Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deliveroo / Just Eat / Uber Eats

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It really depends on the location of the restaurants.

For me, ordering anything from Just East or Deliveroo from Orpington High Street and it turns up hot and on time.

Order from any of the restaurants in Petts Wood (bar Uskudar) then guaranteed the restaurant will be waiting for a delivery driver and the order eventually gets cancelled.

In all honesty, its easier to order and pick up yourself.  Just take an insulated picnic bag with you.

and don't forget the cool blocks
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    It really depends on the location of the restaurants.

For me, ordering anything from Just East or Deliveroo from Orpington High Street and it turns up hot and on time.

Order from any of the restaurants in Petts Wood (bar Uskudar) then guaranteed the restaurant will be waiting for a delivery driver and the order eventually gets cancelled.

In all honesty, its easier to order and pick up yourself.  Just take an insulated picnic bag with you.

and don't forget the cool blocks
    You know what, it never ever dawned on me to use one until I was in the Fish & Chip shop about 6 months ago and saw a woman pull one out of her shopping bag.  Genius idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    for people too lazy to cook a proper meal
    Isn’t the point being missed here? Isn’t it for people too lazy to collect their takeaway? I rarely have food delivered, would always rather collect it as it’s usually quicker, you’re in control and you can check the order is correct before you leave the ‘restaurant’.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Never used any of them & expect I never will. Apart from usually having something in the fridge/ freezer to cook & then eat, if I ever want a takeaway I would either go direct (Dominoes or local chinese/Indian). Certainly wouldn't wait over TWO hours to have something to eat. Even if you don't drive surely it would be quicker to walk or get public transport & get it yourself.......or are we now living in a society where everyone is too lazy or too fixated with "apps" to do something themselves.

Mind boggling.
    If your mind is boggled by the concept then that explains your post! You don’t like deliveries but delivered pizza is ok? Where did you get two hours from? How do you know how long it takes me to walk to Five Guys or The Athenian? Why do you think that’d be quicker than a motorbike?

It’s not about laziness, or being obsessed with apps (not even sure what that means). It’s choice and convenience. The cost is the drawback - Paying someone to collect for you. But if you can afford it, or you fancy a treat, then I don’t see the problem. As JohnBoy said, having places close enough that food is quickly delivered and fresh when you get it is when it really works. 
  • Options
    Mainly use Just Eat and always on time. Only had a problem once in all the years I’ve used.

Use Deliveroo for work lunches and dinners for people working late. Very quick but they charge big fees. Some bastards compromised my corporate account last month. Eye watering amounts of burgers ordered in the space of a few hours so be careful. I don’t know how they hacked my password and then they created 5 new users all over the country. As I have a £500 limit per day it stopped then. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Mainly use Just Eat and always on time. Only had a problem once in all the years I’ve used.

Use Deliveroo for work lunches and dinners for people working late. Very quick but they charge big fees. Some bastards compromised my corporate account last month. Eye watering amounts of burgers ordered in the space of a few hours so be careful. I don’t know how they hacked my password and then they created 5 new users all over the country. As I have a £500 limit per day it stopped then. 
    Headlock 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

£500 limit ! .. there speaks a man who loves his grub
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Not sure Curb it likes being called a man
    is he a she ? .. OK .. a lady who loves her grub
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Curb_It said:

You calling her fat?
    Off_it said:
    Curb_It said:

You calling her fat?

if I didn't know that @Curb_it was a gal or a geezer, I can hardly be accused of a potentially sexist comment ((:>) 
  • Options
    Ha Off it!  Troublemaker.

No no, it’s for organising my office work lunches. Don’t think I’ve ordered more than 160 in a day though. We aren’t a big office. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Curb_It said:
    Ha Off it!  Troublemaker.

No no, it’s for organising my office work lunches. Don’t think I’ve ordered more than 160 in a day though. We aren’t a big office. 
    :-)
    Out of interest, how many burgers did they get for £500?
  • Options
    Have Uber taxis stopped yet? When does/did their licence end? 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    They ain't stopping because of the licence thing. If anything stops them it will be the taxman -they potentially owe billions in National Insurance contributions and VAT, depending on whether they can argue their way out of it or not. It's 50/50 at the moment, but has years to run yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Off_it said:
    They ain't stopping because of the licence thing. If anything stops them it will be the taxman -they potentially owe billions in National Insurance contributions and VAT, depending on whether they can argue their way out of it or not. It's 50/50 at the moment, but has years to run yet.
    There’s a good NY Times Daily podcast on this explaining why Uber are unlikely to exist in a year or so. 

