Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal my god.

Comments

• Options
    And I’ve got tickets for Arsenal vs Man U New Year’s Day as a Christmas present for my brother... £90 a ticket!! Let’s hope they turn things around by then, but bringing in Arteta I really don’t fancy their chances... too inexperienced for the job at hand. 
    Could be a good game, two struggling mid table teams.
  • Options
    When you've had a manager for 15 or more years like Curbs, Fergie, Wenger the change is huge. They weren't just team managers but all three set the culture across the whole club / business. It is easy to underestimate the vacuum left but history shows it is very difficult to fill.

The consequence is clearly a long period of instability and lack of success without that leader showing the way.

Things can only get better? Seems not.
    Man U have been through it twice!  The Matt Busby era was filled with mediocrity and mediocre managers trying to find the Busby magic .. Frank O'Farrell anyone?
  • Options
    Arsenal's downfall is directly linked to their loss of backbone - people will always remember Wenger for the way he changed them as an attacking force but he also inherited the best back five ever to play as a unit in the top flight of English football namely Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Adams & Bould (plus Keown too). He also has two central midfielders in the shape of Vieira and Petit who could mix it as well as play.

The subsequent Wenger's Invincibles defensively back line of Lauren, Campbell, Toure and Cole were effective too with Vieira and Gilberto sitting in front. But he never succeeded in replacing them and bought player after player with flair but no idea how to defend.

Would Wenger or his successor have ever considered, for example, buying Johnny Evans (at £3.5 million too!)? Of course not because he's not a "footballer" - he's a defender - and Arsenal would rather invest in someone like David Luiz who has at least one mistake in him every game. Or what about an Ndidi as a defensive midfielder?

All successful teams have players who can and are happy to defend. Which is why Arsenal will only ever win the odd cup - a competition that allows you to beat lower league sides in the earlier rounds and one that you only have to step up for two or three games.
    A lot is said about Wenger inheriting a great back four, but as you point out, the invincibles were signed by him. Whatever anyone thinks of the Arsenal, they were always easy on the eye and played some superb attacking football. 

They need a manager that can build a team over the next five years. Personally I am not convinced that Arteta is that man, but then I know bugger all about him and his qualifications. I would have pushed the boat out for the Wolves manager if he were prepared to move. 

At the moment they need to pray that there front three don’t get injured as they are seriously crap everywhere else.
  • Options
    You see quite a few Arsenal shirts over here in USA worn by guys in their late 20's who jumped on the bandwagon in the early 2000's. They must be gutted now LOL
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    You see quite a few Arsenal shirts over here in USA worn by guys in their late 20's who jumped on the bandwagon in the early 2000's. They must be gutted now LOL
    So they also wear the red trousers that seem to be the thing for a substantial proportion of the north London based supporters?
  • Options

Regardless of what anyone thinks of ArsenalFanTV, I've always seen Robbie as a decent guy and seems to genuinely love his club. The people he interviews all just seem to be wind up merchants so I can see why fans are getting upset about AFTV giving them a platform to spout negativity, but you don't need to go attacking Robbie

Weird happenings at Arsenal atm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's sad blud.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks of ArsenalFanTV, I've always seen Robbie as a decent guy and seems to genuinely love his club. The people he interviews all just seem to be wind up merchants so I can see why fans are getting upset about AFTV giving them a platform to spout negativity, but you don't need to go attacking Robbie

Weird happenings at Arsenal atm
    Why are they singing the word “club” in a northern accent?
  • Options
    AFTV profit from the club doing badly. Fans calling them out on it. 
  • Options
    Sounds like Simon Jordan was listened to closely while debating with AFTV.
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Surely got to be a capital G there ?

Gooners are shite
    Depends.  Capital for a monotheistic one, lower case in the other case.
  • Options
    He posts the same content whether they win, lose or draw. 

The guy is an avid Arsenal fan who obviously wants the club to be successful and these people carry on like he wants them to lose. Just sums up Arsenal fans to be the absolute pricks that most of them are.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

The guy is an avid Arsenal fan who obviously wants the club to be successful and these people carry on like he wants them to lose. Just sums up Arsenal fans to be the absolute pricks that most of them are.
    But is it not true that AFTV has become more popular and viral outside of Arsenal because of the negative speeches and over-the-top post match rants? 

• Options

But is it not true that AFTV has become more popular and viral outside of Arsenal because of the negative speeches and over-the-top post match rants? 

Absolutely. And if you look on youtube almost all of their most viewed videos are of rants after defeats.

But that doesn't mean that the guy who runs it (Robbie) wants Arsenal to lose and deserves Arsenal fans abusing him at games. At the end of the day he's a loyal fan who will want his club to win.

AFTV would still get plenty of views and make him money if Arsenal were successful.
  • Options
    Reports say Arteta going for youth. Surely they have decent CDs if they let Ajayi go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear!   :D  
  • Options
    Final ball/ shot really poor so far from the Arse.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    lol. Just reading that the new manager is “happy” with their performance and attitude after they managed to secure a point away against the mighty Bournemouth. That’s “six defeats in the last seven games” Bournemouth.

And they managed two whole shots on target.

Beautiful.
  • Options
     :D   :D   :D
  • Options
    Defence at fault again, as has been their problem for the last 10 years.
  • Options
    They need a 6'5"  ball playing centre half who is a good friend of Ageymang. £10m Mr Arteta.
  • Options
    Pretty tough January coming up for Arsenal too.
  • Options
    I think it's Lacazette that is mate of Naby  .
  • Options
    I think it's Lacazette that is mate of Naby  .
    Seem to remember a picture of all three posted here.