Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton match tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Any predictions how soon this one will sell out ?

Our group of 5 that travels to 90% or more of away games each season & attends all home matches, with season tickets purchased again this term , will be able to purchase just 4 up to & inc Friday afternoon.

That leaves 1 of our number unable to purchase until Monday after 2pm even though she also has VG .
    Im gping 200 -300 left by Monday afternoon.
    Beat Millwall Saturday could be none.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Valley Gold priority is taking the mick now. As a one off £60 member (or maybe it's still £30 from before the new amendment) you have a higher priority than the following:-

Season Ticket Holder for the last 2 seasons who has been to 11 away games.

They have the same level of priority than the following:

Season Ticket Holder for the last 2 seasons who has been to 15 away games.

How anyone can justify this is simply staggering and unfortunately the supporters Trust have not picked this up

There's a whole thread on this, but I will just say:
    • Valley Gold membership alone has afforded second tier ticket priority for 30 years
    • Even so the vast majority of games go to general sale
    • The argument about 'one off members' (and it is £60 now) refers to a handful of people among its membership
    • The vast majority of games go to general sale. 
    IMPORTANT
    Please note that anyone joining Valley Gold now won't be processed in time to take advantage of ticket priority for Luton. 
    You refer to Valley Gold having 2nd tier priority for 30 years. So what tier is on front of them?

Also due to the changes that have occurred after the Reading game Valley Gold now has a greater priority than a season ticket (and with the points based system now 2 seasons). Could you please tell me at least ONCE this had occurred in the last 30 years before this season?
    I'll answer your first question again but I will point out that I've provided this on just about every thread that's ever discussed this.  The first tier has traditionally been ST + VG, then ST or VG.  A few years ago the club added in 'x stubs from away games' as an additional qualification for the games particularly under pressure.

The loyalty scheme has introduced a greater emotional element into this because it now involves our individual (and hugely varied) views on what loyalty means. The harsh fact is that it's about what you are able to afford and/or commit to rather than true loyalty (I like to travel away when I can but I now have commitments to my daughter that take priority, for example).  However, the VG element of this hasn't changed - members are guaranteed priority on tickets as they always have been. It's the loyalty element that varies around that and especially when ticket allocation is tiny I do understand that sometimes that may give a sense of unfairness - but if you pay for ticket priority and don't get it, that's as unfair as it gets.  

There is no perfect solution. I do wonder personally whether for this game the club may have restricted sales to one ticket per person given the small allocation, but someone will always have a complaint.  In general, the fact that games almost always go to general sale indicates that everyone who wanted to use the priority they qualified for were able to, which suggests the club generally get this absolutely spot on.
  • Options

Our group of 5 that travels to 90% or more of away games each season & attends all home matches, with season tickets purchased again this term , will be able to purchase just 4 up to & inc Friday afternoon.

That leaves 1 of our number unable to purchase until Monday after 2pm even though she also has VG .
    I believe that tickets are unlikely to have sold by the time VG member priority kicks in on its own. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    clb74 said:
    What I don’t get is when Millwall tickets went on sale 3 weeks ago VG was at the equivalent mark of 500pts. Think there have been 2 away games since then and it’s leaped up to 550.

I had 545 three weeks ago and was 45 points above the Valley Gold cut off. I’ve since done a midweek away (Bristol City)  25 points BELOW Valley Gold. So even though someone like me is accruing points by doing less attractive aways, my possibilitiy of going to certain more attractive / local aways is actually reducing. Not right, is it?

Irrelevent in my case as I do have Valley Gold, so can leap up the priority roster. So I’m not on the outside pissing in, even as a Valley Golder I don’t think it is being marked fairly.

