Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xmas Threads 2019 - Christmas Boozing

edited December 2019 in Not Sports Related

things are starting to ramp up so what are the booze plans around the festivities.

Do you drink different things on different days?

How early do you start on Xmas Day? And with what?

What's accompanying you with your dinner and what will you turn to in the evening?

Straight back on it again on Boxing Day or give it a rest?

Anyone play any drinking games this time of year? If so, what?

Booze, Booze, Booze...

Comments

• Sink a few bucks fizz in the morning, wine with dinner, beers in between, move on to port, whiskey and rum in the evening, Bailey's before bed. Boxing Day is cocktails with family and friends (I'm a bartender so they expect me to show off etc.) 
  • Bucks Fizzes for us in the morning, a Cider before lunch at the bar in the restaurant, wine with lunch, maybe a cheeky port or two at the end of the meal and then whatever we fancy as the evening takes shape.

Boxing day will be a similar story although we are cooking in the log cabin so me and my son in law may sneak out to sample the Cornish Cider.
  • Usually start around 12, while I'm cooking the dinner. A few bottles of Hoegaarden then champers with dinner followed by a Kir Royale or two with desert.

Bit of a break in the afternoon (maybe a G&T if I fancy one) then back on the Hoegaardens while we play Monopoly and cards a bit later. Usually finish off with Baileys in the evening.

Don't tend to drink as much on Boxing Day but will be a combination of the drink mentioned above again. 

• my word @bobmunro

my liver's biggest fear is getting in a round with you !

It's a very special day - it isn't my usual daily intake you understand! 
  • bobmunro said:

my word @bobmunro

my liver's biggest fear is getting in a round with you !

It's a very special day - it isn't my usual daily intake you understand! 
    Dont usually have the second bottle of Merlot then? ;)
  • Now let me get this straight. I am not an alcoholic!!

The last drink I had was on Tuesday this week where I shared a bottle of very nice Malbec during a business lunch. Before that I can go back more than a week when I had my last drink, and sometimes I can go weeks on end without touching a drop.

We will sketch over the fact that I'm out tonight on the lash, and tomorrow at QPR on the lash!! 
  • edited December 2019
    normally the champagne is open with breakfast but i don't drink it as it gives me acid so will crack open a beer after breakfast when i'm out the shower, pub 12-3 then home for dinner and on the stella all day then crack open the jonnie walker in the evening.

as we are at a friends house in Borough Green i haven't got a clue what time we are getting there or if i'll be going to the pub or anything
  • Sponsored links:

• Champagne, all the way this year for the whole family, after @bobmunro gave me the heads up on the Michael O'Neill appointment.
  • Christmas Eve out for our customary curry with the boys and then out on the piss til 1-2ish

Wake up and wake the whole family up at 6
    At least a bottle of bucks fizz down by 8
    Head down for a couple of hours
    In the pub by noon for a solid session of beer
    Couple more at home until dinner is served
    Red wine with dinner
    Ameretto for desert
    Glass of Brandy with my grandad and maybe a couple of glasses of scotch

3 Fruity Ciders to take the edge off of the hangover
    Beers at Charlton and then flight straight back to Switzerland from there
  • Usually...

Start off with a Buck’s Fizz or two with breakfast. 

Then at some point in the morning I’ll move onto whatever pale ale/ipa takes my fancy, this will carry on until Christmas dinner where I’ll have champagne/Prosecco (depends who is hosting).

As the evening progresses I’ll move onto various gins with various tonics.

However...

This year I’m in Thailand so it’s probably going to consist of copious amounts of Chang or Singha and a bit of shite gin with tonic - the crystal clear water and snorkelling should help though :D
  • Usually...

Start off with a Buck’s Fizz or two with breakfast. 

Then at some point in the morning I’ll move onto whatever pale ale/ipa takes my fancy, this will carry on until Christmas dinner where I’ll have champagne/Prosecco (depends who is hosting).

As the evening progresses I’ll move onto various gins with various tonics.

However...

This year I’m in Thailand so it’s probably going to consist of copious amounts of Chang or Singha and a bit of shite gin with tonic - the crystal clear water and snorkelling should help though :D
    Boxing Day for me, traditionally starts with a football match between the over 35s vs the under 35s of my local village (with the overs winning with devious rules and tactics).

And then a quiz with horrendous amounts of lager and eating the rest of the villages’ leftovers. I love Boxing Day.
  • Up at 6am to open presents accompanied by a 2 litre bottle of White Lightening Cider

A couple of Jager bombs at around 8am to get me geed up for mass

Holy communion wine at mass (and I take a small hip flask of brandy to supp throughout the service)

Back home around midday so I'll have four cans of Tennent's Super whilst waiting for dinner

Two bottles of white wine with dinner (to myself)

Settle down for the Queen's speech at 3pm with four more cans of Tennant's Super

Afternoon movie with another 2 litre bottle of White Lightening Cider

Couple of Tequlia Slammers after this to liven me up a bit before the cheese and biscuits

Four more cans of Tennent's super after this accompanied by some whiskey chasers

In the evening I'll take it easy and just have a bottle of vodka (just with some ice - no mixer).

Then probably a final couple of Absinth shots before bed (just to help me sleep).

Probably take it easy Boxing Day as I have to drive to The Valley in the afternoon.

Lightweight. No sniff?
  • Up at 6am to open presents accompanied by a 2 litre bottle of White Lightening Cider

Holy communion wine at mass (and I take a small hip flask of brandy to supp throughout the service)

Back home around midday so I'll have four cans of Tennent's Super whilst waiting for dinner

Settle down for the Queen's speech at 3pm with four more cans of Tennant's Super

Couple of Tequlia Slammers after this to liven me up a bit before the cheese and biscuits

Four more cans of Tennent's super after this accompanied by some whiskey chasers

In the evening I'll take it easy and just have a bottle of vodka (just with some ice - no mixer).

Then probably a final couple of Absinth shots before bed (just to help me sleep).

Probably take it easy Boxing Day as I have to drive to The Valley in the afternoon.

Lightweight. No sniff?
    Bags at mass would be needed surely? 

Lightweight. No sniff?
    I'm sure the priest will be passing the poppers about
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't eat and drink , my stomach will just explode ...

So i'd concentrate on food Christmas day 

I'm a shit skier and shit drinker , not a good recipe

beer and sometimes drink some vile toffee vodka shit utter rank on the slopes 

mate who i'm away with is nearly an alcoholic,  so always looking for a drink 

Lightweight. No sniff?

I have an emergency packet but am saving that for Boxing day.

Lightweight. No sniff?

Don't want to ruin my dinner.

Lightweight. No sniff?

I have an emergency packet but am saving that for Boxing day.
    As Mehmet said - Lightweight. 

That's more like it - I don't feel I'm on my own now.
  • It's Started! 

just got back from the pub and Top of the Pops is on BBC4. yes ive been dancing to Buckz Fizz land of make believe and what?! now a bit of human league.  
  • edited December 2019
  • It's Started! 

just got back from the pub and Top of the Pops is on BBC4. yes ive been dancing to Buckz Fizz land of make believe and what?! now a bit of human league.  
    Oh gawd, I’m gonna start crying again...
  • It's Started! 

Must have been difficult making your mind up what to watch