Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How much football do you watch?

2»

Comments

• Charlton home games, Sky games and BT Euro games. 

In fact when my adult son is in the room with the remote control we will tend to watch several games at the same time (and any other significant sporting events).  I have started to award him points if he actually captures a a goal live ... I also swiftly deduct points when goals are missed.  His system is most under stress during the cricket / football overlap when points are also awarded and deducted for wickets taken and century scoring strokes.
  • Am pretty much the same as you @cabbles. Haven't watched a complete MOTD for years. Apart from Charlton games I tend not to watch football much nowadays on Sky, but watched hours and hours of cricket on there during the World Cup. Apart from the recent Bulgaria vs England game I rarely watch internationals. I think my appetite for watching football pretty much waned with RD becoming Charlton's owner but that has gradually returned during the course of the past 18 months and put that very much down to the brand of football LB and Charlton have been serving up.
  • I watch MOTD and MOTD2 religiously. I have Sky at the moment and watch the odd live game, plus most England games. World Cups and Euros I watch as much as possible.
  • i probably watch much more football than I’ve ever watched due to the facts the kids have grown up and are interested in what’s going on.

England games , champions league games, EFL games and premier league matches, as well as FA cup and league cup.

I draw the line at Scottish football , the quality is not good and I struggle to stay awake on a Saturday night to watch match of the day, so watch it if I remember it’s on in the morning.
  • Other than Charlton, none. I'm not joking. I stopped following football in general in about 2009.

Since then I've seen a few international matches, and about two hours in total of other football across news highlights etc. The shit with Roland hasn't helped, but tbh I fell out of love with football donkeys years ago - near enough when I stopped playing 
  • Any football/cricket/NFL when son and I are in the house and my wife is at work,
    endless Rick Stein/Hairy Bikers/Drivers dine ins & drives or celebrity plant pot making on ice type program's when she isnt. 

• Haven’t watched MOTD properly for 7 years ish , can’t bring myself to watch while palace are in the prem , it hurts too much .
    Champions League I’ll wait till the games have a meaning 
    Premiership will watch the odd biggie match but will often have it on in the background 
    was lucky to be watching most of liv v arse match last night,  due to the kids wanting to stay up longer but usually wouldn’t watch it 
    I’ll watch the  scum on telly , with pure hatred running through me , that Brighton cup game was a thing of beauty 

the pure saturation of the game on telly means I prolly watch less than ever, since it started being thrown at us relentlessly by Sky and co.
    Going back 5-10 years I used to watch so much more 

Same with me, 5-10yrs ago i watched a lot more. Maybe its an age thing and commitments in life change or maybe it has become too saturated as you say. I never thought of it like that before
  • I record MOTD 2 on Sunday night and then watch it at some point during the following week and the same goes for the EFL Hi-lights on Quest.

I detest listening to pundits and managers waffling bollocks so I fast forward as soon as a game finishes to the next one as well as skipping the ads.
  • I don’t watch much at all any more, but it’s only this thread that’s made me realise it. I look forward to football on TV, but if I have to do something with the mrs I won’t be bothered about missing it. And when I do sit down to watch it I play with my phone a lot. Gone are the days of intently caring about what’s happening, beyond following my Fantasy team. 

To that point, Fantasy football, betting etc are all designed to make it matter to us. Well played Sky and co. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ll watch the Euros and the World Cup games but that’s it - no MOTD, I’ve never watched a premier league game live (not even when we were in the Prem). I gave up watching the FA Cup final and England games many years ago.

After the Northwich Victoria debacle, I think the next live game I saw on TV was the Sheffield Utd away cup game in 2014 (via BT Sports).

The next games were the two Doncaster play off semi finals last season, then I was at Wembley.

Now we’re back in the Championship I am enjoying the extra coverage and it’s also watchable for those of us without Sky via Now TV, so I’ve enjoyed Forest at home and Fulham away as well as seeing our away win at Reading in the flesh. Other than that, nothing else this season so far.
  • The Quest coverage and the app i really like. Its been mentioned before on other threads for a while now but worth reminding as i was chatting to the barber,as you do, the other day and hes a charlton fan and i had to explain to him about highlights on Quest when he was moaning about no highlights on a Saturday
  • Way too much according to my girlfriend.  It used to be that you could only watch one or two premier league matches per week in the states but between valley pass and a number of premier league /bundesliga matches on tv/streaming, I probably watch 4 or 5 a week.
  • Not enough. 