I know there are 516 fans more deserving to buy away tickets before I should get a pop at it. 
    If you can name the 516 you deserve a luton ticket
    Not sure about names but I can give you their VG membership numbers... :wink:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Im gping 200 -300 left by Monday afternoon.
    Beat Millwall Saturday could be none.
    "Beat Millwall Saturday", you're not known for a sense of humour!
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Hopefully as the game is on a weeknight, it might make it to the non-VG members and a few stages down the priority list.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

Dont see why Luton cant announce 1500 available and sell them block by block so that if we were to only sell 1000 the same 500 seats would be free. 

People see the allocation and give up. Would be much more optimistic about chances of getting one if they gave us the full allocation.

I am genuinely tempted to get VG next season in order to jump up the list!
    Surely that's all we're getting. For example Luton played Forest on Saturday, and they only got 2/3 of the stand, and Forest have a bigger away following than we do
    Precisely my point. Why don't they give the full allocation. So many clubs now are simply giving 2/3 of the away stand as their usual allocation for no reason at all!
    1032 is the full away allocation given to all clubs this season & has been the case for the past few seasons,the ground only holds 10,356.Luton plan to move to a new stadium where the capacity will be 17,500.
    Its the standard allocation. Capacity of the stand is 1500. No reason why they cant give full allocation every week.
    Because they basically sell out every week, and would rather 500 more home fans can get in?
    They don't sell them to home fans in that end as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    clive said:
    The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

Dont see why Luton cant announce 1500 available and sell them block by block so that if we were to only sell 1000 the same 500 seats would be free. 

People see the allocation and give up. Would be much more optimistic about chances of getting one if they gave us the full allocation.

Surely that's all we're getting. For example Luton played Forest on Saturday, and they only got 2/3 of the stand, and Forest have a bigger away following than we do
    Precisely my point. Why don't they give the full allocation. So many clubs now are simply giving 2/3 of the away stand as their usual allocation for no reason at all!
    1032 is the full away allocation given to all clubs this season & has been the case for the past few seasons,the ground only holds 10,356.Luton plan to move to a new stadium where the capacity will be 17,500.
    Its the standard allocation. Capacity of the stand is 1500. No reason why they cant give full allocation every week.
    Because they basically sell out every week, and would rather 500 more home fans can get in?
    Was definitely home fans sharing that end with us last season.
  • Options
    clive said:

Yes they do, its split 60/40
  • Options
    Well that explains it then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    clive said:

Yes they do, most games.

Luton realise most away fans don't want to see a toilet of a town so sell to their own supporters.

Tommy Robinson has VIP seats most games, I am lead to believe.
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Valley Gold priority is taking the mick now. As a one off £60 member (or maybe it's still £30 from before the new amendment) you have a higher priority than the following:-

How anyone can justify this is simply staggering and unfortunately the supporters Trust have not picked this up

• Valley Gold membership alone has afforded second tier ticket priority for 30 years
    • The argument about 'one off members' (and it is £60 now) refers to a handful of people among its membership
    IMPORTANT
    Please note that anyone joining Valley Gold now won't be processed in time to take advantage of ticket priority for Luton. 
    You refer to Valley Gold having 2nd tier priority for 30 years. So what tier is on front of them?

Also due to the changes that have occurred after the Reading game Valley Gold now has a greater priority than a season ticket (and with the points based system now 2 seasons). Could you please tell me at least ONCE this had occurred in the last 30 years before this season?
    I'll answer your first question again but I will point out that I've provided this on just about every thread that's ever discussed this.  The first tier has traditionally been ST + VG, then ST or VG.  A few years ago the club added in 'x stubs from away games' as an additional qualification for the games particularly under pressure.

The loyalty scheme has introduced a greater emotional element into this because it now involves our individual (and hugely varied) views on what loyalty means. The harsh fact is that it's about what you are able to afford and/or commit to rather than true loyalty (I like to travel away when I can but I now have commitments to my daughter that take priority, for example).  However, the VG element of this hasn't changed - members are guaranteed priority on tickets as they always have been. It's the loyalty element that varies around that and especially when ticket allocation is tiny I do understand that sometimes that may give a sense of unfairness - but if you pay for ticket priority and don't get it, that's as unfair as it gets.  

