Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has anyone been to...

the Motown Soul Bar in Catford? Someone mentioned it to me but I've never been ... or even seen it! Thinking it may be a good venue for a birthday night out..... any comments?

Comments

• Options
    Hi reddy, i am surprised that Suzi hasn't been on here and answered, i reckon she or her crew would of heard of it for sure??
  • Options
    catford? not on a night out!!
    only venture there to watch dec play 5-a-side, but get out as soon as i can :-)
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]catford? not on a night out!!
    only venture there to watch dec play 5-a-side, but get out as soon as i can :-)

ha ha, that must be where i got the catford connection! Ms Rascals, steer clear of Catford then lol
  • Options
    i used to play against catford as a young wipper. That was the most intimidating place to play football in the world! Absolute DUMP!

.....but this place sounds nice.
  • Options
    he might live there, so don't want to diss it too much! have mates that live there, but i wasn't aware there was a bar there of any description, didn't know there was a nightlife. just the dog track that has shut,

i've cycled round the one way system there, that was scary.
  • Options
    Only reason to ever go into Catford is 'Saporo' the Japanese restaurant otherwise best steer clear.
  • Options
    I know where that place is. If you're in central Bagda..... sorry, Catford ..... and you head towards Lew'sham then it's on your right just before you come to a slight bend in the road. I think it's just past a Wetherspoon's boozer - which I bet is choice!

Never been in there myself but I've heard it's ok. Just make sure you book your armoured car for when you leave!

I used to live in Catford. I don't now. Enough said!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I used to live in Catford. I don't now. Enough said![/quote]

I live in Catford.

It's the centre of the Universe!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I used to live in Catford. I don't now. Enough said!

I live in Catford.

It's the centre of the Universe!

You ever go/been in the Catford Ram? They did it up just after I moved away - not that I'd ever been in before - and for a pub with no windows or natual light it really was ok. Mind you - I do like Young's Special!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Motown is next to the Blockbusters I believe, which is slightly outside of the main part of Catford.

I personally wouldnt fancy a night out in Catford, I havnt been down there since I stopped having to travel through it for college, however it's really not a nice place.
  • Options
    come on stu, reddy probably lives there. i get all defensive when people come on here or net addicks and slag off charlton for being a dump... okay so charlton is a dump but i still dont like people saying it.

actually i dont think charltons a dump, i love it. there are worse places...

like catford.
  • Options
    Reddy is sister of PBS (who i aint seen around here lately), and she does not live in Catford. So no worries offending her. lol

Ps curbit, i hate to say it, but charlton is a karzy now a days. See all the goings on at the shops (sunny side and Kams) again on charlton road, apparently a 40 strong group of 18 -22 year olds tooled up having a mass brawl all over! Oh and this is at 4 pm! One kid runs into the hair dressers all stabbed up and loads of them followed and contiinued to beat the granny out of him. People (normal people i mean) were there just having a cut a blow dry! At least curb it you dont live near that!
  • Options
    No i hate that part. that needs policing 24/7 - as only poor stu knows.
  • Options
    Imagine it 4 pm, kids milling about the shop gettin sweets, these arezeoles just ttearing around with cricket bats! Apparently its rival gangs, the one on cherry and the woolwich boys! I originally was lead to believe it is the younger ones involved, but apparently they are all between 18 and 22 ish, which to me makes it worse! Iamgine how frightened the kids were!

Check the link

Linky
  • Options
    Worrying as my mum and dad live in the flats at the top of Bramhope Lane and shop in Kams some times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Worrying as my mum and dad live in the flats at the top of Bramhope Lane and shop in Kams some times.

do you no what Ben, my Ma lives on Canberra, and at the end that the cherry orchard is, and she gets her hair cut there, and my step dad goes to kams (if anyone knows my step dad he is a nutter and wont take any shite) but i am always telling them just to go the other way and go to blackheath standerd. Its just not worth being in that shitpit at anytime. My step dad is the type of bloke that if a load of kids were stood like in a doorway of a shop he would barge past and think later! One day i worry there may be more of em than he thinks, and they'll knife him. These gangs take no mercy i tell ya!

Tell your parents just dont go to kams, its too dangerous! Its what i have done, if i catch my parents anywhere near it i will come down on em like a ton of bricks, and i am not joking!
  • Options
    Not a good scene - thats becoming more and more common round there.
    heartbreaking to read the 14 year olds comment saying he's too scared to go out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]PBS (who i aint seen around here lately)

PBS ran off with the Morris Dancers last Thursday evening. The promise of real ale, unhindered beard growth and no end of swooning ladies was too much to resist.
  • Options
    My mum does go to the Standard or gets Sainsbury's to deliver most of the time but they want to be able to pop out for milk or a paper.

My dad was a bit tasty back in old days - organised the attack on Mosely's fascist in Beresford Square back in the 50s - but uses a wheelchair now. Wouldn;t stop him telling them where to go which is what worries me.

A real shame as you want local shops and Kam is a nice guy (I got him a play-off final ticket) and that's a decent chippy as Len will confirm. Think that's the first Offy I've seen in London that is all fenced off ala scouseland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]PBS (who i aint seen around here lately)

PBS ran off with the Morris Dancers last Thursday evening. The promise of real ale, unhindered beard growth and no end of swooning ladies was too much to resist.

i found a morris dancer leaflet in my bag yesterday! who the hell put that in there????
  • Options
    i done some washing yesterday and found a "hang your coat here" sign attached to one of my buttons.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]come on stu, reddy probably lives there. i get all defensive when people come on here or net addicks and slag off charlton for being a dump... okay so charlton is a dump but i still dont like people saying it.

actually i dont think charltons a dump, i love it. there are worse places...
    like catford.

Maybe now would be a good time to point out I'm a Catford boy at heart eh.

I'm really Stu of SE6.
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i done some washing yesterday and found a "hang your coat here" sign attached to one of my buttons.

Isn't that one of a series of cards you hand out at nightclubs in case the object of your desire can't hear you over the music? The next one in the sequence reads:

"Hang your bra over there."
  • Options
    yeah curb it its them comments that are the worst! I always used to go in that shop, and chip shop, and offy, not anymore i can tell ya.

Sco, what you on aboot dooood?? lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Sco, what you on aboot dooood?? lol

I have resisted my daily WSS/Lothario joke all day and it just blurted out...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i done some washing yesterday and found a "hang your coat here" sign attached to one of my buttons.

lol i remember you struggling to get that onto your button. that was after you'd got that awful girl to buy you sambucca.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Sco, what you on aboot dooood?? lol

I have resisted my daily WSS/Lothario joke all day and it just blurted out...

in joke man, sorry i dont get it?? please explain!
  • Options

Any rhythms about how to avoid having babies?

I was wracking my brain on Friday trying to remember the wording of that, couldn't remember it, if you do throw us a whisper.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    lol i remember you struggling to get that onto your button. that was after you'd got that awful girl to buy you sambucca.

Stole her from Salad more like!