Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New signings are a must.

New signings are a must in the next 2 weeks. I have been saying for weeks once our players are back fit we will be fine. They trouble we have now we seem to be rushing them back and they are braking down again. If we don’t get some players in I can just see it our injury list not improving. They need to be played here and there. And players like pratley need a rest. Still think we have what it takes to stay up. But it wouldn’t be Charlton if we did it the easy way.

Comments

• Options
    We will be ok!  Bows will sign that contract very, very very...
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What is a must is new threads about new signings.
    I think we need a few more. You can never have enough.
  • Options
    I'm just too shy to start one.
  • Options
    @Brown59 has hacked someone's account now
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    Nah, I think we're fine as we are.
    If anything we need to be shipping players out.  We are up to squad number 46 now - Southall talks about being sustainable....having 46 first team players is hardly that. 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    His user name is Fog Horn, he needs to be heard! 
    Just ask the people that sit around me.😂
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nah, I think we're fine as we are.
    If anything we need to be shipping players out.  We are up to squad number 46 now - Southall talks about being sustainable....having 46 first team players is hardly that. 
    This is a serious and well thought point. If we have too many players, will buying more marque players risk taking is to brink of financial fair play regulation limits or beyond. Much as we all want to see some signings but is there much scope for spending within the limits. That info would be helpful so fans can raise our reduce expectations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't realise Michael Owen was a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Top level punditry
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why do people feel the need to say the most obvious thing possible.
    Bang goes my thread: "We need wins to stay up"
    It would have made a good companion to my, 'All these defeats are having a negative effect on our league position'.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    They need to be the 'right type' of signings and not the 2020 model of a Roger Johnson equivalent particularly given the current susceptibility of our players to miss a month or two at the drop of a hat.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:
    What is a must is new threads about new signings.
    I think we need a few more. You can never have enough

Fit players ?
  • Options
    It's rumoured we are looking at a couple of Bristol Rovers players and that Madison will now go to the Brum.

Our new owner says he will save us through the use of "technology" ?!!

Unless the owners take our predicament seriously and sign 4 or 5 quality players in the next week or so, we will be going down. Bowyer made the point after yesterday's match and worryingly suggested that he is not being listened to.

The honeymoon will soon end if ESI do not use the last word in their abbreviated name and start spending she wedge.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why do people feel the need to say the most obvious thing possible. This thread is fricken pointless, Of course Bow knows, Southall knows and Nimer knows we need signings.
    I do not blame Bowyer, but Matt Southall and ESI now need to step up. Otherwise, they will have spent a lot of cash on what will become a league 1 club. Other clubs are doing business - why not us? 

• Options
    edited January 2020
    LenGlover said:
    They need to be the 'right type' of signings and not the 2020 model of a Roger Johnson equivalent particularly given the current susceptibility of our players to miss a month or two at the drop of a hat.
    Agree, but Gallen has proven an expert at finding some good players. He also needs to step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why do people feel the need to say the most obvious thing possible. This thread is fricken pointless, Of course Bow knows, Southall knows and Nimer knows we need signings.
    I do not blame Bowyer, but Matt Southall and ESI now need to step up. Otherwise, they will have spent a lot of cash on what will become a league 1 club. Other clubs are doing business - why not us? 

Well they've promised to spend a lot of cash, but they've deferred buying the Valley and training ground (probably just to speed up the takeover), and as Roland said he'd give the club away for free I'm not sure they've spent anything at all as yet.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    LenGlover said:
    Agree, but Gallen has proven an expert at finding some good players. He also needs to step up.
    "Step up"? So what do you think he is doing? Listen to what Bowyer has said; they are both constantly on their phones and meeting players. NO ONE will sign for us until Bow's future is sorted, that's the first question potential signing ask. Yes, they may want to sign for us but they want to play under Bowyer. So, for the 1,000th time, get the boy's contract sorted, and the rest will hopefully follow. We all know that one win in seventeen is relegation form, nailed on. We can't keep on relying on the clubs below us to keep losing - they wont. Another week with no news both on the pitch and off it is unacceptable. So come on Mr Chairman, you've been saying all the things people want to hear but words are cheap, actions speak louder, or do you want to be chairman of a third division club next season? 
  • Options
    For everyone who keeps saying we need signings....could you contribute by suggesting actual names? Rather than just aimlessly suggesting we need signings? People forget where we were before the injuries!!
  • Options
    Not disrespecting Bowyer, or your views at all @addick19 but do we really think Bowyer is regarded that highly outside of Charlton? I mean I know he's been tapped for a couple of jobs, and I like him as our manager but I can't really see that being a huge influence on potential signings. Could be a factor in renewals but I don't think people would be bothered which of the top 50 managers (which as a champ manager you presumably are) in UK football they are playing under. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well if they know please tell them to get a move on.
    They've had since the middle of November to compile a list.
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    It's rumoured we are looking at a couple of Bristol Rovers players and that Madison will now go to the Brum.

Unless the owners take our predicament seriously and sign 4 or 5 quality players in the next week or so, we will be going down. Bowyer made the point after yesterday's match and worryingly suggested that he is not being listened to.

The honeymoon will soon end if ESI do not use the last word in their abbreviated name and start spending she wedge.

No he didn’t. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    BigDiddy said:

No he didn’t. 
    His exact words were: “That is not always about spending lots of money, but about being at the forefront of technology and development.”
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    It's rumoured we are looking at a couple of Bristol Rovers players and that Madison will now go up his own Bum.

The honeymoon will soon end if ESI do not use the last word in their abbreviated name and start spending sandwedges.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    BigDiddy said:
    It's rumoured we are looking at a couple of Bristol Rovers players and that Madison will now go up his own Bum.

The honeymoon will soon end if ESI do not use the last word in their abbreviated name and start spending sandwedges.

Speedball 2100 is one of my favourite games ever. What a game. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    For everyone who keeps saying we need signings....could you contribute by suggesting actual names? Rather than just aimlessly suggesting we need signings? People forget where we were before the injuries!!
    That is ridiculous. We know there is a list of names already and Gallen and Bowyer are better qualified to add to that list if required. People can of course make the general observation that we need signings urgently without specifying who they are. It is the same as saying we need to score goals and inviting Lifers to step up and score some!