Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew & Powell To Take Over at Den Haag

124»

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    iaitch said:
    SDAddick said:
    Also, I continue to be baffled about why Chris Powell continues to assistant coach for these thoroughly mediocre managers, Pearson and Pardew. 

I'm happy that he's taken the step into assistant coaching. I think there are things he could learn. ESPECIALLY by doing so on the continent. I think his teams could be more flexible and better generally in possession, and look to break sides down accordingly instead of just trying to get crosses in or hit teams on the break. He seems a thoroughly lovely human being, and I wish him all the success in the world. But he's not going to learn much under the likes of Pardew and Pearson. 
    Agree on Pardew, quite like Pearson personally. 
    Agree with that, Watford were going down but Pearson has given them a chance of staying up now.
    James Pearson set the foundations for Leicesters Premiership winning g campaign

• Options
    Alan Pardew's last three league wins?
    One in 2016, one in 2018 and one in 2020!
    Genuinely.......
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Alan Pardew's last three league wins?
    One in 2016, one in 2018 and one in 2020!
    Genuinely.......
    If you say it like that people automatically say but how long was he unemployed.

Left Palace 22nd December 2016
    Joined WBA 29th November 2017

Left WBA 2nd April 2018
    Joined Den Haag 24th December 2019

Only winning 1 game in each  2016, 2018 and 2020 is terrible, but he has an excuse for 2017 and 2019, the fact apart from 1 month in 2017 he wasn't a manager really for those 2 years lol

But when you look at it as 3 wins in his last 38 league matches it is a terrible record and he just needs to give it up now.
  • Options
    Pardew has a new job

He is now Technical Director at CSKA Sofia
    What a random appointment
  • Options
    I didn't realise that Chris Powell, after leaving Den Haag in April ......... was appointed as head of coaching for the Spurs Academy, 
    while continuing his job as a coach with England.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I didn't realise that Chris Powell, after leaving Den Haag in April ......... was appointed as head of coaching for the Spurs Academy, 
    while continuing his job as a coach with England.

I didn’t know that either!
  • Options
    Pardew has a new job

He is now Technical Director at CSKA Sofia
    That is incredibly bizarre.

The club statement says: “He will help with his vast experience and contacts in the overall development of the club and attracting players to the team.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shall we start a sweepstake on how long he lasts?

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    iaitch said:
    Shall we start a sweepstake on how long he lasts?

Have we got time?

He'll be there for years, have you seen the state of Bulgarian crumpet?
  • Options
    I assume he signed and then said where's this Sofia woman?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Sorry to piss on your chips but the appointment is actually at CSKA Sofas where Pardew will be part of the three-piece suite sales team.
    I wouldn't put the big nosed cnut in charge of four delux velor cushions...