Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2019 ***

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Stunning how Labour are leading the CL poll compared to how voting actually went last night.

No point running any future CL polls they'll all return Labour in future and will also save more bickering.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:
    I voted labour but wasn't with enthusiasm.  I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Boris, even though i thought Corbyn was a terrible leader and one I couldn't relate to.  What a terrible choice, horrible election.  I wish we could just go back in time and stop this country eating each other up with hatred.

So much hate and anger about.  Its absolute shit. 

I fear it is much too late.
    I feel a huge amount of hatred for Tories and brexit voters, and for what I know of a considerable number of Charlton supporting posters on this forum.
    I am sure they feel the same way about me.
    I am at a loss to see how this can be changed.
    If I met certain Charlton supporters face to face, and knew who they were, I would not want anything to do with them.
    You may see that as my demon to wrestle with, I see it as being constantly on my guard.
    Hahahaha bloody hell, the tolerant left aye!! You need a holiday 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

Don't let bitterness eat you up .
    I am not concerned about bitterness, I am more interested in fighting back.
    Identifying the enemy is part of that.

So how do you propose to fight back? From what you've posted on here today, it would seem to be  to hate anyone who voted/thinks differently to you.
    What an ugly, joyless and self-pitying soul you must possess.

He's pissed off and I can understand that.

He's a nice guy really.
    Some time ago I posted that in real life, I'd imagine him to be a 'good egg'.
    But his hatred for people on here? Come off it.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

So how do you propose to fight back? From what you've posted on here today, it would seem to be  to hate anyone who voted/thinks differently to you.

One method I have of fighting back is persistence.
    Thanks for your judgement, it must be great to feel superior enough to do that.
  • Options
    Christ, you have got it bad.

Like the boss man said, I admire the fact you can openly say you hate fellow fans but can't endorse that attitude on the basis of opinion differences.

I just hope you hate me more for who I support than you do fellow lifers for having the audacity to vote for one of only two wholly unviable and unelectable candidates.
    I don't hate Millwall supporters for supporting Millwall.
    Just as I don't hate, and show that hatred, Karlan Grant for transferring to Huddersfield.
    Mind you judging by the reaction of large parts of the Charlton support, as well as the individual shouts of 'Grant you c*nt' when he came over to take a corner it may not only be me that feels hatred.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:
    I voted labour but wasn't with enthusiasm.  I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Boris, even though i thought Corbyn was a terrible leader and one I couldn't relate to.  What a terrible choice, horrible election.  I wish we could just go back in time and stop this country eating each other up with hatred.

I feel a huge amount of hatred for Tories and brexit voters, and for what I know of a considerable number of Charlton supporting posters on this forum.
    If I met certain Charlton supporters face to face, and knew who they were, I would not want anything to do with them.
    You may see that as my demon to wrestle with, I see it as being constantly on my guard.
    And what do you need?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

Persistence in what, exactly? 
    As for the rest of it - physician, heal thyself.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    Redskin said:
    seth plum said:
    LLLBH, Seth.

Persistence in what, exactly? 
    As for the rest of it - physician, heal thyself.
    Persistence in mentioning the Irish border is one 'exact' feature of my posts.
    I fail to understand your physician comment.
  • Options
    Seth, please. Put the keyboard down and step away from the computer for a bit. Winding yourself up like this (and allowing certain people to wind you up) is not good for you. Go take a breather, and find something to occupy your mind for a bit that isn't all this shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be leaving for the football very soon. Football has always offered me an escape.
  • Options
    Here's hoping that it'll be an improvement on the Huddersfield game then, otherwise it'll be dubious value as an escape :-)
  • Options
    Wahoo we can get our empire back.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

And what do you need?
    A cash injection after his bets yesterday:-)
  • Options
    Stuck to my common sense Remain principle and voted tactically to try to unseat the loathsome gravy train arselicking public school hard right whore that’s been openly self serving for a generation. His majority was dented but he remains in Westminster fellating the evil party animals as they drag our once proud nation ever more rapidly into economic disaster ruining the lives of all but the already hugely privileged. 
    Bye bye NHS bye bye overseas trade bye bye foreign owned industries bye bye welfare state
    Eat drink and be merry for come February you won’t be able to afford to
    merry Christmas make the most of it cos if you ain’t at Boris’s top table it’ll be the last one
    just wait and see who the Tory paymasters now manoeuvre in to replace the floppy haired shagging fuckwit 
    I hate to be you......living with paranoia thinking that there are outside sources pulling the strings.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Its over now. Let's hope the EFL pull their finger out and we can all unite and enjoy Charlton's rise.
  • Options
    Labour because I want to end child poverty and austerity and there’s more to life than a stupid EU exit. Plus Boris Johnson is possibly the most vile man to walk the planet. 
    Vying with Cummins and Raab for that honour. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Curb_It said:

And what do you need?
    A good laugh 😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    Labour because I want to end child poverty and austerity and there’s more to life than a stupid EU exit. Plus Boris Johnson is possibly the most vile man to walk the planet. 
    Vying with Cummins and Raab for that honour. 
    Fuck me, are these honestly the worst humans you two can think of? Go on, try a bit harder, I'm sure you could come up with one or two that are worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:
    Huskaris said:
    Erm... Don't buy it?
    But too many people will buy it because the only alternative will be to go veggie
    Ah so it's giving people more choice? Sounds good to me. 

Buy it, or don't buy it, it won't change the price of existing chicken that isn't like that... There are no safety concerns, the EU even agrees with this. 

I've never got the problem of it. It's a very emotive and strange reaction. I wouldn't have an issue with it. 

I would happily eat it.
    I'm not 100% certain that the EU would agree with your assessment of their position. 

Chlorine washing of foodstuffs is not, in and of itself, concerning, provided that stringent standards are followed in production. 

Where US chlorine washed chicken falls down, and where the EU has been against it, is because it is used to cover up (for want of a better phrase) unsanitary/unhygienic practices, banned in the EU, in US chicken farming and production.  The problem for consumers, particularly in a retail environment reliant upon cheap food, is that these practices also reduce costs, so that the cheapest option will often be that with the poorest practices. 

And, although avoided in the immediate conversation, reference was also made by @Addictedoldgit to growth hormone-fed/injected beef, about which the EU absolutely has safety concerns about the possibility of hormones being absorbed from beef products (I remember hearing tales, from those involved in food safety, of injected hormones not being fully absorbed before slaughter and what amounted to pellets of hormone being found in steaks), with the EU only allowing import of high quality, non-hormone enhanced beef from the USA, Argentina et al.

None of this would be a problem if consumers had a genuine choice, with clearly labelled produce.  But, guess what, one of the things that the USA trade negotiators will be seeking to do is remove the current EU labelling rules that give you some chance of identifying the origins of produce and ingredients....
    Excellent post.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!