Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your favourite movie ending scene

Comments

• Options
    Toy Story 3. 

.....and when someone starts the ‘greatest movie trilogy ever’ thread I’ll say the same. 

• Options
    Cache` (Hidden)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Mines probably the one about a Belgian Dictator, who storms through some red gates and turns around and says “I’ll be back”
  • Options
    CHG said:
    The Usual Suspects
    That’s mine as well. 
  • Options
    Breakfast at Tiffany’s with the rain and cat 🐱 
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Toy Story 3. 

.....and when someone starts the ‘greatest movie trilogy ever’ thread I’ll say the same. 

There’s 4 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Oldboy
    Synecdoche New York
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Toy Story 3. 

There’s 4 
    Of course. You are absolutely right. I haven’t seen 4 but I remember thinking at the time ‘Why?’ Why try and improve that perfect ending. 

But, you are right, my trilogy thread thing doesn’t work. Thanks for the reminder. 
  • Options
    Oldboy
    Synecdoche New York
    Forgot about 'Synecdoche'. For me, a masterpiece, but fully understand why people might loathe it.
    The preacher's monologue...wow.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Carry on up the Khyber - Lifting of their Kilts when under siege 

Life of Brian - Always look on the bright side of life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just putting this on.....will let you know. 

• Options
    Stardust, a proper ending unlike the shite and predictable film endings Mrs TT insists on watching. 
  • Options
    The ribbons on the lorry blowing in the wind at the end of I Am Not a Witch
  • Options
    Dr Strangelove
    Memento
    The Machinist
    The Mist

But Planet of the Apes is still the daddy for me. Maybe because I saw it as a kid and was truly gobsmacked. No Internet to spoil it then :smiley:
  • Options
    Saw was what I immediately thought when I saw the title 
  • Options
    Purple Rain
    Whiplash
    The Lives of Others
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Going back a bit but the closing scene with John Wayne in 'The Searchers'.
    I love some of the endings mentioned, The Usual Suspects, The Long Good Friday, The Good the Bad and the Ugly and (my favourite film ever) Zulu, but the ending for The Searchers is just great. Great choice.
  • Options
    Carrie. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Now, I am not much of a crier but some films can get to me every now and again. There isn't any rhyme nor reason to it. I recall having a tear in my eye watching Beauty and the Beast FFS! probably the most emotional ending for me was from Life is Beautiful. I won't describe it as it is a bit of a spoiler if anybody makes the effort to watch this beautiful subtitled movie. I promise you the subtitles won't annoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Off_it said:
    addick19 said:
    I love some of the endings mentioned, The Usual Suspects, The Long Good Friday, The Good the Bad and the Ugly and (my favourite film ever) Zulu, but the ending for The Searchers is just great. Great choice.
    Can anyone help me understand why Usual Suspects is so popular?

We find out that everything we’ve watched before the end was a lie. We’ve no idea if any of it actually happened. At most we know that there’s a bad guy called Soze and he killed a bunch of people to protect his identity, but not necessarily in the way that we saw. In fact we know that at least half the people - and potentially 90% of them - didn’t exist. That’s not a plot twist that’s... lame! 

Bryan Singer said “there’s no right answer” and I’d say that’s because the writing wasn’t smart enough to have one. Just a gimmick ending. Unlike, say, Inception where Nolan insists there is a definitive answer to whether or not Cobb is in the real world. 
  • Options
    Some great ones here. My favourite... The Usual Suspects incredible the first time you see it Honourable mentions to The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Toy Story 3 and the original Planet of the Apes.
  • Options
    The Crying Game?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off_it said:
    addick19 said:

We find out that everything we’ve watched before the end was a lie. We’ve no idea if any of it actually happened. At most we know that there’s a bad guy called Soze and he killed a bunch of people to protect his identity, but not necessarily in the way that we saw. In fact we know that at least half the people - and potentially 90% of them - didn’t exist. That’s not a plot twist that’s... lame! 

Bryan Singer said “there’s no right answer” and I’d say that’s because the writing wasn’t smart enough to have one. Just a gimmick ending. Unlike, say, Inception where Nolan insists there is a definitive answer to whether or not Cobb is in the real world. 
    It's a film. They're mainly all "lies".

It's a great film.
  • Options
    Carlito’s Way
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off_it said:
    addick19 said:

It's a great film.
    Guess I asked the wrong person. 
  • Options
    Dr Zhivago
  • Options
    The Breakfast Club...  for the music...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off_it said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off_it said:
    addick19 said:

It's a great film.
    Guess I asked the wrong person. 
    Meaning?
  • Options
    Sixth Sense