Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another 3 games moved for Sky Coverage

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Yes, the 13th is one of the biggest drinking work party nights of the year so a lot will miss it.  It will still will be a good atmosphere I should think, specially as some will be turning up from all day lunches! 

I've booked up my last few days of annual leave starting on the 13th. Lunchtime start!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Bugger. Coming home from Edinburgh and booked a hotel for Derby game that is non refundable. Not impressed.
    Maybe contact the Hotel
  • Options
    What is it with Sky suddenly wanting to show us all the time.

3 in November
    2 in December
    1 in January
    my fault. i wanted to watch the Fulham game, so i told them i was a charlton fan and they said why not get a months pass so i could watch the Bristol game tonight. so i forked out 20 quid. so, akin to scott parker, the greedy bastards are angling for more of my cash over the coming months.
  • Options
    agim said:
    What games are in November? Preston, Cardiff and who else?
    Wednesday 
  • Options
    At least if you're a Sky 6 or Leeds supporter you know what to expect. At this rate Arsenal will have more 3pm Saturday kick offs this season that Little Ol' Charlton
  • Options
    Already booked train tickets from Manchester for the Hull game. Another £30 down the drain!
  • Options
    My guess is we have positive viewing figures.
  • Options
    Damn, got our work Xmas do on the 13th 😔
    Same as me
  • Options
    Royally pissed off. Work away from home so no chance of getting to the Hull game now. I get a season ticket based on 3pm KO on Saturdays but they keep getting moved!
    Capped off by having booked 2 nights away in The Mumbles for new year so we could do Swansea but now cant go because we have to go home on new years day as planned so can't go on the 2nd.
  • Options

I'd have thought the Swansea game would have been better for those wanting to go there - not now having to go on New Years Day & so better for public transport & for anyone wanting to go out NYE.

There are always winners & losers with this. Its nothing new, Sky have been moving fixtures for 25 years !!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm very fortunate not to have booked anything for Swansea yet, but this does rather piss me off given I'll now have to use two days of annual leave on the first two working days of the year.
  • Options
    Jim White has arranged this for his mate Roland to save him 5euros on streaming on iFollow.
  • Options

I'd have thought the Swansea game would have been better for those wanting to go there - not now having to go on New Years Day & so better for public transport & for anyone wanting to go out NYE.

There are always winners & losers with this. Its nothing new, Sky have been moving fixtures for 25 years !!!

Just because it's well-established doesn't mean we should have to like it or accept it though.

As for me, it's another night I'll have to take up the hospitality of my friends (generous though it is) which is a bit awkward, especially as we were planning NYE together and all that sort of thing. But there we have it.
  • Options
    I blame the lovely Scott Minto.
  • Options
    Swansea has royally ballsed up my NYE plans
  • Options
    With the Swansea game being moved to the Thursday I would now assume our 3rd Round FA Cup game won't go ahead until the Sunday at the earliest
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    See my post above JohnnyH2's.
    Recommend people don't book trains & non refundable hotels, before Sky announce their fixtures (ignore WBA map). 
  • Options

Yes golfie ive just booked the 11pm train from swansea to london gets in at 1.35am.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    With the Swansea game being moved to the Thursday I would now assume our 3rd Round FA Cup game won't go ahead until the Sunday at the earliest
    Probably so they can show it on the telly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7:45 kickoffs mean 1:45am kick offs where I’ll be, think I’ll be too many beers deep by then.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Yes golfie ive just booked the 11pm train from swansea to london gets in at 1.35am.
    What train is that? Can’t see that on national rail.
  • Options
    addicktom said:
    Royally pissed off. Work away from home so no chance of getting to the Hull game now. I get a season ticket based on 3pm KO on Saturdays but they keep getting moved!
    Capped off by having booked 2 nights away in The Mumbles for new year so we could do Swansea but now cant go because we have to go home on new years day as planned so can't go on the 2nd.

Get used to it mate.

Next season in the premier league we'll have lots of Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon and Monday evening games.  Then the season after that we'll have most games on a Sunday as we progress to the latter stages of the Europa League (meaning we play most Thursday evenings).

• Options
    clb74 said:

Im taking the piss mate
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Haven't our early round games been on a Sunday for the past few seasons anyway?

• Options
    See my post above JohnnyH2's.
    Recommend people don't book trains & non refundable hotels, before Sky announce their fixtures (ignore WBA map). 

And then we get ripped off by train companies who increase prices soon after release.
  • Options

3 in November
    2 in December
    1 in January
    my fault. i wanted to watch the Fulham game, so i told them i was a charlton fan and they said why not get a months pass so i could watch the Bristol game tonight. so i forked out 20 quid. so, akin to scott parker, the greedy bastards are angling for more of my cash over the coming months.
    Cant watch tonights game via a pass can you
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Im taking the piss mate
    A bit like Golfie.
  • Options
    Damn, got our work Xmas do on the 13th 😔
    An extremely boozey Xmas office party on Friday the 13th ?....what could possibly go wrong with that ?....the football being moved to the same night may have done you a favour 
  • Options

3 in November
    2 in December
    1 in January
    Cant watch tonights game via a pass can you
    i bloody hope i can, otherwise some unsuspecting person at Sky's customer service department is gonna get a right ear full.
    if you mean Now TV passes then maybe your right, not sure, if so that's a bit out of order. I've already got sky so its just an upgrade. you cancel the month subscription the day after booking it.