• Options
    Deliveroo has had an advert banned by the powers that be .. the one where the woman disappears head first into the bag after doling out lots of different packets .. the ad gives the impression that one delivery can be from a multitude of suppliers .. fact is that each one of the fictitious 'deliveries' shown would arrive separately and be charged individually
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

But how do you know that Curb It doesn't identify as having no gender?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.
    It’s because the drivers who pick up the good have to queue like everyone else. There is no collection counter in these places. 

If queue is big, some drivers won’t wait because it wastes their time and costs them money. So a new driver has to be found. 

Even if the driver does wait, he has to wait in a queue, hence cold food. 
    Isn't a lot now prepared in ghost kitchens?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Windy said:
    Curb_It said:

Windy said:
    Curb_It said:

don't enter that minefield f f s ((:>)
  • Options
    I've used deliveroo and uber eats. Both are terrible. Always late by at least 15mins. When ordering KFC or McDonald's in particular the food is always cold, drinks often spilt and 50% of the time I don't get everything I've ordered.
    Not surprised with McDonalds, haven't had it in ages but on the rare occasions I've collected a take away it's only just warm enough by the time I've driven home (less than a mile).

I think it's one of those things you have to eat pretty much as soon as it's served to you.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    It’s because the drivers who pick up the good have to queue like everyone else. There is no collection counter in these places. 

If queue is big, some drivers won’t wait because it wastes their time and costs them money. So a new driver has to be found. 

Even if the driver does wait, he has to wait in a queue, hence cold food. 
    Isn't a lot now prepared in ghost kitchens?
    Like ghoulash?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Got an Honest burger on Friday, I think I was one of about 5 things picked up as the deliveroo driver took an insane route, had to microwave my food. 

Other times been good. 

Pad Kee Mao at Thai Tiger on Trafalgar Road is top notch by the way. 
  • Options
    Uber eats is great. Never had an issue, pay a few quid for the convenience of not having to go get it myself !
  • Options
    I order McD’s off Uber Eats when I’m proper hungover. Always arrives quickly, and is still fresh (I live fairly close to bexleyheath broadway). They forgot my chips once and took 50% off the order. 
  • Options
    Fair play to Deliveroo, they’ve already credited my account with the £14.98. Considering we only ordered as we had a £7 discount so only paid out £8 in first place, I think is more than reasonable.

safe to say won’t be recommending BBQ Express in Welling to too many people
    D, Ive only used them things to deliver a handful of times and all been great but I read the reviews of the place they come from. I read reviews on that BBQ Express before I  ordered which stopped me in my tracks.

And, think about where it has to come from, order something closer to you. If you picked it up from welling and got all the way back to your house it would prob be cold as well.

There is 100% better places closer to you to get chicken and chips delivered.

• Options
    Never used any of them & expect I never will. Apart from usually having something in the fridge/ freezer to cook & then eat, if I ever want a takeaway I would either go direct (Dominoes or local chinese/Indian). Certainly wouldn't wait over TWO hours to have something to eat. Even if you don't drive surely it would be quicker to walk or get public transport & get it yourself.......or are we now living in a society where everyone is too lazy or too fixated with "apps" to do something themselves.

Mind boggling.
    Answer to you question; YES. Maybe that's why 70% of people in this country are overweight. If you think I'm exaggerating just observe people next time you're out. Oh, and by the way I could do with losing a little weight myself !
  • Options
    Use Just Eat perhaps 3 times a month. Never had a problem with them. 50 minutes is the longest I've had to wait, 30 minutes is more usual. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Got an Honest burger on Friday, I think I was one of about 5 things picked up as the deliveroo driver took an insane route, had to microwave my food. 

Other times been good. 

Pad Kee Mao at Thai Tiger on Trafalgar Road is top notch by the way. 
    Yeah, Thai Tiger is one of my go-to takeaways. Always pretty good.