Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ridiculous Charlton songs

Comments

• Options
    I agree whole heartedly with the "taunting" and makes us seem proper lowlifes. Dont mind a bit of banter but the Adams family song & "you're just a small in...." is plain childish & puerile. Always think it's best just to stick to songs about our team & players.....saying that I thought we were fairly quiet compared to what it has been recently. 

The taunting songs would soon stop if there were no fences and lines of stewards.
    Thought it was hilarious when the yoof next to me was shouting at a West Brom fan

"Sit down you f**king four eyed c**t" when

a) he was standing himself
    b) he was also wearing glasses!
    Or someone screaming "you fat b******" when he's 25 stone and scoffing a pie.
    Oi.
    Leave me out of this.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Seeing grown (possibly married) men chanting that South London is full of tits and fanny with their daughters stood next to them was always a bit cringe for me. 
    Never understood how the song then goes on to slag off Bermondsey, when surely Bermondsey is in South London as well!
  • Options
    It was much better when we had a virtually silent few dozen fans at away games.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Brian, pass the flask and don't forget the blanket.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Brian, pass the flask and don't forget the blanket.
    How did you know my name was Brian? Have we met?

• Options
    Magnificent support from us fans again yesterday. WBA are a great club, much like us I feel, top of the league & playing in front of a near full house .

So why can't some of our fans stick to getting behind our lads, instead of the moronic and nonsensical songs aimed at the opposition?

A near full stadium with an excellent atmosphere and we're singing 'your support is fucking shit, Is this a library? The Adams Family, You're just a shit team in Villa and Fuck The Albion'.

I may well have double standards & am quite happy to 'give it' to Millwall etc, but we detract from our magnificent support by singing idiotic songs that make zero sense. 

Singing you've got shit support in a fullish vocal stadium? 
    How stupid must we sound? 

Agree 100%.
    also agree! good post. its all very cringey. 'is this a library?' hate that. so original.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Kin’ hell, our support is fantastic at the moment, just enjoy it.
    Agreed, we're all loving the fantastic support. I'd like even more.
    I was talking about the the non-support.

I wonder what motivates our players more, a song singing their names & praising them or a song about WBA supporters being incestuous inbreds ?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Partially agree. Their 'vocal' support was only heard once they scored then after they went down to 10 men. Quiet for a full house I thought. 
    Yes, but the whole stadium was 'buzzing' throughout, you knew you were at a 'proper' club. It was never quiet, an excellent vibe from start to finish. 
    I didn't think so. The eb and flow of the game created their atmosphere. The only time I thought they were loud was when they sung their Robson Kanu song after his goal. Other than that I thought the support was non existent especially considering they were sat both sides of us. If that was the set up at The Valley the away fans would be silenced. 
  • Options
    Agree re the terrible songs though. Youre just a Shit Aston Villa at 1-1 was stupid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following charlton away is as good as it’s ever been IMO, I’ve been going away for about 12 years.  As valley Gary just said, enjoy it people cos we’ll all be moaning when we are back taking 300 up north with cringe like “stand up if you love charlton”.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Partially agree. Their 'vocal' support was only heard once they scored then after they went down to 10 men. Quiet for a full house I thought. 
    Yes, but the whole stadium was 'buzzing' throughout, you knew you were at a 'proper' club. It was never quiet, an excellent vibe from start to finish. 
    Must have been at a different ground to you. Everyone around us was commenting about how quiet it was there, typical example of a stint in premiership killing your 'normal' fanbase.
  • Options
    Kin’ hell, our support is fantastic at the moment, just enjoy it.
    Off_it said:
    This and this. Fuck me, some of you will literally find anything to moan about. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Considering how the full the ground was I thought the home fans were poor, it was only after their second that they got any kind of atmosphere going. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Seeing grown (possibly married) men chanting that South London is full of tits and fanny with their daughters stood next to them was always a bit cringe for me. 
    Also it’s a clear blatant lie .
    It must have changed from when I lived and grew up there . 
    It was a fucking desert and there was fuck all crumpet about , hence I had to pull/ bribe an Essex bird to marry me and produce Charlton fans .
    I had to go to Brasil ffs.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    It was a fucking desert and there was fuck all crumpet about , hence I had to pull/ bribe an Essex bird to marry me and produce Charlton fans .
    I had to go to Brass ffs.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Bloody  cheek.
  • Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned the absolutely classic,

''we pay your benefits''

Cringeworthy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned the absolutely classic,

''we pay your benefits''

Cringeworthy!
    It's up there with the best tbf.

Probably some singing it are also on the rock n roll.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Bloody  cheek.
    Don't listen to him. I bet your bird from Brazil is lovely.

Tall, slim, firm breasts, peachy bum, lovely complexion, long hair, 10-inch cock ......
    You got the last bit right.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Considering how the full the ground was I thought the home fans were poor, it was only after their second that they got any kind of atmosphere going. 
    Agreed, they briefly made some noise at 1-0 then went quiet again. It only livened up in the second half after the sending off and their second goal
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Anyone go to the designated away pub the Vine????  Had a few pints in there before half a dozen Charlton fans got kicked out for singing lol.
  • Options
    Give the oppo the bird when you are 3-0 up and the games won. If not it comes back to bite you. ‘You’re just a shit Bristol Rovers’ and ‘you’re f****** sh**’ against Bristol City when we are drawing 0-0 and end up losing just looks stupid imo 
    Did laugh at you're Welsh and you know you are though!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    If only there was a third way! 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    That song should really be retired now. It's not the 1970s anymore.
  • Options
    Bring back the old classics like ”Knees up mother brown”, ”show me the way to go home” and “you‘re gonna get your fucking heads kicked in“ Does anybody know K-Tel to release a LP...Singalong an Addick 
  • Options
    I really, really hope that for Millwall away the main support is for the team and the players. We now have a team and a coaching and managerial staff who are capable of getting a result at Millwall.

This team have proven before they stand up to challenges and can thrive in those environments, they aren’t going to hide and they will run through brick walls for Bow and the team.

If you think of the best away days, they often come with a good result and fantastic support of the team. I don’t think it can be expressed enough how much our unbelievable support has positively influenced the team and the results since Bowyer has been in charge. Let’s not get away from that for Millwall away. I don’t want to be in a crowd where most of the songs are about them and their fans or whatever. I want to go there, be part of the support that sung and got behind our team and our fantastic set of players and staff who have consistently produced the goods, I want that energy to be used positively to give the players that extra yard and drive to get us the result we all want.

Let’s keep the fantastic support going, but let’s keep it about us rather than about the opposition.
  • Options
    I don't mind the banter songs but I detest the Addams Family song. I'm no prude but that one is just Crass. We're better than that.