Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Sheff Wed | Sat 30 Nov | 12:30 KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Great Review FA
    The Owls will be tricky. But I'm hopeful Morgan & Doughty look very promising andi start to make impact  & as Lockyer said it's only needs 1 win to turn the luck. Looking forward to it.
  • edited November 2019
    Both Morgan and Doughty are promising. But we should not expect too much from them for their sakes. Morgan has a great pass in him and decent vision. Off the ball, he doesn't give you anything near say what Gallagher does. So you need somebody who does playing alongside him at least. 
    Doughty looks to have a burst of pace. Ideally he would be introduced as a sub but it seems we don't have that luxury.
  • They can put him on the bench though!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jimmy Seed was instrumental in Sheffield Wednesday winning the League title two years running (1928–29 and 1929–30) under his captaincy, so have always had a soft spot for them. I won’t on Saturday though. 
    Extraordinary bad luck on the injury front has led to us being 13/5 outsiders on Paddy Power. Wednesday are at Evens. 
    I can see a heroic battling performance with us holding on for the draw. 
    Looking forward to seeing Alfie Doughty (and Mathews?) for the first time. 
    I don’t think Jimmy Seed had much sympathy for his old team in the early ‘50s.  We stuffed the Owls seven games in a row, all in the old League Division One (Premiership).  As soon as we both went down however the tables were turned.
  • 3 points to the Addicks. 3-0. Easy.

Morgan, Bonne, Leko.
  • 1. Our four most influential players are all out injured or suspended. 
    2. Our playmaker was playing for Ebbsfleet until two weeks ago.
    3. It's on Sky.
    4. They have an ex Addick on their side with a point to prove.
    5. Our Viking defence has fallen to pieces. 
    6. I think LB is frustrated and it's rubbing off on the players (you can hardly blame him).

If we have Bonne, Leko and Ozzie Oztuna on the pitch we can always sneak something so why not  pack the other seven outfield spots with muscle and energy and hope for the best?

Happy with 1.1.
  • Hard to predict a win due to the number of players out. Will take draw but fear another defeat. Just can't see we will have enough quality to create chances. Hope the Leko of Tuesday turns up. COYRs
  • Fans have been brilliant this season but we need to ramp up our support to another level against Wednesday. If ever there was a time LB and the team need a 12th man, this is it. Nothing we can do about the injuries or suspension but we can give the boys out on the pitch a lift. Bound to concede a goal on current form but can see us scraping a 2-1 win with the biggest cheer of the season coming at the final whistle.
  • edited November 2019
    Sadly I can't see that happening but you are right that we should do everything we can to support the lads to help make it happen. If we get something from the game, I feel Wednesday will have to do us favours with their approach and pay us a little too much respect. If I was their manager I would tell them to go toe to toe with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    They need to beware of the wounded animal that is Charlton Athletic.....we need every player to step up, it's an early kick off so the kids on the bench will be home before it gets dark. 3-0 Wednesday.....
  • Great preview (as always!).

Really can’t see us getting anything tomorrow, injuries are out of control now and Wednesday are a better team than Luton. 

Haven't felt like this for a home game in ages, but I’d probably take a point now. 
  • Naby brace not enough to stop a 4-2 defeat.

Oztumer injured again.
  • Gonna be one hell of a feel good factor round the place tomorrow now that Do Shit A Lot has done one. Might raise our lads to a fighting win. I’m revising my prediction. 2-1 us!!!!  COYR 
  • 1. Our four most influential players are all out injured or suspended. 
    2. Our playmaker was playing for Ebbsfleet until two weeks ago.
    3. It's on Sky.
    4. They have an ex Addick on their side with a point to prove.
    5. Our Viking defence has fallen to pieces. 
    6. I think LB is frustrated and it's rubbing off on the players (you can hardly blame him).

If we have Bonne, Leko and Ozzie Oztuna on the pitch we can always sneak something so why not  pack the other seven outfield spots with muscle and energy and hope for the best?

Happy with 1.1.
    7.  Roland has fucked off!!!!!!!!! 😀😀😀😀
  • 1-1 all hands on deck, hopefully no more injuries.  A late equaliser for the away side spoils the day
  • After the news this morning and the good feeling around the club on Saturday, can't see past a 7-0 home win 
  • Sage said:
    Hopefully ticket sales soar today and the atmosphere is rocking, celebrating and getting behind Bowyer and the boys. 
    Amen to that, @Sage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot wait until tomorrow. The Valley will be rocking,whatever the result
  • Be interesting to see if Lyle suddenly gets better ;) 
  • We may well lose the game, but the war has been won. We can look forwards with real optimism and excitement. COYRs.
  • Don't expect us to get much from the game given the injuries and Gallagher's suspension but i hope the new owners are there and i'm sure the atmosphere will be quality.
  • realistically we probably won't win but the mood will be high regardless.
  • can get battered tomorrow for all i care, we got our club back. 
  • can get battered tomorrow for all i care, we got our club back. 
    Be curious to see how results / performances play out between now and the end of January
    Everyone is playing for their futures now
    If we're as minted as we think (with an owner who wants to spend), these players need to perform to stick around
    Will that show on the pitch or will performance drop because they're nervous about their futures
  • Party atmosphere as 3000 boycotters return to the ground.
    New owners owners paraded before the Sky cameras.
    Bowyer signs a 3 year year deal on the pitch.

0-2 to the Wednesday.
  • Let's make it a party, win or lose.
  • Sky will be pleased. What would have been a flat, run of the mill game, will now be a bit of an "I was there" match in the stands.