Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any early news on Gallagher’s injury?

Comments

• Options
    Knock on the hip
  • Options

It’s just a knock,” added Bowyer when asked about Conor Gallagher, who was withdrawn during the Bristol City game.

“He tried to run it off but he couldn’t. So, he had to come off. It’s on his hip I think, it looked like his hip. He was struggling before the game. His glute and hip area was not good. He hasn’t trained since the last game.

“Today, he had a fitness test and got through the fitness test. There is no one else. I keep saying it but it is the fact. There is no one else to play.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-provides-charlton-injury-round-up-as-jonathan-leko-is-ruled-out-for-the-season/

• Options
    Doubt he'll be risked for the Derby game
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Might be on the bench, I think this is a game we will target for a win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A new kit for the injured members of the squad?
  • Options
    Think conor will be fine, seems to have flown over to see his missus in Ireland after the game yday so cant be that serious. Maybe starts on the bench on Monday 
  • Options
    Think conor will be fine, seems to have flown over to see his missus in Ireland after the game yday so cant be that serious. Maybe starts on the bench on Monday 
    Was he playing Football on the flight then? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Maybe he has flown to Ireland because he won't be playing on Monday. He's been running on empty for a while now.
  • Options
    Maybe he has flown to Ireland because he won't be playing on Monday. He's been running on empty for a while now.
    A distinct possibility.
  • Options
    I’ve been saying for a few weeks that he’s totally done in 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    If Gallagher is out for Monday I expect the midfield will be Pratley/Oshilaja, Morgan and Doughty. Loses a bit of wing play from Doughty which is a shame but not many other options. Guess it could be Pratley, Oshilaja and Morgan but with 3 centre backs it's very defensive.
    Oh and then there's always Ledley... 
  • Options
    Or a surprise return of Williams......or Aneke.....or Oztumer 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    I'd like to think we go into every game targeting a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Fortunately, in an away game there is less onus on creating things. Keep it tight, frustrate and grab what you can get. In terms of Gallagher, if he has gone to Ireland, I expect he is doing it for a rest and recharge given this is the busiest few days in the season. Doubt we will see him next game.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    At this time of year with the glut of games and our decimated squad, some form of prioritisation is necessary to target the most winnable games
  • Options
    I don't think you can identify the easy games to win in this league. Better teams may be more open and give you more opportunities.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    At this time of year with the glut of games and our decimated squad, some form of prioritisation is necessary to target the most winnable games
    Something Riga did expertly in his first spell. 
  • Options
    Hang on a minute, I thought Conors missus lived in Sidcup?
  • Options
    Oshilaja, Morgan, Ledley and Doughty with Pratley in defence
  • Options
    Hang on a minute, I thought Conors missus lived in Sidcup?
    The two timing cheat 
  • Options
    Oshilaja, Morgan, Ledley and Doughty with Pratley in defence

Basically if Gallagher doesn’t play then it’s a massive weakening of the team. No other way to look at it - that line up isn’t what you want to be going in to Derby away, a vital game, to win the midfield and create goals 
  • Options
    Not sure why Wiredu hasn't been recalled.
  • Options
    Not sure why Wiredu hasn't been recalled.
    Like Maloney its a League loan, players can only be recalled in Transfer Windows

We were able to recall Morgan / Doughty because Non-League loans arent restricted