Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Bromich Albion v Charlton | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    You fell at the First fence @KiwiValley
    West Bromwich aren't the home team !
    As I understand it, captains of both teams meet in the central circle , the ref tosses a coin and the Captain who selects the correct side of the coin gets to choose whether his team is the home or away team. This being the case, home and away can’t be determined until near kick off .
    Thank you for your reply, I knew about the new rules on Goal kicks but didn't realize about the new rule on the toss up. 
    The only problem with the new rules is when WBA choose to be the home team and we all have to zoom up the motorway to the Midlands.
  • Options
    You fell at the First fence @KiwiValley
    West Bromwich aren't the home team !
    As I understand it, captains of both teams meet in the central circle , the ref tosses a coin and the Captain who selects the correct side of the coin gets to choose whether his team is the home or away team. This being the case, home and away can’t be determined until near kick off .
    Thank you for your reply, I knew about the new rules on Goal kicks but didn't realize about the new rule on the toss up. 
    The only problem with the new rules is when WBA choose to be the home team and we all have to zoom up the motorway to the Midlands.
    What?! What nonsense. The owners simply exchange deeds to their respective stadiums and all the fans swap shirts scarves etc... 
  • Options
    Charlton 2-1 West Brom ... a strange energy surrounds the West Brom players.... its a new dawn and we just force the win... 

Utter brilliance from Bowyer
  • Options
    We wont score in a month of sundays & WBA will be far too strong for us. We will let in our customary early goal & then concede at regular intervals.

0-5

• Options
    Charlton home win.

I was at the Valley against West Brom in April 1976 when Johnny Giles played for West Brom and we won 2-1. Could be the same again.

Up the Addicks.
    Surely he'll be too old now
    Still probably quicker than Gareth Barry.
  • Options
    So the normal bloke that does this doesn't seem to have stepped up so i thought i'd give it a go.

It's a big game on Saturday - Football is the name of the game and it will involve Charlton verses a bunch of men in blue and white pajamas.

Somewhere between 11 and say 14 people (most likely all men, although the odd boy has fronted recently) will play for Charlton.

We could have some injured players back playing some sort of a role.... perhaps plaiting other substitutes hair, jiggling their legs up and down, and blowing into their hands.

Those on the field will play in a formation.

I predict Dillon Phillips will be selected to play in goal having had his best games in that role this season. It's more difficult to pick the other 10. Possibly Naby Sarr will play a Centre-Half come Number 10.

We'll be aiming to win this game. I have a discomforting suspicion WBA will be trying to win as well.

KiwiValley's prediction

• 2-1 to the Addicks.
    • 20 Chips in a serving
    • 19,000 through the door 

Win Lose or Draw, ...enjoy the first league game out from under the yoke of that moron in Belgium!

If the regular poster of these match previews wants to add to this by all means try and better me.

I swear the first egg I cracked this morning was a double, I don't recall having done that ever before.  The second egg was a single and I obviously saw this as a sign, 2 1 to the Addicks ... what else can it mean?

Then the first post I read on CL not only predicts a 2 1 score line, but mentions the word yolk.  Sometimes the stars align and their ain't nothing anyone can do to change that.  Is it even worth me attending the game?

2/10. No evidence of salt. Nor pepper. Presentation unplated and drab.the only portent perceivable is that a disappointing breakfast is to follow. This notwithstanding I stand by 2–1 and you are welcome to stay with this prediction. To be honest I’m not superstitious. Everybody knows it’s bad luck to be superstitious.  
  • Options
    Add some well done bacon, and change the toast to fried bread. Lovely Jubbly.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    My dorsolateral middle frontal gyrus which sends messages from my brain which affect  my heart is going for a 1-0 cafc win with a 40 yard own goal with a repeat of the Brentford and Leeds home wins.

My hippocampus,Cerebellum and especially amygdala are going for 0-5 WBA win with Dillon Phillips MOM. It's a no brainer.

• Options
    Charlton home win.

I was at the Valley against West Brom in April 1976 when Johnny Giles played for West Brom and we won 2-1. Could be the same again.

Up the Addicks.
    I think he’s twisted his knee so he’s not playing...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Charlton home win.

Up the Addicks.
    He’s got a fitness test. He’s 79 now so might not last the full 90. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Please when we get beaten in a close game, can we refrain from coming on here and going “ IM HAPPY WITH THAT”. 
  • Options
    2-1 prediction a bit over egged in my opinion. I think we could scramble a 1-0 result.

• Options
    2-1 prediction a bit over egged in my opinion. I think we could scramble a 1-0 result.

If we concede first, we’ll be toast.
  • Options
    Maybe Albumen Morgan to get the first goal?
  • Options
    1-0 to Charlton. 

Walsh (7 minutes)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Charlton home win.

Up the Addicks.
    He’s got a fitness test. He’s 79 now so might not last the full 90. 
    He would if he was playing for us....
  • Options
     Can see us sneaking an undeserved point here to start the new era number 78c. 

(Morgan 36 yard screamer)
  • Options
    I’m stuck on the A1 at Welwyn Garden- serous accident. Both ways shut . Not looking good for getting there . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton 0 West Brom 4

Peed off surrounded by wallies who haven’t been for years

Happy Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Ha as if all of us singing will affect the result. We do that every game anyway. Another defeat for plucky under strength charlton.
  • Options
    Cheerful lot on here today.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

After watching on ITV catch up the latest Midsomer murders with Kelly Brook in a wedding dress I can't tell you how much the double egg and yoke resembles the curvaceous Ms Brook who is responsible for much movement down stairs in boys and men from 13 to 93.

Now back to the preview.
  • Options
    Looking at that team, we need those reinforcements asap! Good to see another player back on the bench though
  • Options
    Looking at that team, we need those reinforcements asap! Good to see another player back on the bench though
    Doesn’t look great does it? I see it as a free hit today. 
  • Options
    Like the team but defence might get ripped for pace. 
    West broms subs as wel! Fml 

conor is due a goal