Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deliveroo / Just Eat / Uber Eats

13»

Comments

• All these apps show how lazy we've all become.  We've got to have everything available at the press of a button.

Not a criticism of anyone on here, more a generalisation of the world we live in
  • on the rare occasions I've collected a take away it's only just warm enough by the time I've driven home (less than a mile).
    That's cos you're on a moped, fatty ;-)
  • Nice to see our man has secured his future.

• All these apps show how lazy we've all become.  We've got to have everything available at the press of a button.

Not a criticism of anyone on here, more a generalisation of the world we live in
    I absolutely agree GA.

I've explained this to my footman and he understands that from now on he will be collecting my curries on his bicycle.

Or is it a reflection  of how busy we are?  On Sunday I wanted a beef pancake but barely have time to eat, let alone go and get food, the fact that delivery is cheaper than collection is an added bonus, so at times it's a no brainer.

Or is it a reflection  of how busy we are?  On Sunday I wanted a beef pancake but barely have time to eat, let alone go and get food, the fact that delivery is cheaper than collection is an added bonus, so at times it's a no brainer.
    Prefer lemon and sugar
  • I live in an area which all of these companies have limited places to deliver to, also my previous place was the same. A bit annoying but suppose that's my fault for living somewhere remote, technically I can drive to KFC/Dominos/ Subway within 10 mins if no traffic but still its probably a risk they don't need (traffic, arriving cold) I would assume.
  • edited December 2019
    This thread reminded me of a funny incident with my wife. She'd bern out on the lash somewhere and got home in the early hours. The next morning she's hanging and is desperate for some kind of dirty takeaway to cure her. Goes on justeat and finds an amazing chip shop/kebab/pizza place that fits the bill. They even did a chicken parmo! She gets very excited and places an order for about 25 quids worth of grub. Ten minutes later we get a phone call from a confused chip shop owner in middlesborough, explaining that they don't deliver to wood green as its a bit too far! Turns out she put M22 as the postcode rather thsn N22. Sweet jesus...

Still haven't had a parmo.
  • If they did deliver it would probably be cold time it got to her though.
  • Deliveroo adverts, the ones that have not been banned as misleading .. The recipients of the creasy packets never say thanks .. no wonder manners in society are becoming extinct