Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v West Brom Match Thread FA Cup R3 05/01/20

Comments

• Options
    Henry looks a prospect, Oshilaja man of our match this half. Otherwise, men against boys.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Of all the youngsters Odoh looked the least capable to me. Would like to see Morgan for him second half. 1-0 is alright considering. 
    Saw a comment about Morgan being on the bench because he was struggling with something against Swansea (hence why Vennings came on for him)

If thats the case then leave him there - Only subs we need to make are Williams and Hemed to get them up to speed, maybe Johl Powell for some experience
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Croydon said:
    Sarr again dragged out of position for that. Undone by a really simple one-two
    Stevenson didn't follow his man, all round poor defending there.
    Neither did well but for me Sarr is more culpable. If he doesn't leave his man they can't play the one two. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    BBC WM said that WBA are playing their 2nd string against Charlton‘s 2nd string. I think they’ve overestimated Charlton as we are playing our Junior Reds team. 
    Oh how I wish our second string included Gareth Barry, Chris Brunt and Charlie Austin...
    Well our second string should be the likes of Field | Oshilaja | Hemed | Oztumer | Aneke

We'd probably be giving them more to think about with our second string actually fit
  • Options
    Wouldn’t make any changes during half time. Whether some of the kids haven’t been up to expected standard or not. Not going to do confidence any good by taking them off. 1-0 is more than decent half time score. 
  • Options
    Take off that Odoh who’s been a passenger so far (a brick wall would have a better first touch and more movement) and bring on Williams. The rest don’t look that bad but need a bit more urgency and realisation they need to make the most of the chance to show what they can do.  
    Worst debut I've seen.
  • Options
    Take off that Odoh who’s been a passenger so far (a brick wall would have a better first touch and more movement) and bring on Williams. The rest don’t look that bad but need a bit more urgency and realisation they need to make the most of the chance to show what they can do.  
    Worst debut I've seen.
    Nah Mikel Alonso will forever retain that trophy
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Talal said:
    Of all the youngsters Odoh looked the least capable to me. Would like to see Morgan for him second half. 1-0 is alright considering. 
    Saw a comment about Morgan being on the bench because he was struggling with something against Swansea (hence why Vennings came on for him)

If thats the case then leave him there - Only subs we need to make are Williams and Hemed to get them up to speed, maybe Johl Powell for some experience
    Fair enough but if he was any doubt there's no need for him to be on the bench today. Also thanks for the stream link, great quality. 
  • Options
    Good exercise to analyse which kids are further ahead than others so far!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:

Fair enough but if he was any doubt there's no need for him to be on the bench today. Also thanks for the stream link, great quality. 
    Very true, and no problem
  • Options
    Hope your not suggesting that Williams plays for 45mins!!... Bloke has just missed two months of football
    Too right I am. We need him to stand in midfield and let the others run around, pass it to him and let him distribute the ball
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fully expecting everyone to be happy with a 1-0 scoreline going into the 95th minute

No need for a draw, no need for further games... and then Naby Sarr pops up at the back post to make it 1-1 with the last kick of the game!!
  • Options
    Agreed with above. Sarr not looking great. Green needs to try and get more involved.

not seen vennings get involved yet and davison doesnt look as mobile yet. Would like to see hemed get a run out and williams to link it up. 

Wiredu maybe nervous some bad touches! 

On the whole i think we’ve played ok considering. 
  • Options
    Wonder what LB is thinking. I'm sure that last thing he wants is a draw and a replay.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Been saying oshi at centre back for ages. Looks comfortable there today, has saved us a few times today. Just need to find someone to partner him! 
    I cant remember him having a bad game as yet. Have to say he is a pretty decent distributor of the ball as well. 
  • Options
    Fully expecting everyone to be happy with a 1-0 scoreline going into the 950th minute

No need for a draw, no need for further games... and then Naby Sarr pops up at the back post to make it 1-1 with the last kick of the game!!
    No extra time today  :)
  • Options
    Hope your not suggesting that Williams plays for 45mins!!... Bloke has just missed two months of football
    Too right I am. We need him to stand in midfield and let the others run around, pass it to him and let him distribute the ball
    Williams' strength is collecting the ball and running at the opposition with it

Drawing fouls and getting set pieces in dangerous positions
  • Options
    Fully expecting everyone to be happy with a 1-0 scoreline going into the 950th minute

A lot of stoppage time there dont you think. 
  • Options
    Worst debut I've seen.
    I saw Alonso's debut and think Odoh has been worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams and Hemed are there to get a few minutes, rather than because we expect them to turn around the game. They'll only get the minutes the medical team allow them
  • Options
    Not nice viewing watching Odoh, nowhere near ready
  • Options
    Weird hearing Brian Cole over the tannoy when not there!
  • Options
    Worst debut I've seen.
    I saw Alonso's debut and think Odoh has been worse.
    I'd class Alonso's as worse because he'd played a ton more senior games
  • Options
    Weird hearing Brian Cole over the tannoy when not there!
    No only the fourth game I've ever seen on TV when we're at home

Never looks right watching from home
  • Options
    Fully expecting everyone to be happy with a 1-0 scoreline going into the 95th minute

Bloody hell, Williams is going to be knackered if he comes on at 45 minutes 😂
  • Options
    46' The second half is under way... #cafc 0 #wba 1
  • Options
    Posted at48'

Conor Townsend (West Bromwich Albion) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at48'

Foul by Josh Davison (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    What happened to Solly then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!