Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Trip to The Normandy Beaches & Bayeux - Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Marion, thank you for those kind words but also for perfectly summing up what these trips are about. To my knowledge I have no family who fought in either WW1 or WW2 but for me the trips are about learning more about what our servicemen and women experienced and honouring the sacrifices they made for us with a great many paying the ultimate sacrifice. The knowledge that Clive has is breathtaking and what he doesn’t know really isn’t worth knowing. He brings the trips to life with the way he imparts this and makes them both interesting and thoroughly enjoyable. The best part of these trips though is when we visit a site which means something to someone in our party, whether that be a graveyard, a memorial to those fallen or indeed a small patch of land by a crossroads in a small French village where a battle was fought and Clive is able to fill that person in on what happened and what their relative experienced. I remember at the Arras Memorial just this summer when one of our group found the name of their lost relative amongst the thousands of names inscribed on the walls there of the fallen with no known grave and saw what it meant to them and that one moment encompassed exactly why, for me, these trips are so enjoyable and relevant.

i thank everyone who comes on these trips as without you they wouldn’t be possible and I for one am grateful for your support.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2019
    Clashes with RIAT....aaarrrggghhhh.

This is a trip i've been meaning to take for a few years now having done it quite a while back. I was always staggered by the sheer brutality of it all when visiting Point du Hoc, the craters and smashed concrete. If you have a chance, go.
  • Options
    Come on BDL go we can swap ebbsfleet stories. 
  • Options
    If you have messaged me to say you want a place or places your places are only secured once deposits have been received. Thanks.
  • Options
    Someone (Sarge) has left a message on the activity wall.  And  you have done too Neal.

I am disappointed as i would like to go but already in France for a wedding that weekend.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Someone (Sarge) has left a message on the activity wall.  And  you have done too Neal.

I am disappointed as i would like to go but already in France for a wedding that weekend.

thanks B, had seen that and have pm'd Sarge.

**update** - just 12 places remaining

• Options
    now on the OS so you can believe it.

Article by promising young historian about last trip but mentions the next one at the end

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dc985675ef5e/remembering-those-who-gave-their-life-during-the-first-world-war
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Good work Joe, and glad to see you are coming on next years trip :-))
  • Options
    Great article from the young Hayes.

• Options
    He hopes to be out in Belgium on a longer basis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great article from the young Hayes.

Thanks Peter
  • Options
    He hopes to be out in Belgium on a longer basis
    Good for him ..
  • Options
    Nice article from Joe. Impressive. 
  • Options
    Would have liked to have gone to this but will be celebrating a big birthday that weekend and have already booked and paid for some of it. 
  • Options
    Good article @UEAAddick
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    about 10 places available, don't miss out !!
  • Options
    2 places for us please. Lat time was fab (except the weather!). If you can pm the details I'll pay 2 deposits this evening
  • Options
    2 places for us please. Lat time was fab (except the weather!). If you can pm the details I'll pay 2 deposits this evening
    Have messaged you
  • Options
    So envious of everyone doing this trip. Can only advise if you're fit enough and free that weekend, do it! These trips are very special.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I'd love to go on this trip - is it possible to get on the coach at Ebbsfleet International?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @osteoaddick; choice of 2 pick ups - Charlton & Ebbsfleet International - Large will ask us later which one we want.
  • Options
    I'd love to go on this trip - is it possible to get on the coach at Ebbsfleet International?
    yes it is, I will message you with bank details for deposit.
  • Options
    ** just eight spaces remaining **
  • Options
    Michael and I are discussing with our wives sommer holiday at the moment and if we are able to join the tour. We are both really interested in this trip.
  • Options
    * bump * spaces on the trip still available
  • Options
    *double bump* my hotel’s non-refundable/non-changeable so come on everybody peeps let’s sell this out 👍🏻
  • Options
    ** bumped for any latecomers **
  • Options
    and again ….
  • Options
    If you are sitting at home bored of Strictly and that jungle program and thinking of a weekend away next summer then don’t delay ......