Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic | Wednesday 23 October | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing what Kayal can bring to the table.

JFC as left back will be interesting. What is Bristol Cities RM like?
    They played their last game with wing backs. Jack Hunt was the right wing back that day. He’s not in the line up tonight though.
    Jack Hunt got injured at Luton at the weekend, so probably why he's not in their lineup tonight.
  • Options
    You can pay on the gate can't you?

😁
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/bristol-city-v-charlton-athletic-team-news-four-changes-as-beram-kayal-earns-first-addicks-start/

BY LOUIS MENDEZ

Beram Kayal makes his first Charlton start as Lee Bowyer names four changes for tonight’s trip to Bristol City.

Midfielder Jonny Williams hasn’t travelled after being withdrawn midway through the first-half of Saturday’s win over Derby County – but his absence means Israeli international Kayal can start for the first time since his summer move from Brighton.

Jason Pearce returns to the heart of defence in place of Naby Sarr, with Deji Oshilaja set to replace Chris Solly at right-back. Bowyer is understood to have opted for a flat back-four, which means Jake Forster-Caskey will operate as left-back.

West Brom loanee Sam Field, who will be ineligible to face his parent club at The Hawthorns on Saturday, will start in the midfield with Darren Pratley dropping to the bench.

Chuks Aneke is fit enough to take his place on the substitutes bench, where there is also a first place for youngster Josh Davison. The 20-year-old signed from Enfield Town last week on a deal that will last until the end of the season and is primarily expected to play with Jason Euell’s u23 side.

Charlton: Phillips, Oshilaja, Lockyer, Pearce, Forster-Caskey, Field, Kayal, Cullen, Gallagher, Leko, Bonne. 

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Aneke, Pratley, Solly, Sarr, Oztumer, Davison.

• Options
    Hemed offers us so little from what I've seen
    Pagey's soul mate. ;)
  • Options
    It won’t be good if we lose any more through injury.
  • Options
    It won’t be good if we lose any more through injury.
    No... Already I was two players short when I wrote the draft Preview for Saturdays game

Ironically put Dempsey and Davison on the bench for West Brom so quite proud of myself for being right about the latter being involved already
  • Options
    Sounds like the Bristol fans are happy that Eliasson gets the start on the right wing with Pereira just behind him. JFC might need some support from the midfield tonight dealing with those two down the wing...
  • Options
    Poor naby
    Must be wondering who's hes upset??
  • Options
    Very worried about playing four at the back with JFC at LB. He gets away with LWB where he can get forward more and play more of his natural game while Naby can offer him defensive support on the left side. On his own at the back I can see problems. Hopefully he'll manage a good performance
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Pratley and Sarr, two of our best three players on Saturday are on the bench. I think Bowyer is matching up to them- they seem to be playing four at the back too when they don't normally. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pratley and Sarr, two of our best three players on Saturday are on the bench. I think Bowyer is matching up to them- they seem to be playing four at the back too when they don't normally.
    Pratley on the bench is a no brainer though.. Field wont play against West Brom so why exhaust the former
  • Options
    Is this on sky red button? 
  • Options
    Paid to watch on valley pass, being a bit slow at the moment so fingers crossed it works!
  • Options
    Have we got West Brom next? If so Field won't be able to play, so resting Pratley I assume. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Yes it is
  • Options
    Paid to watch on valley pass, being a bit slow at the moment so fingers crossed it works!
    Its not broadcasting at the moment?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Hemed proving to be an utter waste of space. 
    I just don’t get these comments. He’s not set the world alight as yet, but neither has he been fully fit. Can’t we give players a chance? He’s potentially a vital squad player later on in the season.
    Agree but so far that whole transfer saga is now looking a bit of a damp squib. 
  • Options
    My BHA supporting mate says that they were sorry to see him go and would have liked to keep onto him....said that he could be fantastic at this level.  Hope he gets the chance to prove it!

Let's not write him off yet....
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Yes all midweek Championship games are. 
  • Options
    Its not broadcasting at the moment?
    I meant that using Opera (suggestion above) was being slow, not sure if because of the VPN
  • Options
    My BHA supporting mate says that they were sorry to see him go and would have liked to keep onto him....said that he could be fantastic at this level.  Hope he gets the chance to prove it!

Similar to what my BHA friend said, must be something untapped as yet in there
  • Options
    Got ValleyPass up and running, sound a bit crackly
  • Options

Similar to what my BHA friend said, must be something untapped as yet in there
    This season's Darren Pratley? Here's hoping.
  • Options
    Got ValleyPass up and running, sound a bit crackly
    Mine just has the blue loading snake :(
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I just don’t get these comments. He’s not set the world alight as yet, but neither has he been fully fit. Can’t we give players a chance? He’s potentially a vital squad player later on in the season.
    I think you need to look at his moniker before you comment on his posts. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I think you need to look at his moniker before you comment on his posts. 
    What’s wrong with my moniker?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!