Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stranger Things.

Bows quote, "some things said were strange" ! Hopefully not "Roland" strange.  Just felt after that interview that I'd been kidney punched after a massive lottery win.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I know we are prone to hang on every word and over react, but it does make you wonder what’s coming, Gallen to get the chop?
  • Options
    They want him to ditch the v-necks. It's a deal-breaker. 
  • Options
    Surely can’t be stranger than the last 6 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    They might just be over eager and have an unrealistic time frame for winning things
  • Options
    Name change, badge change?
  • Options
    Eileen Drury incoming to help out in the treatment room?
  • Options
    They want to move us to the peninsula and have pot noodle be our title sponsor.

FACT
  • Options
    They want to move us to the peninsula and have pot noodle be our title sponsor.

FACT
    Feel free to whoosh, but are you being serious?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hearing that they're calling us Customers and want to put a three piece suite in one of the corners
  • Options
    Matt Southall wants to bring Warnock in as director of football.
  • Options
    Maybe they're hoping for play-offs this season? 
  • Options
    Maybe they're hoping for play-offs this season? 
    I just don't think that would warrant LB saying it was "strange", or even mentioning it in an interview at all, but who knows
  • Options
    Great interview from bowyer after the game saying he wasnt going to say anything as it stays behind closed doors and the person doing the interview was trying to get something out of him because he was annoyed with the ref and not thinking clearly haha
  • Options
    Strange means different according to Lee so I don’t see a problem. 
  • Options
    Put that reporter in her place.
  • Options
    Does strange mean unique? How weird....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we should take the use of the word strange literally, just for fun.

My guess is that instead of a sponsor we have a print of the owner's big fat naked belly printed on our shirts.
  • Options
    Maybe they will ask the Charlton Mosque to pray to Allah when the game goes into added time.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

• Options
    Strange as in we will play Messi in defence & Van Dijk up front.....obviously. 

Or strange as in he want Bows to name 7 subs for a change.
  • Options
    He clarified his comments and it doesn't really seem like much to worry about.

“I said ‘some strange things’ but obviously, Matt, if this happens, will have different ideas to what I’m used to,” explained Bowyer.

“That’s what I meant by strange. It doesn’t mean that it’s this crazy stuff. It’s just different to what I’ve heard in the past. It doesn’t make it too strange. Maybe I used the wrong word there. People can blow things out of proportion, trust me."

Now given that he's had to work with an owner who has never been to a game during his time as manager, there has been no management structure whatsoever, and our transfer dealings have had to be signed off by a kid who only knows players through the Football Manager game, then i guess any kind of normality will feel 'strange' to him.

• Options
    What sort of strange/different things do we need Matt to be saying to bowyer in an initial meeting? Sounds fishy to me and bowyer wouldn’t have said it otherwise - sounded like a veiled warning to us. 
  • Options
    Where’s that Simpson’s back tracking in to the hedge gif for Bowyer