Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is Bowyer's secret?

Comments

• Options
    Meanwhile, at Millwall...
    http://bufcsydney.com/club-history

8-1. 8 bloody 1
  • Options
    Rice crispies and gin.
  • Options

• Options
    Timotei 
  • Options
    He just wants to make the Addicks bigger.

Image result for image of lee bowyer
  • Options
    He likes to dress as a woman on Thursday afternoons and answers only to the name of Susan? 
    Wouldya?
  • Options
    There's more than a touch of Lord Llewellyn of Wembley about Lord Bowyer.

The character of a player is as important as their skill on the pitch; he's got "Charlton" players and also "Charlton" people in his suppport staff, butler Jackson and gamekeeper Gallen being prime examples.

Curbs was a legend, Saint Christopher was a legend ... Lord Bowyer can top both of them if he stays long enough.

Lord Bowyer can be the greatest ever manager in the history of our football club.
  • Options
    Ground up rhino horn but don’t tell anyone I told ya...
  • Options
    I'm sure he said in his interview about setting 'traps' for Derby. I've never heard that term before.
    (or did I miss-hear).
    Whatever it is, he seems to have something that not many managers/coaches do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    The likes of Morts with the kids   
    Have I missed something , is our most gifted player back amongst it ? 
    Or do you mean Euell ? 
  • Options
    The likes of Morts with the kids   
    Have I missed something , is our most gifted player back amongst it ? 
    Or do you mean Euell ? 
    Sorry, meant Euell.  
  • Options
    Sod all the above. It's because he's realised that wingers are redundant ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just being a winger is redundant under Bowyer.
    Taylor, Grant and now Bonne are coached to play as a striker and a wide Man. 
    The inter play between Karlan and Lyle was excellent as one went wide as the other went central.
    In the first half before William's injury, Jonny set up Mac for his goal and then Bonne set up Williams who was a big toe away from scoring.
    I'm not sure if Hemed can do those runs ?

Bowyer's secret ? Hush your mouths.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sod all the above. It's because he's realised that whingers are redundant ;)
    Everyone's happy in the camp now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Like I said he prefers players he can rely on :smile: Not many wingers are consistent, hard working and have an end product.
  • Options
    What a fantastic, insightful post from Sage ! 

I was considering sharing my thoughts on our Main Man but his contribution said it all...and more. 

Perfection IMO.....

....just like the gaffer. 
  • Options
    He just wants to make the Addicks bigger.

Image result for image of lee bowyer
    Is that a new signing?
  • Options
    Don’t carp on about it
  • Options
    He always mentions the fans. Every interview. Nothing but praise and willing us to carry on supporting, believing. As a result, we are making more noise than ever both home and away and the team respond. 
    It’s no big secret, it’s all down to us. Give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it. 
  • Options
    Can’t see why his contract hasn’t been sorted.if Roland gave him a long term contract he will get compensation when the big clubs come calling if he doesn’t sell the club. Which he most likely won’t.
    cant believe Roland’s not thinking of risking a few of his many millions in January. Worth a gamble I think. 

• Options
    Just sat through his first interview again when he was appointed.  Striking how he is saying the same things today as he said then.  He just oozes self assurance without arrogance or showing any excess of ego.  In a war he's the sort of guy you would want next to you in the trenches and I reckon that rubs off onto the players.
  • Options
    It's the fishing.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Many great points on here for what has made Bow so successful, and I think it's a combination of them all.

What Lee has done so well is recognise the talented staff he has and what each person brings to the table in terms of expertise and has moulded it together perfectly. He has recognised that Shaw does extensive work on the opposition and listens to his advice. He has done the same with Gallen and his knowledge and skill set on various players, transfer targets and knows because he is a football man himself, he can trust Gallen to go and do what is needed without even asking. He realises he doesn't know as much about defending and goalkeeping, so he acknowledges the skill set that Marshall has, that Basey has, and that Jackson has. He knows that with Jackson and Basey being in the game more recently than himself, they're able to relate to the players in a different way to what he does. What Lee does so well is get the most out of the people around him, allows them to use their strengths and trusts them. On top of this, he has his own qualities that compliment the others so well. He is adaptable and can be harsh when he needs to because he demands the players to give everything, which they do, because he is also a great man manager as he installs confidence and belief in his players. Take Williams and Bonne for example, both players joined us with low confidence and belief in themselves for different reasons, Lee knew this but it didn't matter, because he believes in them and with hard work, that belief transfers and they become better players as well as better people.

With his demands, you can have players who don't fit in and that happens in football, but Bow looks deeper than their natural footballing ability. They have to buy into the direction we are going, they have to be good people, they have to fit into the unique dynamic group that he has allowed to be created. Players trust him and want to work hard for him, the club, their team mates, and themselves, all because of the trust, knowledge and belief he puts into them.

Bow is meticulous. He spends hours and hours watching games, videos, clips, time with the coaching staff, time with Shaw, all to gather the necessary information he can in order to formulate a plan to win the next game. Everything is always the next game. Even in the blocks of nine, even in 3 games in 7 days, everything is always, 'How can we go about our business to win the next game'.

He is a winner, and has surrounded himself with winners. In the coaching staff its the same, Gallen is the same, Pratley, Pearce, Lockyer, Phillips, Solly, Cullen, Taylor, the list goes on. They're all leaders and winners in their own right. He recognises this and utilises that cohesion, that dynamic in a way that only the very good managers can. With this, he is able to bring through the young players, whether it's our own like Lapslie, or on loan like Gallagher, he will spend time with them developing them himself, but he also knows he has a group of players in the dressing room who is just as able to mentor and improve them too.

Bow knows the importance of having the fans on side, and he knows the only way to do that is to ensure the players go out every game and leave everything out on the pitch. We as supporters like that, if the quality isn't quite there, that's fine because knowing our team couldn't have given us or Bow any more then that's all we ask for. But on top, this team can play, we get results and he knows that for us to be behind the team like we are, it's a two way thing, we give them just as much as they do us, just in different ways. He has managed to put the differences and difficulties in the past to the side, he isn't interested in that, and why should he be. Lee has a job to do and that's to be successful in every way he can. He can't control what goes on elsewhere, so why worry about it, it is what it is.

One final thing is that he has a team which resembles him as a person, and as a player, and when you have that, you're doing something very well. Bow is surprisingly calm with people, but he works harder than most, he knows what he is doing well, what works well, and what needs to improve. Because things can always improve. The exciting thing is that he is only still so new into this management, but he has done so much already and only going to get better with every experience he has. He needs rewarding and offered a long term deal, that really is the least he deserves.
    This...👏👏👏