Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton match tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    If a S/T costs an average £400 and is worth 230 points, then it is only fair a VG costing £120 should be worth about 100 points maximum.

2 years of VG should give 200 points. 
    You then add points for games attended and or S/T's.

So a S/T plus VG holder for 2 seasons starts on 230+230+100+100.
    I'd have it at the same level as a ST, a ST is primarily for attending games.

So, 230+230+230+230
  • Options
    should a £410 season ticket give you more points than a £250 season ticket ? is it £1 a point ? 
  • Options
    The old two tier system was for the most part ST & VG then ST or VG.

This gave you priority over another ST holder, with the points system it should now give you priority over someone who has the same points.

This can be aligned to the points tiers and it means then if you are VG and have the same points as someone else who isn't VG then you get priority. Chucking VG in on its own merit a few phases in is the problem.

should be

Phase 5      580 + Valley Gold

Phase 6      580 Points and so on......

This would still give you priority at each phase for being VG and is the best option or as suggested by others awarding points for VG. Anything else will be unfair.

• Options
    Just bought mines, 890 left 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    clive said:
    rikofold said:
    The point system we use is not all wrong. From the first 4 tiers, it's fine. The only wrong thing is putting 'any' VG member regardless of the number of points high up at tier 5. They should be put in at the stage it comes down to their number of points. If it were like that the system would be not entirely perfect (as you cannot ever in life please everyone) but it would be better.
    No-one seems to want to answer this question, but it is salient so I'll ask you too. 

If you'd paid for priority, what would your response be if you didn't get it? 
    As i've mentioned previously the 'priority' 30 years ago cost the same money as now,as prices have risen considerably since then,people should not expect the same priorities unless they are prepared a higher price.
    I am a valley Gold 'member'.
    That's not the deal though is it.  If you're asked for £120 and are promised ticket priority in return, you would rightly baulk at being told that you wouldn't actually get it.  The price is the price, regardless of what it was 30 years ago. 
    You're being a tad disingenuous.
    You know full well it is being suggested that the VG subscription should be increased by the same proportion as S/T prices have increased over 30 years.

Perhaps, this would mean it should cost £250?
    Steve. We're reviewing that but won't change them mid-season. I've said before, but the scheme's aim is to maximise funds for the Academy. Fees are overdue a review, I accept, but we also have to set them at a level that achieves that aim. Doubling fees would probably reduce that due to shedding members, as would removing or reducing the traditional priority privilege. 

I also think it's reasonable to point out that a season ticket is a set of discounted match tickets, which we're appearing to equate with £120 for priority and little else. It's open to debate, but as with all of this it's down to a subjective view of loyalty. Priority fo VG members is not part of the loyalty scheme. 

I'm not going to comment further because I think we've all aired our views and we do take them into account - hence the raising of the minimum commitment to VG to get priority. I've some ideas that I've already put to the chair and will discuss with the board and the club.

We may be able to achieve something fairly quickly, however I've yet to hear from anyone who didn't get a ticket they wanted for which they had priority and used it when it was available. That's the key point, because the club has largely got this right and most go on to general sale. Luton may be the exception, we'll see, but an outlier case shouldn't shape the entire priority scheme. 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    No, I meant  what I said, or do you not sit on the board of VG?  What you do with your money is your own business.

No one is disputing VG should get priority for tickets, almost everyone who does not work for VG seems to think current VG priority is too high, including current VG members.

At what point might you consider the fact you've got this wrong? IMO VG should give as many points as a season ticket, the fact it gives essentially double is, imo, ridiculous.
    As I said to JH2 above, it is essentially a different priority scheme. I understand why people draw comparisons but it doesn't make them valid.

Edit:  by everyone, you mean everyone who expressed an opinion on this thread - which even with that qualifier isn't true. Not sure even then you can extrapolate that to 1900 VG members, at least some of whom joined for ticket priority. 

Let me ask you a simple question, interested in your reply. If you paid £120 and was promised ticket priority, what would your response be if you didn't receive it? 
    Who is suggesting removing priority, just lowering it to a more reasonable level.
    Damn, was going to drop out of this but I'll address this one point.

If VG is dropped to a level beyond which the club can assure priority, it is no priority at all. There are a certain number of people in each tiering, which is how the club determines which tiers to apply to each game.  The issue with Luton is that with 2 tickets available to each purchaser, VG priority has to be accommodated at a level the club can be confident that priority will be afforded. That is, it becomes perceptually less 'fair' the fewer the number of tickets, if you draw the invalid comparison with the concept of 'loyalty'. 

