Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The burnt bomber

What makes me laugh is at our expense, the taxpayer, he's going to get NHS treatment for the burns. How galling that must be for the doctors and nurses eh.

Even more galling for them is the fact he is a doctor as well.

Comments

• Options
    I don't worry or laugh that it's at our expense. It makes me proud. The NHS may be far from perfect but in general, no matter who you are, you will get treated. That is something for everyone in this country to shout about.
  • Options
    far more useful alive, no?
  • Options
    the fact that we are helping this guy shows why we are "better" than them.
  • Options
    i cant see the doctors and nurses giving him too much due care and attention.

Just keeping him alive - but just barely - so he's lying in there in excruiating pain each day - between life and death and is feeling the suffering he was trying to inflict on others.
  • Options
    Cant see the nurses being very gentle with him when its bed bath time.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Cant see the nurses being very gentle with him when its bed bath time.....

lets hope not!! hopefully there will be plenty of brillo pads for sponges!
  • Options
    I'd hope that our doctors and nurses were more professional than that and treated them like any other patient despite whatever they may think of the individual.
  • Options
    *Reuters*

The Police have just released the name of the man on fire and arrested at Glasgow airport -
    Singe MaHead and the other man has been named as Alaburn MaJeep.
  • Options
    here's hoping they're not!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd hope that our doctors and nurses were more professional than that and treated them like any other patient despite whatever they may think of the individual.

I see your logic but, come on mate. He tried to kill people in an utterly horrible way.

If he had succeeded in burning a few people to death and maiming others and survived himself do you honestly think he should be offered the same level of care as his victims?

Just out of interest have you ever seen or smelt a burning human body?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a bit surprised that i am siding with Henry on this one ;-)

This man will be brought to justice (i should hope) all through the right channels on our criminal courts - i don't think that he should be subjected to pain or discomfort because he tried to inflict it on others - our country is better than that.

Lets put it this way, if one of our soldiers in Basra had bombed a building in a "tactical" assault and then got arrested and was not given suitable care would we/you feel the same way?

(i can see this thread sinking quite quickly!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd hope that our doctors and nurses were more professional than that and treated them like any other patient despite whatever they may think of the individual.

I see your logic but, come on mate. He tried to kill people in an utterly horrible way.

If he had succeeded in burning a few people to death and maiming others and survived himself do you honestly think he should be offered the same level of care as his victims?

OK, I'll ask my wife when she gets home but I know that she and other nurses deal with people that they don't like or whose views they disagree with eg Catholic nurses carrying out abortions/operating on JWs.

Yes, used to be a porter in a hospital.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am sure, and hope, that Henry is right.
    We are hopefully a civilised nation, and we have a justice system to deal with him.
  • Options
    Big difference, contrary to what people like to think our armed forces don't blow things up or bomb things indiscriminately or without bloody good reason.

As an aside I don't think we should be looking to go out of our way to inflict pain or suffering on him. He did that himself by setting himself on fire! I just think a nasty taste is left in the mouth when a man who tried to kill himself and others in one of the most horrible ways imaginable is being given the same care if not more than some of our soldiers who have lost legs, arms and suffered burns themselves.
  • Options
    In the same way it can take one person to get a war started, it can take one person to bring the start of peace.

If we do everything by the "eye for an eye" rule eventually no one will be able to see what a beautiful world we could live in.

Peace doods.

And no I don't live my life completely by this ethos but I try to.
  • Options
    90% burns is usually fatal, should we waste the cash?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Big difference, contrary to what people like to think our armed forces don't blow things up or bomb things indiscriminately or without bloody good reason.

As an aside I don't think we should be looking to go out of our way to inflict pain or suffering on him. He did that himself by setting himself on fire! I just think a nasty taste is left in the mouth when a man who tried to kill himself and others in one of the most horrible ways imaginable is being given the same care if not more than some of our soldiers who have lost legs, arms and suffered burns themselves.
    I'm not saying that our armed forces do those things mate, but in the same way these guys probably thought that what they were trying to do was for a good reason. Whether we believe those reasons are right or wrong is open to interpretation and (a very long) discussion. Totally agree with what you say about how other people are treated but that is our problem isnt it?
  • Options
    I believe the doctors and nurses will act with the utmost professionalism and give the guy all the treatment he needs, but will probably NOT go the "extra mile" they would with a normal patient.
  • Options
    Apart from the humanitarian issue which I agree with, surely we have a better chance of finding out about the plot, the contacts etc if he survives than if he dies?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Apart from the humanitarian issue which I agree with, surely we have a better chance of finding out about the plot, the contacts etc if he survives than if he dies?[/quote]

Did try to make that point earlier, but the blood lust is in full swing on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I am sure, and hope, that Henry is right.
    We are hopefully a civilised nation, and we have a justice system to deal with him.

And I hope we do.

[cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

OK, I'll ask my wife when she gets home but I know that she and other nurses deal with people that they don't like or whose views they disagree with eg Catholic nurses carrying out abortions/operating on JWs.

Yes, used to be a porter in a hospital.

That's why we are a diverse and tolerant country. This is not a case of someone having to deal with someone who just has different beliefs (Catholics & Jehovahs Witnesses). We are talking about someone who HATES and despises not just the country he is in but the people in it so much that he would want to burn them to death. I'm sure he wishes he wasn't alive and suffering form bloody painful burn injuries in a Glasgow hospital and that he was at one with Allah, but fact is he is. And while I understand every patient is entitled to care, I just feel very bitter that this scumbag is being cared for full stop.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Apart from the humanitarian issue which I agree with, surely we have a better chance of finding out about the plot, the contacts etc if he survives than if he dies?

Do you really think someone who is willing to blow himself up for his cause is suddenly going to change his mind and blab all the secrets he knows?
  • Options
    also using the cell system there is often not too much they can offer in terms of information.
  • Options
    TBH Carter, your banging your head against a brick wall here, all the stuff you just wrote makes total sense, and people who are defending him, well i am god smacked. Cilvilised country my arse, this country is a cess pitt full of unwanteds but we still have to pick up the bill for it. I wouldnt mind if some of these extremists actually liked this country!
  • Options
    If I was the doctor or nurse treating him I would remain professional and detached and treat him to the best of my ability.

Then give him a little dig when no-one is looking.
  • Options
    only a very small minority of looneys mate, doesn't take much to make chaos while the overwhelming majority of good citizens suffer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Do you really think someone who is willing to blow himself up for his cause is suddenly going to change his mind and blab all the secrets he knows?

Perhaps, now that he has been taken away from the hate fueled group that has helped build him up to do this. Getting a little taste of what that pack mentality is like on this thread. He is a scumbag, I'd like to think I am not so if I was a doctor or nurse I would do my best to preserve any life as that is what would make me different from him.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    blood lust... rolls eyes.

all i think most are saying is that he wont be experiencing the full loving experience of full care and attention of our NHS staff that most have received on here whenever visiting. tho thats not everyones experience of the NHS.
  • Options
    And Stu... you'd be surprised. These people think they're going to to paradise as a martyr, 30 years in prison and they'll quickly cough up information to make life easier for themselves.

Besides I think it's nothing more than a ploy by the Brown government conspiricy to cut down on Doctors waiting lists... how many old dears are going to not bother going to see their Doctors of foreign extraction becuase they 'might be bombers'?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]and people who are defending him, well i am god smacked.

You'll not find a single defence of that man's actions on this thread.