Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Ledley - training with Bristol Rovers (p12)

Comments

• Options
    He played the first 45 minutes in our worst performance of the season and was subbed off at half time, and then never seen again.

His name has to be in there on the ‘worst ever signings’ threads in future, surely.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    "it's down to me now to find a club and play as many games as I can. My boy is two, he's into his football and he wants to watch me play for my country and at a club as well."

Our midfield couldn't have been much weaker and he couldn't get in it, surely there was effort missing in training for him not to have been involved. 
    This is the only thing I can see as being the reason he did not get any minutes. Bowyer demands a certain attitude from his players and maybe Ledley didn't display that. However he seems pretty motivated to play and sounds like he has this goal of getting in the Wales squad so surely he must have been trying?

To be honest he did not look to clever in the half he did play for us, so maybe he really has regressed as a footballer, but then surely Bowyer would have seen that in training.

Just a weird situation all around.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    He played the first 45 minutes in our worst performance of the season and was subbed off at half time, and then never seen again.

His name has to be in there on the ‘worst ever signings’ threads in future, surely.
    Could rename him Owain Pouso off the back of thst
  • Options
    maybe he was brought in as an older head around the younger players? 
  • Options
    Had a good beard - best since Hamer.
  • Options
    maybe he was brought in as an older head around the younger players? 
    Don't we have Pratley for that. 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see where he ends up after his total no show with us.  Doesn't seem the type to take the piss and not give effort. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'd say almost as strange as any signing under the Belgians.

Perhaps he had a ding dong with Bowyer?
  • Options
    Well in that twitter link he says he wants a move closer to home

Being originally from Cardiff that kinda limits him to Bristol Rovers or Newport County, maybe even Swindon

Wales (despite not liking them) are a bit like England where they're getting a good number of young Midfielders coming through

Would be extremely surprised if Ledley remade the Welsh squad if he dropped below the Championship
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well in that twitter link he says he wants a move closer to home

Being originally from Cardiff that kinda limits him to Bristol Rovers or Newport County, maybe even Swindon

Wales (despite not liking them) are a bit like England where they're getting a good number of young Midfielders coming through

Would be extremely surprised if Ledley remade the Welsh squad if he dropped below the Championship
    If Church can play for them.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sad about Ledley. I have been a fan ever since his early days at Cardiff 

When we signed him I thought pre window that there was nothing to lose. I also suspected that he might have his eyes on Euro 2020 so landing at a club who have 3 other Welsh Internationals seemed a good move for him.

The other scenario I thought possible was that he was looking at a move to the MLS and when Bowyer said he had something lined up for February I suspected that he might be moving there.

So I was surprised to read the BBC article. I don't think Newport County will give him that springboard to the Euros. Although they would give him a local club to play for and I suspect that they would love him to join. 
  • Options
    It’s not gone well 
  • Options
    I-SAW-LEDLEY-PLAY
    So did I but not for Charlton. 

I saw him against us for Cardiff and Palace as well as Celtic when they played against my Scottish team Raith Rovers in the Scottish League Cup. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    "it's down to me now to find a club and play as many games as I can. My boy is two, he's into his football and he wants to watch me play for my country and at a club as well."

Our midfield couldn't have been much weaker and he couldn't get in it, surely there was effort missing in training for him not to have been involved. 
    This is the only thing I can see as being the reason he did not get any minutes. Bowyer demands a certain attitude from his players and maybe Ledley didn't display that. However he seems pretty motivated to play and sounds like he has this goal of getting in the Wales squad so surely he must have been trying?

To be honest he did not look to clever in the half he did play for us, so maybe he really has regressed as a footballer, but then surely Bowyer would have seen that in training.

Weird meaning unique?

Has RD/TD’s fingerprints all over it if you ask me! Hopefully the last regime signing..
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Sad about Ledley. I have been a fan ever since his early days at Cardiff 

When we signed him I thought pre window that there was nothing to lose. I also suspected that he might have his eyes on Euro 2020 so landing at a club who have 3 other Welsh Internationals seemed a good move for him.

The other scenario I thought possible was that he was looking at a move to the MLS and when Bowyer said he had something lined up for February I suspected that he might be moving there.

So I was surprised to read the BBC article. I don't think Newport County will give him that springboard to the Euros. Although they would give him a local club to play for and I suspect that they would love him to join. 
    Like you i was surprised to hear he wants to play localy to Cardiff. It all seems a bit weird to me
  • Options
    He'd been without a club since January, his ability must have really regressed for someone to not want to sign him 
  • Options
    My mate's looking for  hod carrier, long run of work.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shows you how desperate we were for players that we had to recruit him in the first place.
  • Options
    Definitely a Charlton legend - shortest ever Charlton career?
  • Options
    I-SAW-LEDLEY-PLAY
    So did I, but wish I hadn't!
  • Options
    Alan Davies and Omar Pouso both had 45 min careers.

Tom Hovi had two appearances but only managed 36 mins....

Karim Bagheri takes the award for me....17 mins. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Wasn't there a young winger Steve Browne who made a brief appearance in the early 80's.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Weird meaning unique?

Has RD/TD’s fingerprints all over it if you ask me! Hopefully the last regime signing..
    I doubt it. Our midfield was decimated by injuries and there was a month until the transfer window opened. It was a punt by Bowyer, especially as around that time he seemed desperate to not play Morgan.

The weird thing was sticking him straight into the starting 11, rather than easing him in as a late sub.
  • Options
    Maybe they agreed from the outset that he wouldn’t feature in the Cup for us so that he wasn’t cup tied?

He’s still listed in our squad on the official site. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Iain Ferguson managed 45 mins away at Derby in 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Ferguson
  • Options
    Didn’t we have a real rubbish song for him along the lines of
    “Iain Iain Ferguson Iain Iain Ferguson och aye da noo see you see you see you jimmee jimmee “ 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Iain Ferguson managed 45 mins away at Derby in 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Ferguson
    Think he played the whole game. I went to that one..  I thought he looked ok.