Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal my god.

Comments

• Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:
    They will suffer from postwengerism the same way that Utd have suffered from postfergieism both managers didn't really leave the club with good squads and management didn't really get how to tackle the void they left 
    Come to think of it we still haven't recovered from curbs leaving 
    Oh I think we have recovered twice under both Powell and Bowyer

Sadly they've not had the boardroom backing to complete the recovery
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:
    They will suffer from postwengerism the same way that Utd have suffered from postfergieism both managers didn't really leave the club with good squads and management didn't really get how to tackle the void they left 
    Come to think of it we still haven't recovered from curbs leaving 
    Oh I think we have recovered twice under both Powell and Bowyer

Sadly they've not had the boardroom backing to complete the recovery
    We certainly haven't returned to the dizzy heights of the premier league where Curbs had us but we've exprerienced that feel good factor under both Powell and Bowyer for sure.
  • Options
    So bitter JohnBoy, mind you fully understandable as the Goonershite were the MK franchise of the early 1900s 😉.
  • Options
    Can understand people leaving 10-15 minutes early if you're getting a hiding but at half time is ridiculous. 

Think the last time i left a game that early was Yeovil away in that rain. 
  • Options
    There surely must be some Arsenal supporters who are like any other fan in the country who supports them through thick and thin without the delusions

Those seeing that video must be just as embarrassed as the rest of us

Thats even if they exist as reckon thats even doubtful!!
  • Options
    I imagine Arsenal will be desperate to get rid of Ozil now

Not because of his lousy performances on the pitch, but because his (fair) comments on China threaten masses of Chinese sponsorship and commercial income...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Can understand people leaving 10-15 minutes early if you're getting a hiding but at half time is ridiculous. 

Think the last time i left a game that early was Yeovil away in that rain. 
    Mine was at QPR in the cup but prior to that was back in the 60s when my Dad dragged me out as relegation looked nailed on until Cliff Durrandt scored with a banana shot. We heard the roar go up down at the level crossing. The win was good enough to keep our survival hopes alive and survive we did.
  • Options
    I imagine Arsenal will be desperate to get rid of Ozil now

Not because of his lousy performances on the pitch, but because his (fair) comments on China threaten masses of Chinese sponsorship and commercial income...
    Why would he agree to go anywhere?
    He can just stay there and sit out his contract.

Who would want him?
    They'd have to fork out for his wages AND they would risk the wrath of China too.

Ooops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Their stagnation/demise is our gain.
    I know many young family members who have given up going to the Emirates and have started going to the Valley instead.
    Long may  that continue x
  • Options
    Had completely forgotten just how much they paid for Xhaka, for some reason I thought it was only a few million. What an absolute waste.
  • Options
    And I’ve got tickets for Arsenal vs Man U New Year’s Day as a Christmas present for my brother... £90 a ticket!! Let’s hope they turn things around by then, but bringing in Arteta I really don’t fancy their chances... too inexperienced for the job at hand. 
  • Options
    And I’ve got tickets for Arsenal vs Man U New Year’s Day as a Christmas present for my brother... £90 a ticket!! Let’s hope they turn things around by then, but bringing in Arteta I really don’t fancy their chances... too inexperienced for the job at hand. 

Yeah it's completely ridiculous tbh. What Arsenal needs is a complete rebuild, something I'm not sure that Arteta can do.
  • Options
    They were even worse against Brighton last week.
  • Options
    If the South Norwood Diving Academy beat their county rivals tonight, or even draw, they'll be above Arsenal. And, sadly*, are likely to stay there on current form. 

Good luck to Brighton tonight!

This is not a particular endorsement of Arsenal. I know several genuine Arsenal fans who go, live in N London and know from experience that their "glory days" were the exception not the rule. I've a softer spot for them than most of the rest of the Sky 6. However, my view on where the Stripeys should be is playing regular derbies against Dulwich Hamlet (and losing).

• Options
    They are terrible and I'm loving every minute of it.

