Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Bromich Albion v Charlton | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I would go 3-0 to West Brom, with what is left of our squad.
  • Options
    We are spurred on by an enthusiastic crowd and sense a backs to the wall 0-0 result...giving us more time to get players back and signings in ...

No more injuries 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    My guess is we'll carry on with wing backs until another midfielder is ready to start. 

Phillips

Lockyer Oshilaja Sarr
    Matthews                   Doughty
                         Pratley 
               Morgan    Gallagher

Green   Davison 

Subs: AMB, Pearce, Solly, Purrington, JFC, Williams, Hemed 
    Start with wing backs then go to a back 4 when the subs come on?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Oshilaja | Purrington
    Morgan | Pratley | Doughty
    Gallagher
    Green | Davison

Subs: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Pearce | Forster-Caskey | Williams | Hemed | Aneke

1-1

Sarr dropped from squad for first time in a while.
    Why would a goal scorer be dropped from our 18 ?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    My guess is we'll carry on with wing backs until another midfielder is ready to start. 

Phillips

Lockyer Oshilaja Sarr
    Matthews                   Doughty
                         Pratley 
               Morgan    Gallagher

Green   Davison 

Subs: AMB, Pearce, Solly, Purrington, JFC, Williams, Hemed 
    Start with wing backs then go to a back 4 when the subs come on?
    Yes if things aren't going to plan. 
  • Options
    Referee? 
    Yes, there will be a referee :smile:
  • Options
    My 3rd game back since my self imposed exile,
    1 defeat Udders, 1 win Brizzle, this one to complete the set, a draw probably 1-1
  • Options
    We always raise our game against the better teams. Going for a win but can't predict the score. Otherwise,on form, it should be a stroll for the visitors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New owners first "proper" game, tons of fans back, players back from injury, LB up for it...

Charlton 0 - 1 West Brom
  • Options
    1-1 Hemed.

Would take a draw happily. With these players returning and the possibility of new signings, there is light at the end of the tunnel....... 
  • Options
    Don't think we'll get anything out of this except the warm feeling of the first home league game under new ownership and a bumper crowd. West Brom are brimming with quality and out first 11 is lacking that creative spark or defensive solidity. Our bench might grab us a goal at the death.

1-3 Baggies.

The upswing is yet to come. Hopefully those around us won't pick up points.
  • Options
    Our forward line is surely too weak to worry the promotion contenders until the injured return. If we can keep it scoreless until the last 20 mins or so we may have a chance. 1-0 West Brom, same as last week.
  • Options
    Keep it 0-0 for as long as possible them bring on some quality towards the end to save or win the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Such a shame that this landmark match wasn't a week or two later when we might be able to put out a stronger side. Not expect much from the game, but it should be a great occasion.
    1-3
  • Options
    Hemed super sub 1-0 
  • Options
    Soz was going to upload my usual one shortly

P.S. We're @ home
    Still do it @f@ForeverAddickted mine was just a bit of fun 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Play like we did against Swansea second half and we'll run them close.
  • Options
    I'm not saying it will be easy tomorrow, but I think something special could happen, home win 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton home win.

I was at the Valley against West Brom in April 1976 when Johnny Giles played for West Brom and we won 2-1. Could be the same again.

Up the Addicks.
  • Options
    Soz was going to upload my usual one shortly

P.S. We're @ home
    Still do it @f@ForeverAddickted mine was just a bit of fun 
    Thats all it should ever be!! - Nice to see a different take on a West Brom Preview

My Preview will just go in the Museum as a rare unreleased manuscript

People will travel from all over to marvel as its magnificence like the Madonna with the Big Boobies

After all I dont want to brag but was probably my best ever Preview written
    Great preview as usual FA 
    2.1 Charlton 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Please Lee, start with Naby up front. Mess up their plans a bit and have a punt. We all know he isn't a striker, but these things can pay off in one game and when you don't have a lot else, a wild punt can be your best option.
  • Options
    Please Lee, start with Naby up front. Mess up their plans a bit and have a punt. We all know he isn't a striker, but these things can pay off in one game and when you don't have a lot else, a wild punt can be your best option.
    Just because he is tall doesn't make him a suitable striking option. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just because he is tall doesn't make him a suitable striking option. 
    Not for any length of time, but for the odd game when you don't have other options it can work. And if it doesn't what have you lost? A game you would have lost anyway?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Charlton home win.

I was at the Valley against West Brom in April 1976 when Johnny Giles played for West Brom and we won 2-1. Could be the same again.

Up the Addicks.
    Surely he'll be too old now
  • Options
    Sadly 0 - 3
  • Options
    For nil veggies but we are on the way back