Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many games does Bowyer lose before he’s not the man?

Comments

• Options
    Thé man for what ? Just asking.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It's a shame people didn't have the same mentality when it came to Karel Fraeye, who was on a similar run when he was sacked. Probably low level racism at play.
    Bowyer's overall record as Charlton Manager is:

Won 42 Drawn 19 Lost 28 = 1.63 points per game

That promotion should be proof enough that he can manage a decent squad and get them playing for him should be sufficient to buy him more time than Fraeye.

But, to be fair and compare like against like, this is Bowyer's record in the Championship:
    Won 6 Drawn 5 Lost 9 - 1.15 points per game

Fraeye's record:
    Won 2 Drawn 4 Lost 8 = 0.71 points per game

Bowyer's last 10 matches:
    Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 6 Scored 13 Conceded 18 (Minus 5 goal difference)
    In those matches we played 6 of the current top 8

Fraeye's last 10 matches:
    Won 0 Drawn 4 Lost 6 Scored 7 Conceded 23 (minus 16 goal difference)
    In those matches we played 3 of the eventual top 12 and lost to Colchester in the FA Cup who finished 2nd bottom in League 1

I hope that this helps you to see why people don't have the "same mentality" and to demonstrate that racism has absolutely nothing to do with it
    FFS it was a joke....trying to highlight the nonsense of the original post as there is clearly no comparison and at the time there was some pathetic suggestions that there was anti belgian sentiment. I even posted after my initial post that it was a wind up.

I'm sorry you've had to spend 20 minutes of your Saturday night trying to prove me wrong when there was no need. 

Clearly my nuanced humour is lost on some but I thought my post was so obviously bollocks...
  • Options
    At the moment Mourinho, pep,klopp,seed etc wouldn't be able to get a win out of this depleted squad so get a grip
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Lee Bowyer needs and deserves 100% support for not walking away when he could've got another Championship job.
    Any Donut can supports a team when they beat Derby, Stoke, Brentford or Leeds
    Top fans support their manager when it seems your cursed with sickness and injuries.

I wonder if someone at Bournemouth have posed the same question about Eddie Howe ? They had 8 Injuries to 1st teamers and then Ake does his Hammy against Liverpool early doors. 5 straight defeats.

100% support for Lee Bowyer.

I know it's a joke Thread But these things can catch fire.  

• Options
    What is the point in this thread? Attention seeking prick
  • Options
    I remember 20 years ago, the season we were first promoted to the Prem:

After a fantastic start, we went 18 games without a win.
    Can't remember people calling for Curbs to be sacked?

And, if he had been - we would have been denied winning the Championship by a street the next season, 12 wins on the spin, etc.
    Followed by 7 consecutive years in the Prem, beating the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Leave Bowyer to carry on with the good work, even if it is sometimes 2 steps forward and one step back.

• Options
    The End

• Options
    It's a shame people didn't have the same mentality when it came to Karel Fraeye, who was on a similar run when he was sacked. Probably low level racism at play.

That promotion should be proof enough that he can manage a decent squad and get them playing for him should be sufficient to buy him more time than Fraeye.

But, to be fair and compare like against like, this is Bowyer's record in the Championship:

Fraeye's record:

In those matches we played 3 of the eventual top 12 and lost to Colchester in the FA Cup who finished 2nd bottom in League 1

I hope that this helps you to see why people don't have the "same mentality" and to demonstrate that racism has absolutely nothing to do with it
    FFS it was a joke....trying to highlight the nonsense of the original post as there is clearly no comparison and at the time there was some pathetic suggestions that there was anti belgian sentiment. I even posted after my initial post that it was a wind up.

I'm sorry you've had to spend 20 minutes of your Saturday night trying to prove me wrong when there was no need. 

Clearly my nuanced humour is lost on some but I thought my post was so obviously bollocks...
    Having performed in spoken word clubs and pubs doing both serious and comedy can I please inform you that the audience decide if your comedy is funny or not. Timing is everything and your timing is terrible. 

When the thread title is questioning the validity of Lee Bowyer and like all decent fans we are supporting the beacon of light  which is Lee, I'm convinced that you might be better trying your nuanced humour on another thread.
    Nothing personal.

I'm waiting to hear from @Iainment if his was an attempt at humour (it failed) or we need to piss on this fire straight away ?

• Options
    It’s a really stupid question in my opinion. He has worked wonders on a mediocre budget and he’s the reason we are even in the Championship. He has my 100% support and given some decent backing he can take us back to the Premier League.

Whether the new owners will see things the same way is another matter for all we know. 
  • Options
    I give him until the new year. If he hasn't turned it around by then I dont think the new owners will want him wasting their money.

New manager bounce and all that. Look at Cardiff under Harris & Millwall under Rowett. Both have turned things around & got them on decent runs.

Today we werent that far shy of a decent team & by all acounts we were woeful. Probably only Lockyer & Williams to come into the 11 that started the 2nd half. You cant play all of the 12 that are currently out injured. To add to todays squad you could probably add JFC, Field, Oztumer & Aneke......and they would most likely start on the bench. 

Time for LB to change tack.....stop pissing about with the ball at the back & get it forward quicker. Use proper wingers who can run at defenders & cross with pace.....not defenders trying to fill in & do their job. We still have very little creatively in midfield & what we do have usually comes from Leko or Williams.