They'll always be the team that betrayed South London for me. I have lots of Arsenal mates who are solid good guys, but a lot of their fans deserve what they're getting, booing whenever they're not winning, like they're entitled to win every game.

Their decline is right up there with the birth of my children. :smile: Long may it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Typed these words many times before on other threads, but they are an embarrassment of a club, from the boardroom to the fanbase and everything in between.  

So many examples over the years, even when Wenger was there, highlighting what an absolutely clueless bunch they are.  I think the majority of it stems from how soft the players are and the soft mentality that has existed since Delap was loading their penalty box with throw ins up at the Britannia Stadium and Allardyce was antagonising them with victories at the Reebok in 2004.....

Yes, Wenger did a superb job for a number of years, but he was also to blame for the soft underbelly that has permeated throughout the club.  

Today, the blame lies squarely at the board, directionless since David Dein left whenever he did.  However, so many examples.  Selfies coming out the changing room when they beat Dortmund in a Champions League group stage game in September a few years ago.  Rapturous scenes when Welbeck scored a last minute winner against Leicester the season Leicester won the title, the game took place in February.  They had turned the corner when Wenger got that gritty result up at the Etihad a few years ago, that was very Mourinho like in approach, their fans convinced they could adapt, only for the fight for 4th place to overpower any sort of dignity in trying to change the way they played.  Wenger himself, so stuck in his ways, that he could not change his approach and imo, his arrogance that Arsenal could still walk the ball into the net, regardless of the fact it was no longer Fabregas, Van Persie and Henry spearheading the attack, and that they had been replaced by Welbeck, Walcott and Giroud.  

Ozil, the wettest, weakest player ever to grace the Premiership who wrote about the time in his autobiography that he almost cried when Mourinho subbed him and had a go at him at Real Madrid.  Sanchez who showed signs of brilliance and class, but sulked to get a move away because he thought he was better and the club just let it happen.  The fanbase that still laud the 20 man passing move and that goal they scored against Norwich at home who got relegated that season, as if they were about to see an invincible revival.  Clinging to the invincibles to this day.  This is despite the fact 6 or 7 teams have yielded more points totals in the history of the Premiership than the total that the invincibles achieved.  It was a fantastic achievement, but one that has given the whole club a misguided sense of belief that style is better than substance, and plays out everyday.  

They've had some great players, Wenger was a class manager, but they have been on a downward slope for a number of years now, and there isn't the backbone in the club, team or fanbase to turn it around.  They would do well to hire someone like Simeone and send Ozil to Siberia to do a stint in a labour camp to reverse the mentality that exists there, but they won't.  They'll continue to sign snowflakes, laud victories away to the likes of West Ham and continue to descend into soft obscurity with nothing players imo 

Bang on the money about David Dean.  The club has been on a downward spiral ever since.
  • Options
    Arsenal have massive issues behind the scene, a new manager won't solve that overnight. 

Indeed it was the exit of David Dein in 2007 which seems to have been the tipping point. 
  • Options
    I know they have their haters, but they go to every single game home and away so their opinions certainly count, but anyone who watches AFTV will know that to a man, they pretty much all lay the blame firmly at the door of Stan Kroenke. 

Arsenal have gone backwards under his ownership and last year when he bought out Usmanov, it was a disaster for Arsenal fans as they wanted Usmanov to buy out Kroenke.

They need a new owner and new leadership and to start again with a new direction. Changing the manager isn't going to do much as he'll still have Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis as centre backs.
  • Options
    I'm amazed it looks like they are going for Arteta!

Its either going to be a genius appointment or an absolute disaster.

Meanwhile, it appears Ancelotti is in Merseyside for talks with Everton.
  • Options
    all big clubs have gone through stuck in the mud times .. Man U, Liverpool, Man C, Villa, Wolves, all of them .. problem is that nowadays it takes a king's ransom to buy back the successful, good times
  • Options
    Tbf to Arteta, he has had some glowing praise from Pep, who said that he isn’t just a yes man but a very knowledgeable tactician and man manager (or man coach).

I do agree however, that he and Arsenal aren’t right for each other at this very moment.