I didn't expect an answer though. 🙂
  • Options
    Anyone fancy getting me 2-3 tickets woild be grateful! 
  • Options
    Ticket update

Standard tickets

862 SEATS AVAILABLE

Also it is unreserved seating at Luton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t get a ticket until Monday 2pm if any lifers are willing to help with getting me a ticket it would be much appreciated!!
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    I can’t get a ticket until Monday 2pm if any lifers are willing to help with getting me a ticket it would be much appreciated!!
    Wasn't expecting to get down on my knees (?) but as posted earlier, IF we're able to buy 4 of the 5 our group needs once Friday afternoon comes around, we shall still be one short for this match until Monday afternoon's phase kicks in. However, I am not convinced tickets will still remain at that point...

Our 5th member is a season ticket holder, VG member & purchased home & away tickets last season for 90% of matches. As with ourselves, she was a season ticket holder for many years prior to last season's attempt to put pressure on RD to sell...

I have exhausted all avenues thus far to try to resolve this issue but am now forced to appeal on here for a ticket for a lady whom many of you will know from POTY events and ALL matches. 

As the Temptations sang: Ain't too proud to beg . 
  • Options
    Ticket update,phase 2 about to start

Standard tickets

852 SEATS AVAILABLE

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Wasn't expecting to get down on my knees (?) but as posted earlier, IF we're able to buy 4 of the 5 our group needs once Friday afternoon comes around, we shall still be one short for this match until Monday afternoon's phase kicks in. However, I am not convinced tickets will still remain at that point...

Our 5th member is a season ticket holder, VG member & purchased home & away tickets last season for 90% of matches. As with ourselves, she was a season ticket holder for many years prior to last season's attempt to put pressure on RD to sell...

I have exhausted all avenues thus far to try to resolve this issue but am now forced to appeal on here for a ticket for a lady whom many of you will know from POTY events and ALL matches. 

@Fanny_Fanackapan I can't make the game unfortunately but will attempt to get two tickets on Monday at 2.00pm. I was going to get one that I promised ages ago for @Rossman92 our colonial cousin who is coming across for his first visit to see Charlton - the other one is yours.

The above is of course subject to there being tickets available when I log on.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Fanny Fanackapan I can get you a spare on Friday? Saves @bobmunro trying on Monday in a mad rush. Let me know.
  • Options
    Ticket update

Standard tickets

799 SEATS AVAILABLE

• Options
    Croydon said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan I can get you a spare on Friday? Saves @bobmunro trying on Monday in a mad rush. Let me know.
    Rush.
    They will be gone by monday
  • Options
    If they do end up gone by Monday, I'll have to be johnny on the spot with the Luton spares thread
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    If they do end up gone by Monday, I'll have to be johnny on the spot with the Luton spares thread
    Could get yours as well on Friday if you need mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Could get yours as well on Friday if you need mate.
    That would be much appreciated, thank you very much!
  • Options
    Looks like @Croydon has sorted Fanny and Rossman - makes sense as Monday might be too late.

I'll stand down.
  • Options
    764 standard tickets available now + 28 ambulant
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Similar to me and my Dad whom of which has been Valley Gold ever since it started!! 
  • Options
    Many thanks for the offers, guys,but another Lifer has messaged me & has ordered one for our pal.

Unless loads more are sold before Friday, there SHOULD be enough left for our 2 after 2pm that day.

Mr F has 625 pts but no VG, I have 585 pts + VG......

IF things are looking dicey by midday on Friday, I'd be grateful for assistance though as we may well miss out after 2pm.

Thanks x
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:

Similar to me and my Dad whom of which has been Valley Gold ever since it started!! 
    PS Fanny, that wasn’t a pop at you, for the record! Just reiterating the point that 2 tickets per member is a load of s**te as a lot of loyals are missing out!

COYR 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cafc_se7 said:

@Fanny_Fanackapan I can't make the game unfortunately but will attempt to get two tickets on Monday at 2.00pm. I was going to get one that I promised ages ago for @Rossman92 our colonial cousin who is coming across for his first visit to see Charlton - the other one is yours.

The above is of course subject to there being tickets available when I log on.
    Not even bothered buying VG to jump the queue...tut tut 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:

PS Fanny, that wasn’t a pop at you, for the record! Just reiterating the point that 2 tickets per member is a load of s**te as a lot of loyals are missing out!

COYR 
    Didn't even think about it, @cafc_se7.

But thanks anyway.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Ticket update

Standard tickets

799 SEATS AVAILABLE

Any updates clive
  • Options
    Ticket update

Standard tickets