Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds to face racism probe

Comments

• Options
    Kick It Out saying they approached Charlton twice but heard nothing back.
    Where did you read that?  On their Twitter feed  there is not a word on the entire case.

Both the club and Matt Southall have managed to put out effective, measured tweets

but not this lot, for whom this case is, to ought to be, central to their remit.

But they apparently think it's all down to us fans to kick racism out of football.
    @PragueAddick

Firstly, he doesn't say it's ALL down to us fans at all.

Secondly, he is quite right to call on fans to be “activists not bystanders” 

I have some issues with KIO as an organisation but what they are saying here is, IMHO, correct and their aims are worthy and correct.
  • Options
    Where did you read that?  On their Twitter feed  there is not a word on the entire case.

Both the club and Matt Southall have managed to put out effective, measured tweets

but not this lot, for whom this case is, to ought to be, central to their remit.

But they apparently think it's all down to us fans to kick racism out of football.
    @PragueAddick

Firstly, he doesn't say it's ALL down to us fans at all.

Secondly, he is quite right to call on fans to be “activists not bystanders” 

I have some issues with KIO as an organisation but what they are saying here is, IMHO, correct and their aims are worthy and correct.
    I agree that their aims are worthy and correct. And I know from talking to Ben Tegg many years ago that they did some very good work, including with our club. That is why I was very surprised to read Jonathon's words, and naturally went looking for background. I discovered absolute silence in terms of of his case, and a background story from last year of internal issues in the organisation, which seems unfortunately to be something of a theme in high profile UK based charities and NGOs at this time. The article I quote seems therefore to be highly unfortunate, dating as it does from around the time of this incident, which was widely covered in the media and therefore unmissable by an organisation with its remit.

They need to up their own game. 
  • Options

This tweet mentions it. Not sure if true.

https://twitter.com/mirrordarren/status/1235297649395408897?s=21 

• Options
    Troy Townsend [Kick it out] now on TalkSport discussing the incident.
  • Options
    Townsend seemed to blame Charlton/WBA for not passing on messages when he or his organisation tried to contact Leko.
    TalkSport are now trying to get a response from CAFC.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Townsend seemed to blame Charlton/WBA for not passing on messages when he or his organisation tried to contact Leko.
    He certainly is, and mainly Charlton. Well, let's see what the club says. I wonder which two CAFC officials they contacted. I suppose Chris Parkes would be one. Hard to imagine him not passing such a message on, especially when Macauley Bonne has been ready to step up to the plate for Jonathon  in a big way, which is hugely to his credit.
  • Options
    For those that missed Troy Townsend on TalkSport, https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1583402400/1583406000/ starts from 05.40.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    So is Townsend concentrating more on Leko's statement rather than the incident itself?
  • Options

A journalist named Martin Ziegler tweeted it. He is chief reporter for The Times
  • Options
    Leeds still havent put anything on their twitter I see, nothing about The FA releasing the document, they clearly know it goes against their initial statement and makes them look like twats
    The truly ridiculous thing here is that Leeds were obviously present throughout the hearing, knew what Casilla was accused of saying and knew what he was being banned for..............yet still put out that initial statement. 
    Hardly surprising when you read the comments in the report about the team manager effectively blocking the enquiry. 

Also implied that Casilla’a defence and the squad statements were orchestrated by their Comms - shame that wasn’t really in the remit of the panel as they couldn’t do more than imply it for fear of legal action. In any other industry, not only would Casilla be sacked after a verdict like that, but so would the Team Manager and Head of Comms. 

Disgrace all round
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    What a lovely surprise to find these beautiful thank you flowers from Jonathan Leko on my desk this morning. I’m so proud of him for his bravery during a very difficult 22 weeks 🙌💪 #cafc https://t.co/gdDhiRpzUB

This tweet from @Tracey answers any questions over whether Leko felt supported by Charlton staff.
    I don’t think there was ever any doubt that Tracey would’ve been looking out for him.
    She’s fast turning into as much of a Charlton icon as her old fella.
    She’d probably get a better goals per game ratio too
    Fumbluff said:
    What a lovely surprise to find these beautiful thank you flowers from Jonathan Leko on my desk this morning. I’m so proud of him for his bravery during a very difficult 22 weeks 🙌💪 #cafc https://t.co/gdDhiRpzUB

This tweet from @Tracey answers any questions over whether Leko felt supported by Charlton staff.
    I don’t think there was ever any doubt that Tracey would’ve been looking out for him.
    She’s fast turning into as much of a Charlton icon as her old fella.
    She’d probably get a better goals per game ratio too
    😂😭😭😭🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    This shows how little the FA care about such appalling actions. 

1.  If I had, during the course of my working day, gone up to a black colleague and said “you f***ing n*****” and the resulting disciplinary hearings found the same balance of probabilities went against me I’d have been dismissed for gross misconduct. 

2. I seriously doubt it would have taken anywhere near as long as 22 weeks for the hearings to be completed and the findings determined. 

3. I would have been suspended whilst the investigations and hearings were in progress.  

Why on Earth is football any different?

But then again, if, during your working day, you deliberately kicked, tripped, pushed, lied to and about your colleagues, you would almost certainly be sacked. Part of most footballers working days.
  • Options
    How is this ‘alleged’ incident (no complaint from player who was ‘bitten’ or his club) a 6 game ban and Casilla only 8. It must be tackled with harsher penalties in order to change attitudes. 
  • Options
    So is this shithouse still suspended or will the efl cite extenuating circumstances and let him play?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Good to see leeds with the blacks lives mater t shirts
    For them is it black lives matter apart from Johnathan Lekos?
    #kickracismoutwhenitsuits
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bielsa refused to say who would be in goal tomorrow but has apparently said he will speak to the players before making a decision 

• Options
    Leeds fans not happy on twitter saying he shouldn't be involved 
  • Options
    Be bloody brilliant if Casilla came back into the team and for Leeds to lose their last three games with Brentford taking their place in the top two
  • Options
    At least the club and the fans are aware of the issues.

At least it’s should mean that our team will not be put in a difficult situation when they play us.
  • Options
    In fairness reading the replies, there doesn't seem to be a single Leeds fan who wants him to come back in. Many are saying he should never play for Leeds again.