Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VALLEY FLOYD ROAD: Loud and proud before KO

The PA is due to play VFR straight after Red Red Robin today and going forward – apparently one of the people in the recording of our version didn't want it played in the Roland era. Make sure you're listening out for it and really give it some. The Rat has gone, this is a new era, we are Charlton and this is The Valley, so let's get our anthem booming around the ground. 

You never know, it may even help fulfil a decade-long dream of mine and make us sing it slower during the game too. Forest do a great job with it but our version is better, so let's make this a new tradition to be proud of.

COYR. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlO6mJgKHxU

Comments

• Options
    I’m not really one for ‘manufactured’ singing, but worth giving it a go on this occasion. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I’m not really one for ‘manufactured’ singing, but worth giving it a go on this occasion. 
    But it's Valley Floyd Road. An original, un-manufactured anthem of ours. A little prompt from the PA to get all sides of the ground singing as one I don't think is overly-contrived. Certainly doesn't feel that way when you see 'Oh City Ground' at Forest or even Bubbles at West Ham (despite the bubble machine which is an abomination!)
  • Options
    If we’re taking requests, any chance of Sheikh it up Baby, twist and shout?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Why stop there.....

Things can only get better by DREAM
    and Jump around by house of pain.

Lets get the place jumping, or ‘bouncing’ as LB would say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing the song just before kick off like West Hams and 'bubbles' or Millwall and 'let em come' normally gets the fans going. Cant see it as a bad thing.
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    MrWalker said:
    Davo55 said:
    stonemuse said:
    But it's Valley Floyd Road. An original, un-manufactured anthem of ours. A little prompt from the PA to get all sides of the ground singing as one I don't think is overly-contrived. Certainly doesn't feel that way when you see 'Oh City Ground' at Forest or even Bubbles at West Ham (despite the bubble machine which is an abomination!)
    We could always get a mist machine to accompany our “mist rolling in”. Or the vapers could do their thing 🙂
    What, Turning Japanese? 
    I really think so!
    No Vaping at The Valley
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    Davo55 said:
    stonemuse said:
    We could always get a mist machine to accompany our “mist rolling in”. Or the vapers could do their thing 🙂
    What, Turning Japanese? 

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Playing the song just before kick off like West Hams and 'bubbles' or Millwall and 'let em come' normally gets the fans going. Cant see it as a bad thing.
    Millwall actually have it right. Let em come into hey jude....

ive never really enjoyed red robin. Preference to scrap it but i am a younger (now 30) fan. 

Glad to see we will be playing valley floyd road. 

Do they still play skids into the valley i cant remember hearing it? Love that song 
  • Options
    Love that boy, slightly right of centre, with his hands on his hips:
    You know what? I think this might just work...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    I appreciate that Red Red Robin is very old fashioned and more than a bit twee. For some of us though it is a point in proceedings that brings back happy memories of times (and Addicks) past. For me I always think of my dad when I hear it. I also think of my eldest son, who as a kid once got quite upset when we were late and proclaimed, "If we don't hurry up, we'll miss the Red Red Robin". So, in my mind at least, that song is something that unites three generations of our family going to Charlton.

I'm not so naive as to ask people to sing it, but I genuinely don't believe that asking people to respect it by not singing over it is too much to ask. 
    👍🏽👍🏽 Fair play. 
  • Options

Yep 500 mile an hour, rather than 1000 miles an hour please cupboard end.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Any chance at  the end of we can bring a sofa onto the pitch, have a pitch invasion and smash it up, bet no ones thought of doing that before!

Could signal the changing  of the guard, and be quite therapeutic!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I have a second request, but I've no doubts it won't be heeded. PLEASE can we not sing anything over the Red Red Robin other than the Red Red Robin. It always saddens me that as fans we never respect our original song.
    One of the things I looked forward to singing during the Cardiff game and was totally drowned out by the Allez chant, gutted
  • Options
    If it means it gets sung at the appropriate speed then I’m all for it.
  • Options
    Well how did it go?