Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VALLEY FLOYD ROAD: Loud and proud before KO

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well how did it go?
    If it was played i didn’t hear it.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don't think it was played. RRR, then the teams announcement, (while the crowd sang VFR), then kick off.
  • Options
    It was played 
  • Options
    It was played. But getting the crowd to match up with it at the same time was never going to work.
  • Options
    The PA system at the Valley, particularly the north stand speakers are knackered.
    I'm not surprised people couldn't hear it....
  • Options
    Didn't hear it at all in the west. Got a good rendition by the crowd though
  • Options
    I heard Red Red Robin as the teams came out but then only heard the crowd singing so couldn't tell if VFR was played or not.
  • Options
    Didn’t hear it played in the east stand either. 
  • Options
    Didn’t hear it in north upper
  • Options
    Heard it north upper but only for a few seconds inbetween the teams and the referees whistle. Reckon it could work well if timings are sorted out better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well how did it go?
    Didn’t get played. But there was a moment after the one minute applause whereby there was no music being played, so it was sung properly then. Sounded very good and louder than it has been for a long time. Gave me genuine chills knowing that we’ve got our Charlton back
  • Options
    Well how did it go?
    Didn’t get played. But there was a moment after the one minute applause whereby there was no music being played, so it was sung properly then. Sounded very good and louder than it has been for a long time. Gave me genuine chills knowing that we’ve got our Charlton back
    It was played immediately after the end of the minute’s applause, which I would assume led to it being sung at that moment. 
    There have always been two problems - the singing goes at double the pace of the song and then drowns out the track anyway, and the speakers in certain parts of the ground aren’t what they used to be so some find it difficult to hear it clearly. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    The PA system at the Valley, particularly the north stand speakers are knackered.
    I'm not surprised people couldn't hear it....
    I was in north upper block L and thought they didn't play it - although I'd rather it was sang acapella not chasing a backing track.
  • Options
    There was a good rendition of VFR without the PA before the minute's applause. Would always be a bit more special if we slowed down how we sung it, but that was good.

Fair play to @Ollywozere, it did indeed come on the PA after the applause, but it's pretty quiet so it just doesn't land. I think it would be worth persisting with, especially if His Excellency™ wires through some cash for new speakers at some point, but it would also take a concerted effort from those near the drum in the Covered End to sing at the slow speed too, which I'm not sure I see happening. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I really dislike the "recorded version," sounds really tacky. Absolutely love the song, I just find playing recorded fan music very cringe. 

Agree about Red Red Robin, love it.
  • Options
    Well how did it go?
    It was played immediately after the end of the minute’s applause, which I would assume led to it being sung at that moment. 
    There have always been two problems - the singing goes at double the pace of the song and then drowns out the track anyway, and the speakers in certain parts of the ground aren’t what they used to be so some find it difficult to hear it clearly. 
    My mistake mate, maybe I just couldn’t hear it over the crowd and drums. Probably doesn’t help that I sit in the Covered End
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Huskaris said:
    I really dislike the "recorded version," sounds really tacky. Absolutely love the song, I just find playing recorded fan music very cringe. 

Feckin cheek of it.
    Me and @Badger are still known as the “Robson and Jerome” of Charltonlife after laying that track! 
    😉😂
    Haha! Not a criticism of the singers! Just hate music like that being played. Up there with goal music for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there an alternate PA system that could actually be clearly heard throughout the stadium in case of emergencies?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Huskaris said:

Feckin cheek of it.
    Me and @Badger are still known as the “Robson and Jerome” of Charltonlife after laying that track! 
    😉😂
    Unfortunately it is Bobby Robson and Jerome Boateng 
  • Options
    TN15 said:
    Why does everyone applaud themselves after singing VFR?
    Seems weird to me.
    Also baffled by this
  • Options
    I don't recall hearing it. Mind you I am virtually deaf. 
  • Options
    I'm just a kid again, doing what I did again, singing this song.

Get's me every time, because it's so true.

AGREE.
  • Options
    RRR as the teams walk out. 

Then as soon as the ref blows to kick off, sing VFR. Don’t need a PA system for 
    that.
  • Options
    Well how did it go?
    The music that accompanies the video is shocking . It’s just sounds like a wall of screams in the north stand . Is there any way we can have the old music that went with the video or at least something a bit stiring .