There is no perfect solution. I do wonder personally whether for this game the club may have restricted sales to one ticket per person given the small allocation, but someone will always have a complaint.  In general, the fact that games almost always go to general sale indicates that everyone who wanted to use the priority they qualified for were able to, which suggests the club generally get this absolutely spot on.
    So as you state above the 2nd tier should be season tickets or Valley Gold on the same leve. This is no longer the case and Valley Gold have more priority than the season tickets
  • Options
    What I don’t get is when Millwall tickets went on sale 3 weeks ago VG was at the equivalent mark of 500pts. Think there have been 2 away games since then and it’s leaped up to 550.

I had 545 three weeks ago and was 45 points above the Valley Gold cut off. I’ve since done a midweek away (Bristol City)  25 points BELOW Valley Gold. So even though someone like me is accruing points by doing less attractive aways, my possibilitiy of going to certain more attractive / local aways is actually reducing. Not right, is it?

Irrelevent in my case as I do have Valley Gold, so can leap up the priority roster. So I’m not on the outside pissing in, even as a Valley Golder I don’t think it is being marked fairly.

I know there are 516 fans more deserving to buy away tickets before I should get a pop at it. 
    And if we draw AFC Wimbledon the FA Cup for instance with their 700 tickets Valley Gold would presumably go up higher. It's a nonsense
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    As I  suspected, it's not true, here's one of many examples:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60845/brighton-tickets-12th-april-2014
    That literally says VG in the second phase. 

I'm sure there has been the odd exception to prove the rule. 

So it does, I misread the 4 away games part, but there are several other examples of it now being ranked 2nd.

I wonder if anyone who doesn't work for VG can defend this nonsense? It would seem not.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

IMPORTANT

So as you state above the 2nd tier should be season tickets or Valley Gold on the same leve. This is no longer the case and Valley Gold have more priority than the season tickets
    I've no desire to argue with you on this, I understand your point of view but disagree - notwithstanding that's not the contention I made.

To be as clear as I can be, VG membership has afforded priority in a two tiered structure - the first in conjunction with other qualifiers, such as season ticket or VIP membership, the second in its own right.

Essentially, Valley Gold members pay for ticket priority.  It is absolutely 'unfair' if they don't then receive it. 

Where the complication lies is that a loyalty scheme is fundamentally in conflict with paid-for priority. It was raised in the initial discussions, but clearly it's going to involve compromise and an understanding that this is in effect two different priority schemes being presented as one.  

Whilst understandable, it's therefore not a fair comparison to suggest VG should be compared with a (subjective) perception of someone's loyalty.  AFKA says he can think of 516 people who deserve priority ahead of him, but that's one person's view and others may disagree - somehow all this has to work into a loyalty scheme, and fit VG in as a separate paid-for priority.

That is, there's the club's priority scheme and the VG scheme both offering priority on tickets.  There's only one set of tickets.  VG has to appear somewhere in the list where priority is secure, and that's going to be based on how many tickets there are and how many people in each tier there are.
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

IMPORTANT

I've no desire to argue with you on this, I understand your point of view but disagree - notwithstanding that's not the contention I made.

To be as clear as I can be, VG membership has afforded priority in a two tiered structure - the first in conjunction with other qualifiers, such as season ticket or VIP membership, the second in its own right.

Essentially, Valley Gold members pay for ticket priority.  It is absolutely 'unfair' if they don't then receive it. 

Where the complication lies is that a loyalty scheme is fundamentally in conflict with paid-for priority. It was raised in the initial discussions, but clearly it's going to involve compromise and an understanding that this is in effect two different priority schemes being presented as one.  

