working out what in a particular case is inherently probable or improbable: see for example JSC BM Bank v Kekhman [2018] EWHC 79 per Bryan J

(1) ‘when considering what is or is not probable it is necessary to have regard to the facts of the particular case’,4 since those facts may well modify what otherwise would have been an ‘inherent probability’ or ‘inherent improbability’ [paragraph 57]
                    (2) ‘it is generally correct that, absent other information, 5 the more serious the wrongdoing, the less likely it is that it was carried out, because most people are not serious wrongdoers’ (emphasis added by us) [paragraph 50(3)].

21) In light of the above, we confirm that our assessment of the evidence presented to us proceeded on the basis

a) That the standard of proof that we were to apply was the balance of probabilities, but

b) That given the gravity of the allegation and Charge (which we accept are of a serious nature, with potentially serious consequences for KC, his reputation and his career) we were obliged to ask ourselves

i) Whether there was an inherent improbability that KC would have used the words attributed to him

ii) If so, whether there was any relevant contextual information or material which might cause us to modify our view as to what was/was not inherently probable or improbable in this case, and in any event 

iii) Whether the evidence was sufficiently cogent and compelling for us to find the Charge proved in light of the guidance in cases such as R(N) v Mental Health Review Tribunal (Northern Regions) & Others. 

----------------------------------------

So assuming they read into the report, the "balance of probability" thing Leeds fans are complaining about should be put to bed by this.

I believe that the list of character and witness statements meant this independent panel acted accordingly with section 21, wherein they acknowledge it's serious, acknowledge that contextual info is acceptable, and whether everything - all told - meets an acceptable standard of proof.
  • Options
    Lucky to get just an 8 game ban really, that's as blatant as you can get.

Wonder if Leeds and Bielsa feel a bit stupid for their statements backing him now?
  • Options
    This publishment moreso shows the FA in poor light. The evidence provided from Leeds players current and old, alude that KC did make a racist comment and even KC agreed he did although albeit, KC didn't fully understand what he was saying.

Makes a mockery of the whole system. Especially after the issues encountered in Bulgaria of which I witnessed first hand. The FA have different priorities it appears. 
  • Options
    I haven't waded through the whole thing yet, but it's interesting that Eddie Nketiah is listed as a witness for the FA. I wonder if that still would have been the case if he'd still been on loan at Leeds.
  • Options
    Wow that's why we all hate Leeds scum 
    filth
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The Corner was then taken in the 72nd minute of the match, and KC punched the ball clear. It is alleged by the FA that immediately thereafter KC audibly directed at JL the words ‘you fucking n***er’. In these Written Reasons we refer to that alleged use of those words as ‘the Incident’. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just read the whole thing, 62 pages is alot lol.

Cant see how Leeds and their fans can protect him now

Also how did he only get 8 games?