Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring a friend to Barnsley... for free

Comments

• Options
    anyone have a spare or two  :)
    Still looking for two tickets if anyone has some spares 

many thanks 
  • Options
    Glad to see offer extended to half season ticket holders.

Think me and Mr W must be the only mugs who have paid full price for this one - got in early to bag our favourite seats!
    I fully intend to pay full price for mine.
    My pleasure after 5yrs of boycotting.
    Might even treat the niece to hers too 😜
    I’d best smarten myself up if you’re both going. 😉
  • Options
    It will be the Swan most likely. 
  • Options
    Don’t understand why the club aren’t making more of a deal out of this - and trying to fill the ground! 

Biggest game of the season, needs a packed home end!

maybe a twitter ‘trending’ attempt like used to happen would be a good idea!?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    sammy391 said:
    Don’t understand why the club aren’t making more of a deal out of this - and trying to fill the ground! 

This game will have a packed home end. There are very few tickets left behind the goal. 

It's the sides that need filling up. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    One week too go heading for 19,000 already.
    Unfortunately, heading towards 16,000 home fans.

24K less 3K shut = 21K available at the moment.
    5K not sold = 16K sold.
    Pretty poor really. Huge game for us, free tickets being given away, new owner turning up and we've shifted less than we did for some games earlier in the season. Genuinely thought this would be a 22-23k crowd.

Where are all the returning boycotters? 

Hopefully a couple of new signings and a last minute rush will see this nearer to 20k.
    Or,
    Barnsley are not a big attraction
    we’re on a bad run
    january is a tough month for bills coming in
    under 18s could’t bring a friend (these should have been a target group)

Although the offer is nice i don’t think it was thought through. My ‘friend’ won’t be sitting anywhere near me as i’m surrounded by other season ticket holders. I’m sure this applies to a lot of others.

Baldy it's our biggest game of the season.
    A game we cant afford and the tickets are free.
    I thought Barnsley would of made more of this and laid on free coaches.
    Yes it's OUR biggest game of the season but not for the half hearted, day trippers etc.
    The freebies are only available to those who know a season ticket holder and they probably won't be able to sit together anyway.
    Barnsley should have done better with a sit where you like scheme (possibly)

clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.
    Pretty poor really. Huge game for us, free tickets being given away, new owner turning up and we've shifted less than we did for some games earlier in the season. Genuinely thought this would be a 22-23k crowd.

Hopefully a couple of new signings and a last minute rush will see this nearer to 20k.
    Or,
    we’re on a bad run

Although the offer is nice i don’t think it was thought through. My ‘friend’ won’t be sitting anywhere near me as i’m surrounded by other season ticket holders. I’m sure this applies to a lot of others.

Yes it's OUR biggest game of the season but not for the half hearted, day trippers etc.
    The freebies are only available to those who know a season ticket holder and they probably won't be able to sit together anyway.
    What more do we want the club to do baldy.
    Its not ideal fans cant sit together, but they are giving a free ticket away.
    I wonder how many fans without a season ticket dont know a season ticket holder?
    Apart from laying on free transport , food and drink not much more they can do

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

Beat millwall :)
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

We will 
  • Options

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

Surely Charlton fans go to see Charlton, not Barnsley. 

Yes agreed January is tough for many, but most people will get paid this week. So if that is the reason, hopefully we'll see a late ticket rush.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

clb74 said:

5K not sold = 16K sold.

Or,
    we’re on a bad run

This games bigger than the millwall game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bigger in battle to stay up agreed but not for the years of suffering our results against the Bermondsey boys. I make it 4730 seats remain in the open home areas
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    sammy391 said:

This game will have a packed home end. There are very few tickets left behind the goal. 

It's the sides that need filling up. 
    Shhhhhh
  • Options
    We'd get 2 in the west if the blimmin thing worked for us. Fully appreciate that it's more likely a problem with my dads online account rather than the system as it worked for so many but frustrating none the less. he's going to have to call them today to try to get it sorted. 

Has anyone claimed 2 tickets via a linked account via their online profile? we want 2 and my dads account is linked to my uncles ( and grandad who don't have their own accounts) so would my dad be able to get 2 tickets that way? It automatically was coming up with 2 tickets whenever we logged in but not sure if that's the default? 
  • Options
    We'd get 2 in the west if the blimmin thing worked for us. Fully appreciate that it's more likely a problem with my dads online account rather than the system as it worked for so many but frustrating none the less. he's going to have to call them today to try to get it sorted. 

Has anyone claimed 2 tickets via a linked account via their online profile? we want 2 and my dads account is linked to my uncles ( and grandad who don't have their own accounts) so would my dad be able to get 2 tickets that way? It automatically was coming up with 2 tickets whenever we logged in but not sure if that's the default? 
    Ring the ticket office 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Ring the ticket office 
    I did say that's what he's going to do today, just asking if anyone got any more insight. no point me ringing the ticket office as they wont sell to me as i'm not a ST holder but thanks for the suggestion! 

• Options
    4,676 tickets left.

216 in the Upper Covered End. 
  • Options
    I’m going as a ‘friend’.

Not a penny more until Roland’s gone.
  • Options
    Sadly the whole thing has not been well organised. Got a spare ticket but can’t sit anywhere near our 2 season tickets.

Got in fairly early but was showing all lower covered end sold out. So had to get a ticket in upper, not ideal. Then a few days later loads of lower come back on sale?

Still think ticket office don’t know what they are doing.

Shame because the idea was a really good one it’s just the ticketing system/people who run it, are hopeless.
  • Options
    Sadly the whole thing has not been well organised. Got a spare ticket but can’t sit anywhere near our 2 season tickets.

Got in fairly early but was showing all lower covered end sold out. So had to get a ticket in upper, not ideal. Then a few days later loads of lower come back on sale?

Still think ticket office don’t know what they are doing.

Shame because the idea was a really good one it’s just the ticketing system/people who run it, are hopeless.
    Maybe lower tickets were unavailable as CAFC didnt want to extend the offer to Barnsley fans, but later changed their minds?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4,265 tickets left.

119 in the Covered End. 
  • Options
    It's jumped up to 4,299 tickets left (a load more have appeared in East H).

But Covered End only has 100 left......

(There's no new signings to look up so this'll have to do for now.....) 
  • Options
    Take up of free tickets is 2,800 according that story.
  • Options
    just got one freebie.

No problem on the PC but still plenty of seats available in NWC
  • Options
    4,113 tickets left.

62 in the Covered End.

Block E in Quadrant and Block D West Stand sold out. 
  • Options
    Yay, got our freebies - West Upper (sourcing flasks and blankets)
  • Options
    Can we now change the heading to 'Bring a lucky charm (or striker) to Barnsley for free'? COYA!
  • Options
    3,978 tickets left. 

34 in the Covered end. 
  • Options
    So what's the attendance going to be ?