Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastwood interest confirmed ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sahar on loan has been mentioned at lot as well
  • Options
    just as you got your hopes up and thought we'd do a professional gazumping on someone else for a change, i can't believe he'd choose wolves over us on anything other than the money offered, i hope us trying to be astute didn't scupper what could've been a very good transfer
  • Options
    at the mo i'd prefer Mancienne and Smith but Sahar would be a good signing.
  • Options
    I guess Wolves always had the edge on us because they made their initial approach weeks ago. We had to wait until we sold Bent
  • Options
    southend fans reckon a lot of it was he's best mates with Kightly and i'm sure he'll be first choice there as well.
  • Options
    Looks like Wolves have completed ............
    Eastwood to Wolves
  • Options
    onwards and upwards. There are plenty more fish in the sea. Chopra/Ellington ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]southend fans reckon a lot of it was he's best mates with Kightly and i'm sure he'll be first choice there as well.

Good point. Here he'd be battling for a place with Iwelumo, Varney and now Todorov. Plus the fact they had been in contact for a couple of weeks and done all the groundwork gave them a headstart and probably made him feel wanted. Personally I'm relieved but time will tell.
  • Options
    you might have to put sahar in the equation too, if the rumours are true.
  • Options
    If we assume we are to sign another striker, the fact we wanted Earnie and Eastwood seems to suggest that, then I would rule Sahar out. If we sign AN Other plus Iwelumo, Varney and Todorov plus Dickson the wild card that'll be five strikers. If Chelsea send Sahar out on loan they are going to want some assurances that he'll play and I can't see us being able to do that. Sahar may have been an option but the fact Chelsea were only willing to loan for three months and the signing of Todorov make it unlikely in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]i'm disappointed but plenty more fish in the sea and all that. who now though, i've seen ellington's name mentioned?

Radzinski is available on a free - could do a job wide left as well as up-front
  • Options
    i'm disappointed we missed out, particularly as i think he will score goals, but judging from the fact Pardew preferred to get the Varney deal signed and sealed, and waited to very late to bid for Eastwood, i don't think this is a player Pardew was busting a gut to get.

I think Eastwood probably realised that.
  • Options
    Hard not to get dissapointed about this as I have seen him play quite a few times at CCC level in a crap side and absolutely run the show.

Should have signed him with the Varney money and left Varney for later in the summer, IMO.

Trust in Pards and all that eh...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]
    Should have signed him with the Varney money and left Varney for later in the summer, IMO.

that would of been my tactic, though in fairness i've never seen this Varney play.
  • Options
    Forget strikers for now, if we don't have a play making midfield it doesn't matter who the strikers are as they won't get the ball enough to score all those goals we 'll need after Weaver/Randolph have let them in at the other end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Forget strikers for now, if we don't have a play making midfield it doesn't matter who the strikers are as they won't get the ball enough to score all those goals we 'll need after Weaver/Randolph have let them in at the other end.

Reid, Ambrose, Thomas???
  • Options
    Reid - great if he looses the weight and stays fit

Ambrose - not convinced, especially now his mate Benty gone.

Thomas - he'll be sold.

There's also Sam and the Danish lad but I just feel that we need someone with speed, inspiration and the ability to put in a good cross as well as take free kicks - bit like Jensen but with a rocket up his ar*e!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    he gawn to wolves according to the shrimpers
  • Options
    According to Talkshite this morning, he still hasn't signed for Wolves and that we're still in for him. I'm confused.
  • Options
    just checked their site and it says they've reluctantly sold him to Wolves.

Funny how the small clubs really struggle to handle a large transfer.