Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is 'promote'?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I’d like to think my work here is pretty much done… ⬇️⬇️⬇️

How fragile does your ego need to be to get 20 promotes though, especially when, as a mod I assume you are handing them to yourself?  😃😂

Scandal. 
    19 of those were mine 
  • Options
    So I just sat on the khazi, and as I often do I decided to click on my profile to look at the stats and try and figure that great existential questions of what my ‘like’ to ‘lol’ ratio really means, and what can I get with my CharltonLife points (13,506 currently).

However low and behold the first thing I immediately noticed on my profile was that my promote count had doubled from 1 to 2. It was like Christmas had come early, the ultimate Charltonlife accolade. Who cares about likes and lols when your promote count is growing exponentially.

With excitement I went to click on the promote link to see what incredible post I had made to deserve one. But things didn’t look right. The lol count was higher then the likes, I only had 9,777 points, the profile picture was of a painting of a green bear like creature with a long neck.

It was with anguish that I quickly realised I had mistakenly clicked on North Lower Neil’s profile instead of mine. 

The sadness that this 36 year old man felt as he was taking his morning dump was palpable.
    You can have one, two or three of mine

Donations to the Upbeats/Museum welcome.
  • Options
    So I just sat on the khazi, and as I often do I decided to click on my profile to look at the stats and try and figure that great existential questions of what my ‘like’ to ‘lol’ ratio really means, and what can I get with my CharltonLife points (13,506 currently).

However low and behold the first thing I immediately noticed on my profile was that my promote count had doubled from 1 to 2. It was like Christmas had come early, the ultimate Charltonlife accolade. Who cares about likes and lols when your promote count is growing exponentially.

With excitement I went to click on the promote link to see what incredible post I had made to deserve one. But things didn’t look right. The lol count was higher then the likes, I only had 9,777 points, the profile picture was of a painting of a green bear like creature with a long neck.

It was with anguish that I quickly realised I had mistakenly clicked on North Lower Neil’s profile instead of mine. 

The sadness that this 36 year old man felt as he was taking his morning dump was palpable.
    The sanctuary of a morning evacuation should never be violated. Shame on, …shame on… Sorry don’t know who to blame.
  • Options
    One could also ask what the 'points' are.

The 'visits' is a bit odd too. I just keep CL open in a tab on my phone without logging out, so can daily use for a year or more count as one 'visit?'
  • Options
    I’d like to think my work here is pretty much done… ⬇️⬇️⬇️

How fragile does your ego need to be to get 20 promotes though, especially when, as a mod I assume you are handing them to yourself?  😃😂

Never self awarded @Athletico Charlton

To be honest I’m hugely offended that in the years of wisdom and humour I’ve been so generous to share with others over the years, on only 20 occasions the other mods have seen fit to recognise. I would have expected it to be in the thousands :-) 

19 of those were from @Dazzler21 ;)
  • Options
    I feel very inadequate, having none.

I shall try a lot harder , to be witty, and  erudite.

…second thoughts bolloxs to them 
  • Options
    I've heard that Ben Garner was asking the same thing after the Play-Off Final.
  • Options

I can do better than you, but only just, I have 1

And despite all my wise and erudite contributions on CL it was for post about Paul Walsh !!!
  • Options

I’ve got close to a 2:1 likes per post ratio, and I’m getting nothing. Tough crowd here, unless you are part of the clique. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’ve got close to a 2:1 likes per post ratio, and I’m getting nothing. Tough crowd here, unless you are part of the clique. 
    Wait!! What?? Theres a clique?, I’d not noticed.😬😜😂
  • Options
    It there a “relegate”?
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    It there a “relegate”?
    Yeah if you finish in the bottom 4 for likes and lols in a year you have to go and post on the into the valley forum instead. 
    There’s another forum?!? 
  • Options
    You have never really been in a clique until you have a promote on CL.
  • Options

Clique? There’s a clique??
  • Options
    TS would never get a promote. He's too much of a rocker for the mods to give him any credit.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    It there a “relegate”?
    Well there is a "sink" but that's for whole threads rather than specific posts.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Getting back to the original question.

What is ‘promote’?

Answer is……you’ll never really know until you get one.
    It’s a bit like being a Freemason, there are certain privileges granted and in return favours given. 
    So mote it be. 🤫🤘🤝
  • Options
    My ratio is something like 14:1 with likes and lols. Promoted 10 times in 12 years.

It’s like a Warnock wet dream. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never had a promote.

My comments are too long-winded and/or not funny enough.  In fairness the only post that I was proud of and thought deserved recognition was something to do with Lego being used to upgrade the dugouts back in the Roland era. Which tells you all you need to know.

• Options
    Sage said:
    My ratio is something like 14:1 with likes and lols. Promoted 10 times in 12 years.

Yeah, but you can't buy a lol for toffee, which is why you'll never break into that top 4 and achieve mod status ;).
  • Options
    Sage said:

Yeah, but you can't buy a lol for toffee, which is why you'll never break into that top 4 and achieve mod status ;).
    I am too wise and old for my own youthful goodness.

However, got one for that last post, maybe this year is my breakthrough season... ;)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

I am too wise and old for my own youthful goodness.

However, got one for that last post, maybe this year is my breakthrough season... ;)
    No one likes a big ‘ead. 😉