Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Older Peoples Music

2»

Comments

• Options
    @blackpool72 do you remember 8-tracks?
    Unfortunately yes
  • Options
    Anyone remember hearing an 8 track when the tape got mis-aligned, so you got on song in one channel and another in the other?
  • Options
    Oi, read the sign. No Ball Games. I know your mum.
  • Options
    i'm 71 in 2 weeks and was brought up on Cream / Hendrix  / Santana etc.  but still find something in today's music (mostly BluesRock / Jazz Fusion and singer/songwriters like Beth Hart) but not the lightweight pop drivel played on stations like  Heart FM which my missus has on all day.  
    When Beth Hart realises I am the love of her life I will invite you round to our pad for a cuppa.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    i'm 71 in 2 weeks and was brought up on Cream / Hendrix  / Santana etc.  but still find something in today's music (mostly BluesRock / Jazz Fusion and singer/songwriters like Beth Hart) but not the lightweight pop drivel played on stations like  Heart FM which my missus has on all day.  
    When Beth Hart realises I am the love of her life I will invite you round to our pad for a cuppa.

she's about 48 so prob half your age ...
  • Options
    I'm 73, And still love the old stuff I grew up on listening to radio Luxembourg.
    Why did it keep fading in and out?

Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and early Elvis
    (before the colonel reworked him) were tops for me.

Now I listen to Gold on the radio.

• Options
    Always believe in your soul.  
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

she's about 48 so prob half your age ...
    Close, but age is just a number.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm 73, And still love the old stuff I grew up on listening to radio Luxembourg.
    Why did it keep fading in and out?

Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and early Elvis
    (before the colonel reworked him) were tops for me.

Now I listen to Gold on the radio.

Have you tried listening to Atlantis ? It plays 60s music and gives out ‘news’ from the year. Most of it is still great to listen to and I open the windows and crank up the sound when in traffic. Mind you, every now and then there is some real crap and the sound goes down real low 

https://www.atlantisradio.uk/

• Options
    Of course many young people appreciate music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course many young people appreciate music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. 
    Definitely.
    I don’t believe any era or genre of music ‘belongs’ to a certain generation. Music is timeless.
    Amongst other stuff, I like Buddy Holly, The Everly Brothers and what I call the US 50s diner genre.
    That was well before I was born.
    Also publicly my father doesn’t like ‘modern crap’ but when I got into REM, both my parents came to Hyde Park and Twickenham and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    He turned 70 in the summer and we asked him for a playlist for his party. It included REM, Dexys midnight runners, the platters, elvis, culture club and a whole host of ‘different’ music.