Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ridiculous Charlton songs

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sage. 
    Normally I would agree with what you have just said 100 %.

But as it's millwall tribalism will take over. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    I don't mind the banter songs but I detest the Addams Family song. I'm no prude but that one is just Crass. We're better than that.
    Also irrelevant if we're playing teams 5 minutes down the road... Wasn't at the Fulham game but would bet it was sung there. Was sung against Brentford 
  • Options
    Sage. 

Yup 
  • Options
    The pre corner taking chant,  ‘Come on you reds’ when we’re playing away in black and the home team are in red makes me laugh! 
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Anybody who takes there young kids to games like me  must cringe when they hear the above songs chanted. We have a great opportunity with growing support and an improving team etc to be more inventive with songs. I know we were back in the sixties and seventies although some would give today’s a run for their money.
    The one about this grounds a shit hole I wanna go home, well nobody’s stopping you, just walk out and your shit aaaaaah. Who wrote that one.
    I remember when we played at Exeter, after the game as we were leaving Charlton fans burst into a chorus of this, I was walking out the gate past a police officer and he heard the song and turned around and said well fuck off home then, to which a fan replied thats were we are going
  • Options
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks many of the songs are boring, cringy and unoriginal. As others have said, there are certain songs which are specifically targeted towards certain teams and work well, but when they’re sung to literally any opposition they lose all meaning.
  • Options
    Sage. 

Of course it’s going to be there, I’m not silly to think it won’t, there are going to be some nonsense songs that are embarrassing and don’t make sense and all about the rivalry. I’ve been to enough games against the spanners.

I just hope that the main support is for the team, it’s such a better atmosphere and encourages the players far more when it is in comparison to trying to get one over the opposition fans.
  • Options

I really cringe at the Addams family song, as above has said it bears no resemblance to a football match at all.

The Oshilaja song is by far my most hated song, literally just a carbon copy of the Maguire song with no sense in the lyrics at all. At least with Maguire the vodka and jager was actually relevant and the head being massive. Oshilaja has an average sized head, and from what I hear doesn't even like the chant himself...

• Options
    Acab said:
    Anybody who takes there young kids to games like me  must cringe when they hear the above songs chanted. We have a great opportunity with growing support and an improving team etc to be more inventive with songs. I know we were back in the sixties and seventies although some would give today’s a run for their money.
    The one about this grounds a shit hole I wanna go home, well nobody’s stopping you, just walk out and your shit aaaaaah. Who wrote that one.
    I remember when we played at Exeter, after the game as we were leaving Charlton fans burst into a chorus of this, I was walking out the gate past a police officer and he heard the song and turned around and said well fuck off home then, to which a fan replied thats were we are going
    Heard on London Bridge station a few seasons back "....we want to stay here, we want to stay hereerer  Oldham's a shithole, we want to stay here".
  • Options

I really cringe at the Addams family song, as above has said it bears no resemblance to a football match at all.

The Oshilaja song is by far my most hated song, literally just a carbon copy of the Maguire song with no sense in the lyrics at all. At least with Maguire the vodka and jager was actually relevant and the head being massive. Oshilaja has an average sized head, and from what I hear doesn't even like the chant himself...

Couldn't agree more with the Oshilaja song, so lazy from us. 

Also not a fan of the new song for Jonny Williams purely because it's a direct knock off of a Palarse chant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage. 

Jeremy Kyle, he's coming for you was a good one. Original and funny at the time. I guess not relevant/appropriate anymore