Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Anyone a fan? 

John Frusciante is rejoining the band after ten years away and I couldn’t be more excited about it!!!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/12/john-frusciante-red-hot-chili-peppers/

Comments

• Anyone a fan? 

John Frusciante is rejoining the band after ten years away and I couldn’t be more excited about it!!!

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/12/john-frusciante-red-hot-chili-peppers/
    Great news! 
  • Brilliant stuff! 
  • They're never the same without him

Absolutely love RHCP
  • Amazing news. An absolute hero of mine. By the way era they were untouchable as one of the best bands in the world. Their work since John left has been really flat in my opinion. 

I have a feeling this has something to do with frusciante’s divorce a year or so ago where he’s been made to pay his ex a shit tonne of money every year to maintain her lifestyle. 
  • Scotch bonnets 
  • Not a patch on Bagrockers, Red Hot Chili Pipers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqoJ1_spiQ

• Yes but only in moderation they give me terrible heartburn.
  • Got my London stadium ticket for next year. Saturday 25th June. 

(Rather expensive!)
  • Looks like they're touring europe 
  • Yeah, would have loved to go see them in Florence but have something else booked that weekend. Also got London stadium tickets, should be great
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Got my London stadium ticket for next year. Saturday 25th June. 

(Rather expensive!)
    Just checked the prices, wow. I have noticed that for most shows the prices have gone through the roof since lockdown, I swear only a couple of years ago the big shows would be about £65 for standing, everything I've seen lately has been around the £90 mark.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)
    Just checked the prices, wow. I have noticed that for most shows the prices have gone through the roof since lockdown, I swear only a couple of years ago the big shows would be about £65 for standing, everything I've seen lately has been around the £90 mark.
    Making up for lost concerts clearly, and people who have been starved of live music will be willing to pay through the nose for it
  • Half a chance they headline Sunday at Glastonbury, there's nothing on the calender atm that clashes. 
  • Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)
    Must be selling well - second London concert added for Sunday 26th.
  • Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)
    Well that knocks Sunday glasto headliner in the head lol 
  • Saw them with Josh a couple of years ago but couldn’t resist tickets for this tour now John is back. Busy on the London date so bought tickets for Glasgow and making a weekend of it. 

Praying the album is good, I’ve not rated anything they’ve done since SA but I’m confident it will be with Frusciantes magic on it
  • shine166 said:
    Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)
    Well that knocks Sunday glasto headliner in the head lol 
    Also means I’m going all the way to Glasgow for no f’in reason ffs 
  • Just got my tickets for London on the 25th! 
  • colthe3rd said:
    Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)

I don't want to say how much I paid for a 1 seat ticket. Bit embarrassing

I sort of already regret it but I probably won't see them live again. They're getting old, new albums on the way and the original peak band members are united again.

By June next year, I won't be thinking about the price 😢

Actually, I probably will be 
  • Saw them with Josh a couple of years ago but couldn’t resist tickets for this tour now John is back. Busy on the London date so bought tickets for Glasgow and making a weekend of it. 

Praying the album is good, I’ve not rated anything they’ve done since SA but I’m confident it will be with Frusciantes magic on it

Glasgow will be good 👌👌 cheaper then London and only 35,000 seats 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    I like em but in the funk-metal genre prefer Primus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
  • I like em but in the funk-metal genre prefer Primus...

So do I! Frizzle Fry is a masterpiece 
  • Dave2l said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)

I don't want to say how much I paid for a 1 seat ticket. Bit embarrassing

I sort of already regret it but I probably won't see them live again. They're getting old, new albums on the way and the original peak band members are united again.

By June next year, I won't be thinking about the price 😢

Actually, I probably will be 
    Oh I'm not trying to shame anyone who has bought any, if it was someone I was desperate to see then I would. It was more a general observation of ticket prices post lockdown.
  • Got tickets for the Sunday. Crazy prices but have been a long time fan and not sure there will be another big tour.

Hope the new album is an improvement on the recent stuff though.  

IMO RHCP with Frusciante in is a completely different band in terms of quality to RHCP without JF. I don't exactly know what it is but they're just nowhere near as catchy and enjoyable without him.

Would love to have tickets for the gig but it was just too expensive atm, hopefully the albums good at least. 

IMO RHCP with Frusciante in is a completely different band in terms of quality to RHCP without JF. I don't exactly know what it is but they're just nowhere near as catchy and enjoyable without him.

Would love to have tickets for the gig but it was just too expensive atm, hopefully the albums good at least. 
    Agreed. Some of his solo stuff is pretty good as well. Plus he’s the only band member that’s not a complete arsehole :)

Might be worth checking Twickets just before the London dates. For big gigs like this there’s sometimes a few people getting rid of spares for less than they paid. 
  • I hope they play some b sides from old albums. The good ones, between 1990-2007. The 2016 getaway album is pretty good too.

I'm not too fused about a few of their big songs. "Tell me baby" does nothing for me, personally. 

• colthe3rd said:
    Dave2l said:

(Rather expensive!)
    New tour prices are eye-watering at the moment. A few mates were going to see Foo Fighters at London Stadium, but it was £120! 
  • 2 tickets @£106 each, expensive but worth it with John back in the band.