Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    I'm currently wading through it and will link to myTwitter thread shortly. It's really REALLY long though, but the report is so much longer.
  • Options
    This is nowhere near as long as the report but a useful/detailed summary:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I haven't waded through the whole thing yet, but it's interesting that Eddie Nketiah is listed as a witness for the FA. I wonder if that still would have been the case if he'd still been on loan at Leeds.
    I wonder if that is the reason his loan was terminated early. Either he didn’t like playing and training with a racist or Leeds were unhappy he was a witness for the prosecution.
  • Options

Kiko Casilla: Leeds United goalkeeper says he was 'unaware' racist term existed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51724664
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    aliwibble said:
    I haven't waded through the whole thing yet, but it's interesting that Eddie Nketiah is listed as a witness for the FA. I wonder if that still would have been the case if he'd still been on loan at Leeds.
    I wonder if that is the reason his loan was terminated early. Either he didn’t like playing and training with a racist or Leeds were unhappy he was a witness for the prosecution.
    EN = Eddie Nketiah  KC = Casillas page 49

We reminded ourselves that in his witness statement EN had confirmed that he had heard KC say something after the Corner. He stated ‘all I heard was fucking’; he said that he could not hear whether anything else had been said by KC. Although EN also gave oral evidence before us, we were not assisted by that oral evidence.

The best that we could take from their evidence was thus that, whatever KC had said, it had not been heard by any of his own players. Page 50.
  • Options
    Was Wayne Hennessy part of his defense team? His team mate said he was asking a player, who had his name on his back, what his name was...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have we appealed the 8 match ban yet?
  • Options
    Can’t really fault the FA, IMO. And the sensible reaction of a number of Leeds fans to our club statement shows they’re not all wankers. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Can’t really fault the FA, IMO. And the sensible reaction of a number of Leeds fans to our club statement shows they’re not all wankers. 
    I think we can fault them for taking FIVE months to get to this conclusion and also for not publishing at least an abbreviated summary of findings simultaneously. In the meantime both Leko and Bonne have received more abuse from some Leeds "fans". FA have aggravated that situation by not tackling the issue quickly.
    Fair points. It was certainly too slow. But I do appreciate the detail and clarity of the FA findings. Thorough, painstaking and (ultimately) an understandable conclusion. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I think we can fault them for taking FIVE months to get to this conclusion and also for not publishing at least an abbreviated summary of findings simultaneously. In the meantime both Leko and Bonne have received more abuse from some Leeds "fans". FA have aggravated that situation by not tackling the issue quickly.
    The numbskull Leeds fans who have abused them on Twitter would have done so had it taken the FA 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, 5 months or 5 years to have come to it's conculsion 
  • Options
    “Shall pay the costs incurred by the Regulatory Commission in full in an amount to be notified to him by the FA“
    that could  be a fair whack 
  • Options
    Glad he is back for the game against us and I hope he plays.

Will give us a chance to let him know what we think of racist scum.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Glad he is back for the game against us and I hope he plays.

Will give us a chance to let him know what we think of racist scum.
    not just him. the whole club should be ashamed. it baffles me that they put out that statement after the ruling. surely they would of seen/heard the evidence? 
  • Options
    clive said:

Kiko Casilla: Leeds United goalkeeper says he was 'unaware' racist term existed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51724664
    I am shocked the BBC have printed the actual words he used, I though they may have gone for something like F*****g N****r, still I prefer it that way so good on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bang to rights.

If I get in trouble with the law I want Macauley Bonne to provide evidence on my behalf, looks like he was a very credible witness in this case.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Yeah when I saw that at the start I thought it was going to be the smoking gun! It wasn’t really, he basically said he’d heard something but it was pretty nondescript. 
  • Options
    Never got the hatred for Leeds before. After reading the statement from the Leeds board, I now get it. Scummy.
  • Options
    You’d think that Leeds might provide a further statement after the documents release even just to attempt to defuse the online abuse nonsense...
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    So two goalkeepers have pleaded ignorance of fascist/racist behaviour and have been encouraged by their counsel to use this as their defence.

Why can't they just admit their guilt, apologise, accept their punishment be re-educated and volunteer to support BAME charities?
    Because admitting it would probably be worse for their reputation than denying it and hoping your get away with it?
  • Options
    Leeds still havent put anything on their twitter I see, nothing about The FA releasing the document, they clearly know it goes against their initial statement and makes them look like twats