Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is 'promote'?

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Given what my solitary promote is for, I suspect the mods sometimes suffer from a case of "fat finger syndrome" though :-)  (Either that or it was a case of not being able to see straight after too much time in the pub after the 2nd leg of the play-off semi)
    Bang goes that career as a concert pianist.
  • Options
    Proud to have three. Mainly down to my old movie reviews and my Christmas movie recommendations. I hope to make it four in December 😛
    Do you remember when I gave you a joke flag and you got the hump

:D 
    No . I was probably having a bad day 😂
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Whatever they're for and however they're decided, there's one certainty.  That is that @Jessie should have one for the contribution to this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/87148/thurrock-people-trafficking-incident/p2 

I wonder if @i_b_b_o_r_g would be kind enough to look into it. 
    Thank you  :)
  • Options
    I see I have two. 

Just looked them up to see what erudite musing I had posted that was worthy of a promote and they were both jokey comments. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    aliwibble said:
    Given what my solitary promote is for, I suspect the mods sometimes suffer from a case of "fat finger syndrome" though :-)  (Either that or it was a case of not being able to see straight after too much time in the pub after the 2nd leg of the play-off semi)
    Oscar Peterson had properly fat fingers but still shredded it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdd5pn1xs7M 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I’ve never even come close.......as far as I know?
    That’s with 14,400 comments, 407 threads created, 9,344 visits in 11 years and 6 months ..........as clear a stitch up as one could wish to see!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Stig said:
    aliwibble said:
    Oscar Peterson had properly fat fingers but still shredded it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdd5pn1xs7M 
    But his Twitter handle was @OsacarRPteersonm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqjF7HKSaaI
  • Options
    Cheers for my promote, whoever it was 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope it didn’t cost as much as mine.
  • Options
    No probs mate 👍
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I got a promote once.

Was it for one of my many erudite and nail-on-head political comments?  Was it for one of my multiple pithy, witty responses to foolishness? Or was it for one of my plethora of insightful, well though out posts on the human condition? 

No - it was for this reply on the "How do you write an "X"" Thread...

"You are already at the bottom at the end of the first stroke, so it's logical to start the second stroke "while you are down there"...   :)  "     
  • Options
    I got a promote once.

Was it for one of my many erudite and nail-on-head political comments?  Was for one of my multiple pithy, witty responses to foolishness? Or was it for one of my plethora of insightful, well though out posts on the human condition? 

No - it was for this reply on the "How do you write an "X"" Thread...

"You are already at the bottom at the end of the first stroke, so it's logical to start the second stroke "while you are down there"...   :)  "     
    Corporation TaX

;)
  • Options
    That’s your second from me ibborg.  It was an excellent piece of artwork summing up the circus going on at our club 
  • Options
    Cabbles has told you now, but if you hover over the word 'Promote' ate the bottom of your post a name will appear.
  • Options
    Pleased as I am to have been awarded this “Promote” accolade, I too am far from clear what distinguished that humorous, sesquipedalian critique. Being that’s very much my stock in trade, perhaps it was earned for my cumulative contribution up to that point. Like an Ivor Novello award or Johnny Robinson’s yellow cards for relentless moaning
    Modesty forbids but ahem must be due for another...
  • Options
    I'm like Charlton at Carlisle, only the 3 promotes.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Probably the only person on the forum who doesn’t care at all about likes, lols and promotes?
    Airman. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Probably the only person on the forum who doesn’t care at all about likes, lols and promotes?
    Airman. 
    I’m sure there’s more. But, yes, he is his own man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #spareathoughtforhenry
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    #spareathoughtforhenry
    #henryslifematters
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    #spareathoughtforhenry
    #henryslifematters
    #fuckhenry ;)
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    bobmunro said:
    #spareathoughtforhenry
    #henryslifematters
    #fuckhenry ;)
    Currently trending on twitter
  • Options
    Numbers said:
    bobmunro said:
    #spareathoughtforhenry
    #henryslifematters
    #fuckhenry ;)
    Sounds like a new Ad campaign by Dyson .
  • Options
    I’d like to think my work here is pretty much done… ⬇️⬇️⬇️

How fragile does your ego need to be to get 20 promotes though, especially when, as a mod I assume you are handing them to yourself?  😃😂

Scandal.