Whilst understandable, it's therefore not a fair comparison to suggest VG should be compared with a (subjective) perception of someone's loyalty.  AFKA says he can think of 516 people who deserve priority ahead of him, but that's one person's view and others may disagree - somehow all this has to work into a loyalty scheme, and fit VG in as a separate paid-for priority.

That is, there's the club's priority scheme and the VG scheme both offering priority on tickets.  There's only one set of tickets.  VG has to appear somewhere in the list where priority is secure, and that's going to be based on how many tickets there are and how many people in each tier there are.
    You don't want to argue because you have previously in the thread stated Valley Gold should have the same legal of priority as Season Ticket Holders, but that does not suit your Valley Gold perspective
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    No, I meant  what I said, or do you not sit on the board of VG?  What you do with your money is your own business.

No one is disputing VG should get priority for tickets, almost everyone who does not work for VG seems to think current VG priority is too high, including current VG members.

At what point might you consider the fact you've got this wrong? IMO VG should give as many points as a season ticket, the fact it gives essentially double is, imo, ridiculous.
    As I said to JH2 above, it is essentially a different priority scheme. I understand why people draw comparisons but it doesn't make them valid.

Edit:  by everyone, you mean everyone who expressed an opinion on this thread - which even with that qualifier isn't true. Not sure even then you can extrapolate that to 1900 VG members, at least some of whom joined for ticket priority. 

Let me ask you a simple question, interested in your reply. If you paid £120 and was promised ticket priority, what would your response be if you didn't receive it? 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

IMPORTANT

You don't want to argue because you have previously in the thread stated Valley Gold should have the same legal of priority as Season Ticket Holders, but that does not suit your Valley Gold perspective
    I've been very consistent that VG should have the same level as it's always had - first tier in combination, second tier on its own. Before last season we didn't have this scheme so the only combinations were VIP, season tickets, and occasionally ticket stubs.

And I make no apologies for my "Valley Gold" perspective. That's the fundamental requirement of my role, making the scheme successful, and as it is a long established benefit and attraction of the scheme, of course I'll defend its retention.

We're trying to roll with the loyalty scheme but it's inevitable when there are so few tickets that some people will begrudge priority to those who paid for it. I understand it, but it doesn't change the fact they paid for it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The points system not just with Valley gold doesnt work.
    I decided not to get a season ticket this season, i will however be doing 20 away games giving me 200 points.
    These 200 points are no good to me even if i decide to buy a season ticket next season i will be playing catch up.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I decided not to get a season ticket this season, i will however be doing 20 away games giving me 200 points.
    These 200 points are no good to me even if i decide to buy a season ticket next season i will be playing catch up.

It does work, but gives priority to S/T holders and VG holders.
    You're quite right that if you don't have a S/T you will be playing catch up.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I think there are improvements to be made. Points earned in season have to be worth more than points earned last.  

But the good thing is that most games do go to general sale.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The funny thing is ive got 2 mates on 610 if had purchased my bristol city and wigan away tickets in thier names they would of been able to purchase 4 luton tickets before monda

• Options

Surely, this is the 1st time that a trip to luton has been deemed as more attractive than a trip to bristol :-)
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

And if we draw AFC Wimbledon the FA Cup for instance with their 700 tickets Valley Gold would presumably go up higher. It's a nonsense
    100%
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

IMPORTANT

Away game holders
    Season tickets
    VG

The rest can apply after.
  • Options
    Cannot believe commitment of some on here. I went to Luton twice when all away fans were banned and you had to be a LTFC member.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Cannot believe commitment of some on here. I went to Luton twice when all away fans were banned and you had to be a LTFC member.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
    I was there for the 5-2 and got put in the slammer till 10.

Plod were very lenient.
  • Options
    The point system we use is not all wrong. From the first 4 tiers, it's fine. The only wrong thing is putting 'any' VG member regardless of the number of points high up at tier 5. They should be put in at the stage it comes down to their number of points. If it were like that the system would be not entirely perfect (as you cannot ever in life please everyone) but it would be better.