Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xmas Threads 2019 - Best, worst and WTF presents

edited December 2019 in Not Sports Related
Ok, it’s 6:30am on Christmas morning, you must be up for one of two reasons, either to put a massive bird on the oven or you are excited to see what wonderful gifts Santa has delivered.

As with other years it’s great to read what the best and worst pressies are from other lifers.

Mine, don’t know yet, I am up before the kids, we open them together but with them being 19 and 22 I am not expecting to open anything soon 🙄. I will report back when opened though.

over to you.

Comments

• Best
    How to ride a bike by Chris Hoy

Worst
    Huge slabs of chocolate from a neighbour that I can't eat.      Nice thought though.
  • Best - Garmin Forerunner watch that has been recommended by a few on here

and my desk calendar of monthly pics of my kids. Had one since they were 1 so bit of a tradition 
    What time did they get up Dan? ;-)

• Proper Charlton gifts this year. Charlton shirt from the mother and a Steam Train Driving experience from the other half! Which is better though? Merry Xmas
  • Best- our joint gift.....our puppy born in November and coming home in January.
  • Best: a skydive 
  • Best
    The wife paying for the Swansea overnighter next week.
  • So far the best is a Ryobi Router for my woodworking however as we are in Cornwall and will not see our son we are being given a joint present from our son & daughter on Sunday when we get home and I have a feeling it’s a good one.
  • Sponsored links:

and my desk calendar of monthly pics of my kids. Had one since they were 1 so bit of a tradition 
    Brilliant watches those mate. Get a strava account if you dont have one. Theres a cl group.

Best- kindle fire. Wasn't expecting anything like that so well chuffed as will get hammered on my long commute.

Worst- hangover and 5 hrs sleep after staying up to watch pulp fiction for the 300th time then falling down a youtube hole until the early hours
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Best - Garmin Forerunner watch that has been recommended by a few on here

Enjoy anaysing your data to the n-th degree, it gets addicitve.  Get yourself a strava account if you havent got one already and get the data to auto-sync from Garmin Connect!
    Just seen this after posting mine. Well addictive!
  • I got a couple of good ones: New headphones and tickets to see Jimmy Carr at Brixton O2 in july.

I also got 4 gifts of different people alcohol related (drink related gifts have overtaken smellies, not sure what to make it that).

• I have still to receive a gift from my mum so WTF gift is still to arrive.
  • One of my daughters got us vouchers to a Cat Cafe, might he lame to some but it is something for us to do together, easily my best present. Worst is alcohol, got more than ever this year and as I have been on potent painkillers for a month and likely for months to come, due to a ruptured shoulder not something I can have.

What Forerunner watch was it? - Been using the 235 since my return to running and they are bloody useful!!
  • Best gift so far: Lego Ship in a Bottle (Do love their sets that look great display items!!)

Worst gift so far: My son's toot toot Garage, was a bastard trying to put it together!!
  • Socks, you know what they say about men with big socks. Mrs GA brought me a pack of 5 pairs, size 6-8, is she trying to tell me something? I’m a size 11.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got some socks from my kids, a bottle of famous grouse from my parents (over to the whisky thread go I!) And some money... I'm only 39 and fully employed after all.

That is actually it. Got some concert tickets for the summer as a joint present. 

Kids having a great time, about to go to the park on their new bikes, so will probably end up with some sort of accident
  • Best present was matching Brady jerseys for me and my puppy.

Worst was a dove wash kit.

Most WTF was a Guinness bottle opener and a tankard with a Guinness logo on it, never drunk the black stuff before
  • Best-A family trip to Hawaii last year. This time last year I was drinking a pina colada in the infinity pool served by a super cute waitress, take me back

Worst and WTF-In my prepubescent years, mom thought I was being way too moody, way too often, so she bought me a gigantic punching bag so I had something to take my anger out on. Never used it once, early teenage years were so bloody confusing. Waste of 150 bucks

• I received two brilliant presents.

A little desk Henry.

I am a little bit over the top when it comes to sharing a keyboard at work, now I won’t have to remove the keys every few weeks to clean it. Little Henry can do the job.

A grey sweatshirt with 
      NOW I HAVE
    A MACHINE GUN
       HO-HO-HO

written in red.

Should of posted that on the film thread.
    Might not be able to wear it in public, but a great present.
  • muppetman said:
    I received two brilliant presents.

A little desk Henry.

I am a little bit over the top when it comes to sharing a keyboard at work, now I won’t have to remove the keys every few weeks to clean it. Little Henry can do the job.

A grey sweatshirt with 
      NOW I HAVE
    A MACHINE GUN
       HO-HO-HO

written in red.

Should of posted that on the film thread.
    Might not be able to wear it in public, but a great present.
    Does your little Henry have a little cardigan?