Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Addick called up for England and he is a lifer to.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff John. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    @Coyotejohn1947

Great stuff and congratulations 

I play walking football down here in bexhill.....I quite enjoy playing in goal .but I have a couple of questions

I find distribution quite tricky ..any tips? 

Also do you wear knee/elbow pads? 

Great achievement 

Enjoyed that.

How does it work? Are there separate over-50s and over-60s squads? Which one have you been called up for? How many keepers in the squad? How many matches? 

Journos didn't give much info
    exactly -over 50s and over 60s England walking squads have been around for a while - now this season there is over 70s following the trials which were held in Romford, Sheffield and in Somerset.

The full squad is 18 players to cover injuries and availabilty (4 keepers - 1 from Romford trial, 2 from Sheffield and me from Somerset)
    then from the 18 - 9 were chosen for the match against Wales (its 6 a side).

Home game v Wales is in Coventry in January
    You in Wales squad? Is it watchable? 
    I would hope to get some minutes v Wales at home in January (Coventry venue to be decided) but all the players need minutes so can't guarantee.

• Options
    lolwray said:
    @Coyotejohn1947

I play walking football down here in bexhill.....I quite enjoy playing in goal .but I have a couple of questions

Great achievement 

Hi lolwray,

I wear knee pads beneath tracksuit bottoms and arm sleeves to stop pitch burn.

distribution can be really frustrating if the opposing team closes down.
    I try to avoid going down the middle as too risky and can get cut out.
    Need my defenders to go either side and take the ball wide and down the line - anything else risks trouble.

good luck in goal and thanks for the kind words.

CJ

• Options
    We need to start a Trust honours board obvs.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    @Coyotejohn1947

Great achievement 

Hi lolwray,

I wear knee pads beneath tracksuit bottoms and arm sleeves to stop pitch burn.

distribution can be really frustrating if the opposing team closes down.
    I try to avoid going down the middle as too risky and can get cut out.
    Need my defenders to go either side and take the ball wide and down the line - anything else risks trouble.

good luck in goal and thanks for the kind words.

CJ

Thanks for the reply CJ ....May your sheets be clean for evermore 
  • Options
    edited November 2019

RedChaser said:
    Congrats John, presumably you've always played in goal since your younger days if so what league(s) did you play in the London /South East area? 
    No, too small to play in a regular size goal - just kicked a ball around in Penhill Park, Sidcup.
    Moved to Exeter when I was 25 in 1972 but started going in 5-a-side goal in around 1984 then Walking Football about 3 years ago - played a few games for SW England following trials - and now this - I'm rubbish oufield.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Well done. Keep us informed of your international matches. 
    Already played one half in the 1-0 win v Wales at the Merthyr Tydfil stadium in front of about 200 (ok mostly family and friends of the players).

Home game v Wales in January in Coventry.
  • Options
    Well done John. Brilliant stuff! Perhaps you can come and represent Charlton in next years EFL walking football competition! Although sounds as though you make take it a bit more serious than most of us. 
  • Options
    Do you need a podgy midfielder @redman

• Options

You're Peter Garland and I claim my prize 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that podgy!
  • Options
    redman said:
    Well done John. Brilliant stuff! Perhaps you can come and represent Charlton in next years EFL walking football competition! Although sounds as though you make take it a bit more serious than most of us. 
    I would love to get say a half playing for a Charlton walking football team if you're serious.
    In a club v country 'tussle' dare I say it but playing for Charlton would shade it over playing for England.

BTW Cordoban Addick put two past me a couple of seasons back when he was playing for Torquay (v Exeter City) in the Devon Walking Football League but I think I have subsequently kept a clean sheet against him - but it may only have been the one game so honours might be even  
  • Options
    redman said:
    I would love to get say a half playing for a Charlton walking football team if you're serious.
    In a club v country 'tussle' dare I say it but playing for Charlton would shade it over playing for England.

BTW Cordoban Addick put two past me a couple of seasons back when he was playing for Torquay (v Exeter City) in the Devon Walking Football League but I think I have subsequently kept a clean sheet against him - but it may only have been the one game so honours might be even  
    After I found out you were Charlton I have gone easy on you *ahem*.
  • Options

haha come along to our sessions. Tuesday at 10.30am at Eltham goals or 7pm at Sparrows Lane (park in Footscray Rugby Club). All shapes sizes and abilities welcome. 
    I won't be there for next 3 weeks but be plenty of friendly faces
  • Options
    redman said:

haha come along to our sessions. Tuesday at 10.30am at Eltham goals or 7pm at Sparrows Lane (park in Footscray Rugby Club). All shapes sizes and abilities welcome. 
    I won't be there for next 3 weeks but be plenty of friendly faces
    Unfortunately, like John, I live in Devon so a bit of a schlep!