We have 2 massive games coming up. Both at home & neither opposition are going to threaten the top 6 this season. We need to start on the front foot & go all guns blazing.  But we are powder puff under floodlights & can't remember the last time we won a non weekend evening fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019

Fraeye's record:

Having performed in spoken word clubs and pubs doing both serious and comedy can I please inform you that the audience decide if your comedy is funny or not. Timing is everything and your timing is terrible. 

When the thread title is questioning the validity of Lee Bowyer and like all decent fans we are supporting the beacon of light  which is Lee, I'm convinced that you might be better trying your nuanced humour on another thread.
    Nothing personal.

I'm waiting to hear from @Iainment if his was an attempt at humour (it failed) or we need to piss on this fire straight away ?

Your comedy set must have been a bundle of laughs, you pompous twat (nothing personal)
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Fraeye's record:

Nothing personal.

Your comedy set must have been a bundle of laughs, you pompous twat (nothing personal)
    Sounds like you know me !
    A good retort.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    We will start winning again in a few weeks. No team can withstand the injuries we have had. It has been crazy. You can patch up a team like he has had to do and maybe get away with it for one or two games but this has been for too long. It will make him a better manager I'm sure and that is how he should look at it. But if anybody wants to question him after what he has done, they need to be shot down.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Good post Muttley.
    It's always darkest before the dawn and we are struggling big time all over the field.
    If a week is a long time in politics it's an eternity when your waiting for a decision to be made which could transform not only our finances but could give Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen a chance to operate on a level playing field with the top 6 clubs in this division, or at least not be the 24th side and shopping in the pound shop. Give them a chance to look in Harrods even if they feel it's over priced.
    The fans need to keep their nerve while this transition takes place.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Just asking? Given his appalling recent record.

This post makes some of my rubbish seem sensible.
  • Options
    If we lose the next two games I will be seriously worried - we're not competitive at present. We have a tough set of fixtures in Jan and need some points in Dec.
  • Options
    Staying up with Dushitelet still here, or going down with a new board.

Let me think about that one.
  • Options
    Cant believe I am giving this time of day,surely this is posted after a few beers when someone is a bit down.
  • Options

Fraeye's record:

At least four posters have replied thinking you were being serious - perhaps a little less subtle next time? Or perhaps a winky thing after your comment might help? Because there is nothing whatsoever to suggest that it was a joke (unless people recognise you for your "nuanced" humour of course). 

I'm sure that there are people out there who do genuinely believe it's time for LB to go. The opening poster for one. And if 20 minutes of my time has helped to demonstrate the difference between the two runs then it's not wasted. Especially if we do lose to Huddersfield on Tuesday when the "call for the sack" will, no doubt, become more vocal from certain areas.

• Options
    I give him until the new year. If he hasn't turned it around by then I dont think the new owners will want him wasting their money.

New manager bounce and all that. Look at Cardiff under Harris & Millwall under Rowett. Both have turned things around & got them on decent runs.

Today we werent that far shy of a decent team & by all acounts we were woeful. Probably only Lockyer & Williams to come into the 11 that started the 2nd half. You cant play all of the 12 that are currently out injured. To add to todays squad you could probably add JFC, Field, Oztumer & Aneke......and they would most likely start on the bench. 

Time for LB to change tack.....stop pissing about with the ball at the back & get it forward quicker. Use proper wingers who can run at defenders & cross with pace.....not defenders trying to fill in & do their job. We still have very little creatively in midfield & what we do have usually comes from Leko or Williams.

We have 2 massive games coming up. Both at home & neither opposition are going to threaten the top 6 this season. We need to start on the front foot & go all guns blazing.  But we are powder puff under floodlights & can't remember the last time we won a non weekend evening fixture.
    You wouldn’t have Cullen in your squad if he was fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    for me he will always be one of 'the men' .. he did wonders motivating and managing to get us promoted and this season has had to make do with a ridiculous amount of injuries, not a lot of cash to splash and having to select players who might try hard for him but are just not of the required quality
  • Options
    Give that Bowyer could have walked in the summer and was still only handed a pony contract, but decided to stay, it surely isn’t too difficult for fans to repay the loyalty ?
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Fraeye's record:

At least four posters have replied thinking you were being serious - perhaps a little less subtle next time? Or perhaps a winky thing after your comment might help? Because there is nothing whatsoever to suggest that it was a joke (unless people recognise you for your "nuanced" humour of course). 

I'm sure that there are people out there who do genuinely believe it's time for LB to go. The opening poster for one. And if 20 minutes of my time has helped to demonstrate the difference between the two runs then it's not wasted. Especially if we do lose to Huddersfield on Tuesday when the "call for the sack" will, no doubt, become more vocal from certain areas.

:)  ;)

point taken (although there are 10 LOLs for my initial post - not sure if they were laughing at me rather than with me, but I Iike to think they got it).
  • Options
    It was a comment about the fickleness of football supporters.
    Personally  I think Bowyer should be in charge for some time.
  • Options
    iainment said:

"
    Just asking? Given his appalling recent record"

So pleased you made it clear, because at least 15 of us thought you were talking about yourself and the fact you didn't mention the mitigating circumstances of recent times. 
  • Options
    You will look back on this post with horror in 12 months’ time. 
    Bowyer is the man and we are v lucky to have him. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

"Just asking? Given his appalling recent record"

So pleased you made it clear, because at least 15 of us thought you were talking about yourself and the fact you didn't mention the mitigating circumstances of recent times. 
    1 point in the last 6 games isn’t good.
    As I said though I don’t think he should go.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Back track wriggle wriggle back track!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Back track wriggle wriggle back track!
    Nothing like a bit of backtrack wriggling.