There’s loads of games on here in the US, but anything midweek is out as I’m working. Saturday is three prem games, and I’ll normally catch one on Sunday. 

Don’t watch much MLS, but do stick the odd Mexican game on. 
  • I don't watch MOTD unless Palace lose!
  • edited November 2019
    As someone who used to religiously watch all football, now next to none.

Don't watch England regardless of match or tournament.

Don't watch any European matches/tournaments.

Don't watch MOTD nor FA Cup final.

No Premiership matches.

So, apart from the 2 mins of Charlton highlights on Sky that’s about it.

A lot is down to me boycotting Charlton games still, plus people I may have gone to games with are not around anymore.

I’m also aware of the negative impact watching any sport not just football has on my mental wellbeing and therefore that has a bearing too.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t go if asked.
  • Out of interest, when Charlton are away and on Sky, do people still go to a pub to watch?  I drove over to Charlton with a mate last season to watch one of our games in a pub near The Valley and we were the only ones watching which surprised me.
  • Barely watched a game past 4-5 years mostly due to my son etc. When I do find myself watching a game on TV I seem to get bored pretty quick. Only football I have enjoyed other than Charlton recently was the Woman's world cup last summer, had never watched a woman's match properly before either. Think the Champions league going over to BT really hasn't helped! 
  • Out of interest, when Charlton are away and on Sky, do people still go to a pub to watch?  I drove over to Charlton with a mate last season to watch one of our games in a pub near The Valley and we were the only ones watching which surprised me.

The Bricklayers Arms in  Bromley get a good sprinkling.

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    Hardly any. Charlton Home games and the away on Sky/Live Stream and all England games. I might watch goals from games on my phone if I’m on the train way to work if I’m bored.
    I can’t remember the last time I watched MOTD or even a live game on Sky that didn’t involve Charlton. I find it all quite boring. I find the Premier League very tedious. 

• Not a lot apart from Charlton, and even then I only go to the home games. I'll watch Norwich when they're on the box (normally because my father-in-law has come round to watch it) but not much else.

I don't bother with the Premier League, rarely watch England matches, and haven't watched La Liga for over 15 years.

To be honest, I'm a tad fed up with all the cheating, bad sportsmanship, lack of loyalty, double standards (crowds dish out abuse to players all game, when the players say something back or make a gesture to them they're running to the authorities saying the player must be punished).

I now watch more Aussie Rules matches each year than football.
  • Watch all England matches. I attend all England home match and used to go to away matches.

Barely watch any premier league matches or European matches on TV. I’ll watch Liverpool v City next week but I watch less than10 matches a season on TV. 
  • Charlton game on a Saturday, home at the Valley and away on a stream. Then I'll watch any games during the week if they're Champions League, championship or Premier league matches if they're on and I'm not doing anything. Helps that I have a streaming set up that means I don't have to pay for anything other than the one off fee a few years ago
  • edited November 2019

As much as I physically can watch, if I am indoors and football is on 95% of the time I will be watching it. Unless its a nothing game in league 2 or teams I don't like (not the Premier League).

I was just saying if I have no plans, I would happily watch footy Friday eve, Saturday lunch, Soccer Saturday, Saturday evening game, Sunday 3 games. over the course of a weekend, although its very rare but that would be a great weekend.

I play pool a lot and its usually 50/50 whether they have football on in there so often miss Wednesday nights/ Thursday.

Re: MOTD/MOTD2 swings and round abouts, I record it but depends on results and how much I've watched over the weekend whether I bother watching it. I don't mind it but am not too bothered if I miss it!

• After his Allsvenkan thread, Callum clearly overdoses .:)
  • Seeing the responses on here really surprises me. Then again now I realise why a lot on here talk such tosh as they don't do their football homework.
  • I reckon I'm the winner/loser.