Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    Leeds fans going mad, saying their is no proof and its a conspiracy against them 
    To be fair I agree with them

Whats to stop a Huddersfield player from claiming that Pearce has racially abused him and gets a team mate to back him up?

Of course you'd hope and suspect that there is honesty at play, especially in this case

But unless there has been other proof (and I truly hope there has) then it was impossible for the FA to make the right decision either way

Which is why I suspect the punishment was so weak
  • Options
    That eight match ban could bite us on the bum as it includes Hull, Huddersfield, Luton and Stoke. It could literally add injury to insult.  
  • Options
    I agree with Leeds' fury about the decision happening less than 24-hours before a game

Especially when the inquiry happened at the start of the week
  • Options
    Interesting that Phil Hay has said Kiko Casilla can appeal but his understanding is that he wont be appealing.

If you are innocent why not appeal and clear your name
    Agreed - you'd want to clear your name.
  • Options
    What is he accused of saying?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Am sure I read somewhere... Apparently we had a corner and Casilla said to his team mates to "mark the b***k bloke"

In Spanish that word is "n***o"

Hence the argument was he wasnt being intentionally racist yet was a cultural difference

If it is the case then I think it would be wise for clubs to educate all incoming players on what is acceptable and what isnt, we may then see an improvement

The argument to that is we shouldnt have to, but unfortunately we dont live in a world where we all hold hands and sing kum ba yah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good, the prick deserves to be banned from every football ground in England and Wales.
  • Options
    Am sure I read somewhere... Apparently we had a corner and Casilla said to his team mates to "mark the b***k bloke"

Hence the argument was he wasnt being intentionally racist yet was a cultural difference

If it is the case then I think it would be wise for clubs to educate all incoming players on what is acceptable and what isnt, we may then see an improvement

The argument to that is we shouldnt have to, but unfortunately we dont live in a world where we all hold hands and sing kum ba yah
    Was not at all what happened and Casilla knows it.
    Extremely disappointing response from Leeds but not entirely surprising. 
    Any chance the club will now be replying to my email sent over 2 months ago.
    And when will be appealing the decision stating we ban fans for life for racist outbursts.
    Again kick racism out when it suits us.
  • Options

Was not at all what happened and Casilla knows it.
    Extremely disappointing response from Leeds but not entirely surprising. 
    I didnt want to ask you on Twitter Olly (as knew Leeds fans would jump on it) but saw your comments in response to the Leeds statement

Did pitchside cameras pick up the conversation? (I know the club use GoPro cameras all the time) or was it  from conversations with the players?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The FA will publish the full transcript next week and will include exactly what was said.

Will be interesting the hear Casilla's Catalonian excuse. Damning that they're not appealing. Will Leeds now sack him as they surely should?
  • Options

Problem is he allegedly still used English for every word but negro.

He knew exactly what he was doing.
  • Options
    If you're innocent and want to clear your name then you'll appeal. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Problem is he allegedly still used English for every word but n***o.

He knew exactly what he was doing.
    Probably safer if you * out that word like @ForeverAddickted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 matches - wonder what ban a fan would get for yelling the same thing from the crowd.

Likely a lot more than 8 matches and quite possibly a visit the old bill.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    The FA will publish the full transcript next week and will include exactly what was said.
    I obviously won’t post exactly what was said
    I bet you do if the FA do !!

It's all been sorted , what difference will you saying it now make when the FA will say it next week ??
  • Options
    Stig said:
    That eight match ban could bite us on the bum as it includes Hull, Huddersfield, Luton and Stoke. It could literally add injury to insult.  
    Yes, a situation where Leko's parent club West Brom are probably the big winners out of this...
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Yes, a situation where Leko's parent club West Brom are probably the big winners out of this...
    Casilla is going to be a loss for them no doubt about it.

However, Meslier is a very good young keeper who has an exceptional distribution. The other part is that they are going to have the ball for the vast majority of the time, it’s up to the outfield players to ensure the opposition don’t get close enough to their goal to hurt them.
  • Options
    I see Casilla released a statement 

I think the key part in that is when he said I would never use my words with a racist meaning, so it sounds like he is admitting he said what is being said he said, just that he didn't mean it as it came out.

Poor excuse if u ask me
  • Options
    I'd give him another two game ban for spelling behaviour incorrectly