Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastwood interest confirmed ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]If we don't get him for the sake of £500k that'll be poor

yes but that 500k could resurrect the womens team. At the end of the day we have a set amount of money and have to spend it wisely. If we had kept the women on but missed out on Eastwood for the sake of 500k imagine the uproar then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]If we don't get him for the sake of £500k that'll be poor

Depends on what Pards sees as his strike pairing. If we are trying to buy Eastwood to be our main man, then £2m seems reasonable. If Pards is not 100% convinced and sees him as 3rd choice, then its a lot of money.
  • Options
    i still think that a 1st choice striker will be bought in. eastwood and iwelumo up front and varney on the wing?
  • Options
    Not sure why all these people think Varney has been bought to play on the wing. He's been bought to score goals, he will play upfront. Next people will be saying we should buy a centre half & play him in midfield. We did not shell out £2.5m on a forward to stick him out wide believe me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not sure why all these people think Varney has been bought to play on the wing. He's been bought to score goals, he will play upfront. Next people will be saying we should buy a centre half & play him in midfield. We did not shell out £2.5m on a forward to stick him out wide believe me.

i'm simply suggesting that pards could do similar to what he did at west ham and play varney in a similar role to zamora
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

yes but that 500k could resurrect the womens team. At the end of the day we have a set amount of money and have to spend it wisely. If we had kept the women on but missed out on Eastwood for the sake of 500k imagine the uproar then.

After long and serious consideration I've decided not to bite!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Spoilsport !! Just seen that Wolves have had a bid rejected for Matty Fryatt at Leicester. Does this mean they have switched targets as they have lost out on Eastwood ??
  • Options
    Wolves have had a bid accepted for Eastwood, they are expecting Charlton to come back with an improved offer as well - according to Sky Sports

Sky Sports
  • Options
    Nothing new, Sky have completely taken it from the earlier Echo article
  • Options
    Using my recently installed bablefish football talk translator this comes out as.

"We're hoping Charlton get involved to start a bidding war and push the price up."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed for Wolves this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    On the Wolves site it says they have agreed personal terms but it doesn't say that he's signed. The Kent Messenger is reporting that we're ready to hijack the move...

by Tony Hudd
    CHARLTON are ready to step up their interest in Southend United's top-scorer Freddy Eastwood with a £2million offer for the 23-year-old striker.

While Eastwood was at Wolves on Wednesday undergoing a medical, Charlton manager Alan Pardew was waiting in the wings ready to top their offer.

The player has made no secret of his preference to remain living at his Basildon home, which is 30 miles from The Valley and even closer to Charlton's training ground.

The Addicks are thought to have had a £1.5million offer rejected but are prepared to match and beat Wolves' offer for the former West Ham YTS trainee who scored 65 goals in 135 games for Southend since signing from local semi-professional club Grays Athletic in 2004.

Pardew would not be drawn on Eastwood, though he is known to be a long-time admirer of the player. Ironically, Eastwood spent time on trial with Charlton before joining Southend.
  • Options
    I'll bet we have already done our striker business for the season with Todorov. Cannot see us signing 4 in one summer.
  • Options
    We have already let 3 go and hopefully Marcus will make it 4
  • Options
    Think we are stuck with Marcus :-(

Think a few people will eventually have to take their heads out of the sand & realise that nobody wants him & we are well & truly stuck with him.
  • Options
    Done deal according to Wolves website.

We will regret this, the boy will score loads in a decent CCC side.
  • Options
    It says he is still to sign - he has only agreed personal terms. We still have a chance to hijack the deal if we really want him
  • Options
    looks like this deal is still a possibility with a statement like this....

freddy deal still on?
  • Options
    if we do sign eastwood, wolves will look proper mugs

freddy
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has hit back at claims that Freddy Eastwood has agreed a four year contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The Molineux side's chief executive Jez Moxey claimed a deal with Eastwood had been agreed following discussions and a medical.

The Midlanders are believed to be offering £2million for the forward.

But Martin this evening insisted a deal with Wolves has not been finalised.

And he believes Eastwood could still end up at Charlton Athletic.

"The Club have allowed Freddy Eastwood to speak to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday afternoon," confirmed Mr Martin.

"However, what Wolverhampton have subsequently announced today is incorrect. We have not agreed to accept any offer for Freddy.

"Wolves have agreed to meet our minimum criteria and on that basis we were happy for them to talk to our player.

"This afternoon Charlton Athletic improved their offer by changing the structure and they too are keen to secure the services of Freddy Eastwood.

"It remains a two horse race and we will have to await the outcome over the next few days.

"My only responsibility, as always, is the interests of Southend United and its shareholders and I will act and react accordingly."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    If he's agreed terms then why did he leave Wolves without signing, unless he wants to hear the offer from another team before deciding were to go. I think we have the money to offer more wages than Wolves, plus he won't have to move home/caravan site if he signs for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite] he won't have to move home/caravan site if he signs for us.

He's a traveller Peakie, that's what he does!

Hope he signs.
  • Options
    eastwood has deffo signed for wolves. just confirmed on their OS. never mind, onward and upwards!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]eastwood has deffo signed for wolves. just confirmed on their OS. never mind, onward and upwards!

that's been on there all afternoon. The Southend chairman has since stated a deal hasn't been signed.
  • Options
    It's the same article that was on there earlier today - he's agreed terms but not actually signed. The Southend Chairman has since said what is in AFKA's post above. So there is still hope
  • Options
    no there's a new message out about 15 minutes ago from their chairman.
  • Options
    Have you got a link to it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Bugger
  • Options
    i'm disappointed but plenty more fish in the sea and all that. who now though, i've seen ellington's name mentioned?