Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ron Saunders RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think he was the player we put money into a bucket so the club could buy him, or has my memory completely gone
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I think he was the player we put money into a bucket so the club could buy him, or has my memory completely gone
    You're thinking of Ronnie Moore
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

I can recall the pleas to put a few coins in a bucket .. just a reminder that the current 'financial crisis' is just the latest in a long line. Our beloved club has spent many a year in intensive care so far as cash is concerned 
  • Options
    RIP - " And Sanders is our King " !
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Very small for a centre forward which completely belayed his very astute heading abilities, he was a real all action battler who always put in a honest 90 minute performance, scored some very good goals and became a firm favourite with us Addicks.
  • Options
    Did Dick Neve run onto the pitch with a microphone to interview him after the stay up? Sure I've had that tale regaled - #SoundAsa£? 
  • Options
    Did Dick Neve run onto the pitch with a microphone to interview him after the stay up? Sure I've had that tale regaled - #SoundAsa£? 
    Not me Ian.